Need name help for #3

We’re due with baby #3 in [name]July[/name]. I like to have a name picked out well in advance and have something to call “it” once we know the gender. I’ve never been so indecisive before and could use some help. My husband doesn’t have much input other than like/dislike, sooo…

We have a 3yo daughter named [name]Eloise[/name] and a 15mo daughter named [name]Beatrix[/name]. When they were born, neither of their names were currently in the top 1000 names in the US, which I really prefer. (although [name]Eloise[/name] has jumped the chart quite a bit)…

Top 2 that we agree on:

• [name]Guinevere[/name]
  • [name]Olympia[/name]

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Harriet[/name], but my husband hates it. :frowning:

Other names on our list: [name]Ramona[/name], [name]Augusta[/name], [name]Thora[/name], [name]Hermione[/name] (too HP?), [name]Maxine[/name].

Suggestions, input, etc?

(I’m new to nameberry, so hopefully I’m doing this right. )

[name]Guinivere[/name] is great, I’ve never been as big a fan of [name]Olympia[/name], but that’s just me. [name]Ramona[/name] and [name]Augusta[/name] are nice but I’m not a huge fan of [name]Maxine[/name]. Now [name]Hermione[/name], I actually [name]LOVE[/name]. If this makes sense at all, I think [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Granger[/name] will honestly be a bigger problem before the child is born than after, because the association is stronger before you have something to attach the name to other than the book character.

I have a few suggestions for you as well…

[name]Thisbe[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] (the nn [name]Cora[/name] would go really well with [name]Beatrix[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name])
[name]Andromeda[/name] nn [name]Annie[/name], [name]Romy[/name], [name]Droma[/name], [name]Andrie[/name], [name]Andy[/name]…
[name]Ophelia[/name]
[name]Winifred[/name] nn [name]Winnie[/name]
[name]Araminta[/name] nn [name]Minty[/name]
[name]Agatha[/name] nn [name]Aggie[/name]
[name]Minerva[/name] nn [name]Minnie[/name]
[name]Theadora[/name] nn [name]Thea[/name][name]/Dora[/name]

I like [name]Ramona[/name] best for your sibset.

I think [name]Ramona[/name] is perfect with [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Beatrix[/name]. My favorite, though, is [name]Thora[/name]- very pretty sound, but quite unique. I like [name]Maxine[/name] as well, and I think [name]Max[/name] is absolutely adorable on a little girl!
[name]Hermione[/name] I think is too [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name], and I’d take that off immediately. I see the appeal of the name, and [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Granger[/name] is a great character, but I think a lifetime of [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] jokes would be a bit annoying.
[name]Augusta[/name] is fine, but a bit clunky, in my opinion.
[name]Guinevere[/name] I like, but I can’t imagine anyone being called [name]Guinevere[/name] all the time- it just seems so regal! It’s pretty, but formal sounding to me, and maybe not too wearable.
[name]Olympia[/name]'s similarity to [name]Olivia[/name] makes it more wearable, but also more likely to be misheard. I think you’ll probably have to correct people a bit.

Other suggestions:
[name]Agatha[/name]
[name]Romilly[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Eleanora[/name]
[name]Philippa[/name] ([name]Pippa[/name])
[name]Coraline[/name]
[name]Lucille[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Amabel[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Verity[/name]
[name]Amity[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Bryony[/name]
[name]Leonore[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Seraphina[/name]

Oh wow you have great taste in names! Your daughters’ names are gorgeous!

I love [name]Guinevere[/name]! Seriously it’s so pretty :slight_smile: I also love [name]Hermione[/name], I don’t think it’s too HP, and anyway [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Granger[/name] would be a worthy namesake. [name]Augusta[/name] is also lovely.

However I don’t like [name]Olympia[/name], it makes me think of a huge fat woman.

I really like [name]Hermione[/name] with [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Beatrix[/name]. I think it’s slowly starting to lose its [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] connection, and it’s a beautiful name, in my opinion. My second choice would probably be [name]Ramona[/name]. I love [name]Olympia[/name], but I don’t think it fits quite right with [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Beatrix[/name], although they do all share a certain strong, dignified aura when put together. Here are a few suggestions:

[name]Agatha[/name]
[name]Millicent[/name]
[name]Rosamund[/name]
[name]Winifred[/name]

I love [name]Thora[/name] and [name]Guinevere[/name].

great names. good luck.

[name]Welcome[/name] to Nameberry! I really like [name]Olympia[/name]! I think it sounds very regal and majestic and works great with [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Beatrix[/name]! I am not much of a fan of [name]Harriet[/name] either but I think [name]Hattie[/name] is cute and could be a nice compromise?

Best Wishes :slight_smile:

I love love [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Winifred[/name] but our last name starts with [name]Ren[/name] and it’s too much of a tongue-twister. :frowning:

I’ve also considered [name]Theodora[/name], nn [name]Thora[/name]?

I do [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Ramona[/name] with our girl’s names, but dh is iffy on the “mona” part…

Definitely adding [name]Agatha[/name]/[name]Agnes[/name] to my list to run by dh, the nn [name]Aggie[/name] is adorable.

Good point about [name]Olympia[/name] being mistaken for [name]Olivia[/name] (not fond of that name due to someone I know :confused: )

[name]Guinevere[/name] would probably get the nn [name]GiGi[/name]. We call our girls their full names a majority of the time, but also call them [name]Elle[/name] and [name]Bea[/name].

Thanks for all of the constructive criticism/suggestions/input, I really love the atmosphere around here (compared to other name forums. :slight_smile: ). Keep the comments coming!