Need opinions on names for boy or girl due in July!

[name]Hi[/name]! I am due in [name]July[/name] and my husband and I are desperately trying to find/ agree on a name for the little one. We don’t know what we are having so we are picking both boy and girl names. So far our top names are as follows:

Girls
[name]Lillian[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name]
[name]Victoria[/name]

Boys
[name]Jacob[/name]
[name]Andrew[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Patrick[/name]

I typically like old fashioned/traditional/antique names. For girls I like them to be very feminine. I love [name]Lillian[/name] and it is my husbands grandmother’s name but he thinks [name]Lily[/name] is too popular. I agree [name]Lily[/name] is very popular, but [name]Lillian[/name] is such a beautiful name its hard for me to pass up. I came up with [name]Tessa[/name] after my middle name, [name]Theresa[/name], and my husband seems to be thrilled with it. But I just don’t know? What do you think? We had previously agreed upon [name]Victoria[/name] but I’m not a huge fan of its nicknames so i think we are pulling away from this one. In the past I have considered [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Claire[/name], [name]Sophia[/name], [name]Iris[/name], [name]June[/name] and [name]Gemma[/name] if that helps give you a sense of my taste.

As for boys I have loved the name [name]Jacob[/name] since I was a little girl and always planned to name my son this but it is just so gosh darn popular now that it is frustrating the heck out of me! My husband likes [name]Jake[/name] but not [name]Jacob[/name]. I still love [name]Jacob[/name] but hate its popularity and can’t bring myself to use an overly popular name but also can’t separate myself from it either! I love [name]Andrew[/name] but not a huge fan of its nicknames either. My husband loves [name]Jude[/name]. [name]Jude[/name] is growing on me but I’m not so sure. It may be too “out there” for me if that makes sense. Or am I wrong? does it sound classic to you? I also love [name]Patrick[/name] (its my husbands middle name) but he doesn’t like the nickname [name]Pat[/name] (I agree) and we’re afraid he would get stuck with that nickname.

So after all of that rambling what do you all think would be our best choice? Any other suggestions now that you have an idea of my taste?

I think you should go with [name]Lillian[/name]… I love that it’s so personal to you. [name]Even[/name] though it seems popular, you never know how common it will actually be with your daughter’s age, and I’d hate to see you give up a name so special to you just because other people like it too! I like [name]Jude[/name] for a boy… maybe you’d like the nickname [name]Drew[/name] for an [name]Andrew[/name]? Has a similar sound to [name]Jude[/name] but is a little more traditional. Good luck!!

Be advised that [name]Lillian[/name] is getting just as popular as [name]Lily[/name]. If popularity is an issue with you, I would not use [name]Lillian[/name]. It is a lovely name though.

[name]Tessa[/name] is nice.

I like [name]Victoria[/name], but am the same way as you, I do not like any of its nickname options.

I really like all your boys names. My favorites are [name]Jude[/name] and [name]Patrick[/name]. Other name ideas:

[name]Ada[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Dora[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Greta[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Jane[/name]
[name]Lena[/name]
[name]Mona[/name]
[name]Nina[/name]
[name]Opal[/name]
[name]Polly[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]/[name]Rosa[/name]
[name]Thora[/name]

I think you should go with [name]Lillian[/name], it sounds special to you! Or perhaps, [name]Tessa[/name] because you and your husband both like it and it’s a pretty name!

I considered the name [name]Rose[/name] for a girl but my husband vetoed it. It is on my short list of middle names though because it makes everything sound lovely. [name]Drew[/name] is one of the nicknames that I do not like for [name]Andrew[/name]. I really dont like [name]Andy[/name] and I really don’t like [name]Drew[/name]. But I love [name]Andrew[/name]! I wish I could just be sure that he wouldn’t end up with a nickname. After talking to my husband last night I think he is really getting set on [name]Jude[/name]. He is a pediatrician and sees kids every day and said he sees way too many [name]Jake[/name]'s and [name]Lily[/name]'s :frowning: I am still not ready to give up yet! But I think [name]Tessa[/name] and [name]Jude[/name] may be growing on me. Its just hard because I have thought about baby names for YEARS and suddenly my husband who never really cared before seems to be the one picking all of the names!

[name]One[/name] more thing, would you like [name]Tessa[/name] better if we named her [name]Theresa[/name] and called her [name]Tessa[/name]? That is an option (although my husband wasn’t to fond of that idea ha!)

I love both [name]Lillian[/name] and [name]Tessa[/name]! (No, just name her [name]Tessa[/name] not [name]Theresa[/name]). I am with your husband on [name]Jake[/name]. I love [name]Jake[/name], but not [name]Jacob[/name]. I really love [name]Andrew[/name] as well.

Go with [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Tessa[/name] or [name]Tessa[/name] [name]Lillian[/name] and [name]Jude[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] or [name]Andrew[/name] “[name]Drew[/name]” [name]Patrick[/name]! Perfect :slight_smile:

I have been thinking that I really like the name [name]Patrick[/name] as a middle name for [name]Jude[/name]. Good choice! That way he and my husband would share a middle name and I think it sounds nice together. If we use [name]Andrew[/name] I would probably call him [name]Andrew[/name] [name]Francis[/name] after my grandfather. My husbands grandmothers full name is [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Rose[/name] and if we went with [name]Lillian[/name] we would probably use [name]Rose[/name] as a middle name too just because it is very pretty together and there is no real reason to break it up I guess. But I also like [name]Tessa[/name] [name]Rose[/name] too. Hmm

[name]Lillian[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is very pretty, but I have seen so many in the birth announcements. Have you considered [name]Theresa[/name] [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Rose[/name] or [name]Tessa[/name] [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Rose[/name]?