Need name suggestions!

I’m not pregnant, but for the huge namenerd that I am, I have a really big problem: I am out of girls names that I like. I always go through different fazes, and I just went through my Old Fashioned name faze, until I started saying some of these names out loud and realizing that they really do sound like grandmother names. The only one that I still remotely like from that list is [name]Violet[/name], although I’m getting tired of it as it grows more and more popular. I had also liked the name [name]Felicity[/name], but I’m finding it a bit too Lissy-ish, if you know what I mean. Names like, [name]Alyssa[/name], [name]Marissa[/name], [name]Clarissa[/name]. Somehow [name]Felicity[/name] is just reminding me of those names that I am not particularly found of. So here are my criteria in a name:

1. I am not a huge fan of unisex names, but I geuss I will take suggestions

2. I do not like hugely popular names

3. I do not like old fashioned names, as I have just gotten over them.

So please suggest names, I’m sorry I have such specific criteria! But, I do change my mind a lot, so if you o find a name that doesn’t follow my criteria but you think I will like it, please suggest it anyways. Thanks!!!

I have the same problem with girls names as you do. Boys names I like the same name for years, but the girls…agh. (Also, like you I’m just a name nerd, not expecting.)

Here’s what I currently like:

(1) [name]Amerie[/name]
(2) [name]Alia[/name]
(3) Zemirah
(4) [name]Vasili[/name] (but is it too much like Vasaline)
(5) Adlee
(6) [name]Embry[/name]
(7) [name]Colette[/name]
(8) [name]Everly[/name]
(9) [name]Ezri[/name]
(10) [name]Anali[/name]
(11) [name]Isla[/name]
(12) [name]Varenka[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] that helps…somehow…

Would you maybe like more exotic names, or even names from mythology? Here are some random names I thought of…

[name]Catalina[/name]
[name]Calista[/name]
[name]Phaedra[/name]
[name]Althea[/name]
Chrysanthe
[name]Elysia[/name]
[name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Clio[/name]
[name]Marguerite[/name]
Lisela
Liviana
[name]Elspeth[/name]
Tulia
[name]Odessa[/name]
[name]Oceane[/name]
[name]Guinevere[/name]
[name]Octavia[/name]
[name]Milena[/name]
[name]Ayelet[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name]
[name]Melisande[/name]
[name]Capucine[/name]
[name]Amarantha[/name]
[name]Catrin[/name]
[name]Victoire[/name]
[name]Saffron[/name]
[name]Zelia[/name]

I love french names mainly [name]Apolline[/name] ([name]AH[/name]-POH-[name]LEE[/name]-NAH) which is part of [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] saga & [name]Capucine[/name] (KA-PEW-SEEN).

Funny, I wouldn’t group those names at all. I’d say [name]Alyssa[/name] is attractive, [name]Marissa[/name] passable, and [name]Clarissa[/name] awful.

I still find many of the old-fashioned names now coming back to be too old. I compulsively avoid popular names, to the extent I haven’t been able to form an opinion on whether I like some names because they’re too common for me to ever seriously consider. So I should find this easy, but…

Anyway, it’s nice to see someone who has some criteria, rather than just asking for a list of assorted names. In fact, I’d like more to go on.

Are you looking for a certain origin, or avoiding a certain one? I avoid almost all Hebrew names for either gender, and I’m really into Greek, French and Russian names for girls, though not the Italian and Spanish which are coming into vogue alongside Russian. I suppose I’d embrace Japanese if I didn’t think it was still outr”, and I know most other people do too.
Are there ending letters/sounds you favor or not? This is a big one for me.
Are there certain categories you want to avoid? For example, I dislike traditional male names feminized by adding an ending ([name]Josephine[/name], [name]Michaela[/name]).

triplicate,
Yes, there are some other things I would like to avoid. Well, I do not really like the whole [name]Bailey[/name], [name]Kailey[/name], [name]Hailey[/name] sort of thing. I have recently found two names that I like: [name]Natalia[/name] nn [name]Lia[/name] and [name]Alessia[/name]. Im not too sure on [name]Alessia[/name], but I am giving it a try. I think [name]Natalia[/name] is beautiful except it sounds very russian to me, which like you I am not a fan of. Mostly because a lot of Russian names have hard K sounds for example [name]Anika[/name]. I am not a huge fan of names with a PH in the beginning, but Ill deal with an F. I tend to like names ending in A or consenants, but once again, all suggestions welcome.

I do agree with you on the [name]Alyssah[/name],[name]Larissa[/name],[name]Clarissa[/name]. But I think [name]Clarissa[/name] is better than [name]Larissa[/name]. Here`s the funny thing, I know five girls named, [name]Alyssah[/name], [name]Larissa[/name], [name]Marissa[/name], [name]Clarissa[/name] and another [name]Clarissa[/name]. So to me the names are getting knd of old.

If you would like any more specifics, just ask. Thanks!

Okay, to start with, some -ia’s (and a few others):

[name]Alexandria[/name] (SO much cooler than [name]Alexandra[/name])
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Andrea[/name]
Aurelai
[name]Avia[/name]
[name]Antonia[/name]
Catria
[name]Camillia[/name]
[name]Cassandra[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Cynthia[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Delia[/name]
[name]Diana[/name]
[name]Eugenia[/name]

[name]Letitia[/name]
[name]Laia[/name]
[name]Lavinia[/name]
[name]Leia[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Nadia[/name]
[name]Odelia[/name]
[name]Octavia[/name]
[name]Pamela[/name]
[name]Ramona[/name]
[name]Roxana[/name]
[name]Sonia[/name]
[name]Teresa[/name]

Because of the ph/f thing, even though not at the beginning:
[name]Stefania[/name]
[name]Rafaela[/name]

Most of these came from searching our database. Lots of others were really unfamiliar names or odd spellings, but there are too many of those for me to start by offering them.

Oh, and read again: Russian was with Greek and French on my “good” side.

triplicate,
Oh, sorry about the Russian thing. I must have read wrong. But thanks for the suggestions!