Need possible nicknames for Leighton!

We’ve decided on [name]Leighton[/name] for our baby girl! I wanted to see if anyone knows of any nicknames besides “Leighty.” I thought of “[name]Laya[/name]” but that’s [name]Star[/name] Wars so I don’t know what to do! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :slight_smile:

[name]Leah[/name]
[name]Leila[/name]
[name]Lettie[/name]

[name]How[/name] about just [name]Lee[/name] or [name]Leigh[/name]? Or [name]Toni[/name]?

[name]Leigh[/name] is just fine.
[name]Laya[/name] is nice too.
[name]Toni[/name]

[name]Leighton[/name] really don’t need a nickname imo.

I don’t think it needs a nickname whatsoever. It is so short and personable that it will be fine in everyday life.

I prefer it in full, and use endearments instead. Some combination of it with her mn might also work.

I think [name]Leighton[/name] on its own is just fine, but I do like the suggestions of [name]Leah[/name], [name]Lettie[/name], or even just [name]Leigh[/name]/[name]Lee[/name]… those were my first thoughts (minus [name]Lettie[/name]!) as well.

If you use an “E” MN, you could probably give her the nn [name]Ellie[/name], as well.

I like the idea of [name]Lettie[/name] as a NN for [name]Leighton[/name] if you are set on using one, but I really don’t think it needs a NN.

the only [name]Leighton[/name] I have known was a boy and he never had a nickname

My other kids would turn it into [name]Lay[/name]-lay as a nn, I guarantee it! I agree with many before me though, it doesn’t even really need a nickname. It’s short and sweet.

I think I would do [name]Layla[/name]

I agree with the above.