Need some help with my little girl's name!

Good [name_f]Morning[/name_f]! My hubby and I have almost deicided on a name. We liked Leighty, but thought it was too short for our liking, so we altered it to Leityanne. While ive gotten lots of “it’s charming” and “I love it” ive also received some not so nice feedback as well, i appreciate them all. I am torn! If we go with Leityanne, i am completely STUMPED on a middle name. Help! and feedback would be fabulous! and just a little extra info-we like off the beaten path names. Our first daughter is Pepperlyn, and it fits her perfectly.

Thank you for reading and sharing your ideas with me!!

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you prefer a short middle, or a longer one? Also, Leityanne is unusual, but it has a very pretty sound, and is almost familiar, somehow. I like it, and since you do too, I would keep it!

Short middle suggestions (a bit of everything in terms of styles, word names, traditional, etc.):
Leityanne [name_f]Iris[/name_f]
Leityanne [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
Leityanne [name_f]Cara[/name_f]
Leityanne [name_f]Cora[/name_f]
Leityanne [name_f]Tori[/name_f]
Leityanne [name_u]Wren[/name_u]
Leityanne [name_f]Lark[/name_f]
Leityanne [name_f]Star[/name_f]
Leityanne [name_u]Rain[/name_u]
Leityanne [name_f]Esme[/name_f]
Leityanne [name_f]Brynn[/name_f]
Leityanne [name_u]Scout[/name_u]
Leityanne [name_u]Darcy[/name_u]
Leityanne [name_f]Lili[/name_f]
Leityanne [name_f]Glory[/name_f]
Leityanne [name_f]Senna[/name_f]
Leityanne [name_f]Krista[/name_f]
Leityanne [name_f]Anja[/name_f]
Leityanne [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
Leityanne [name_u]Jo[/name_u]
Leityanne [name_f]Swan[/name_f]

Longer middles:
Leityanne [name_u]Vesper[/name_u]
Leityanne [name_f]Laurel[/name_f]
Leityanne [name_f]Arabesque[/name_f]
Leityanne [name_f]Gemina[/name_f]
Leityanne [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]
Leityanne [name_f]Hosanna[/name_f]
Leityanne Everdene
Leityanne Reanaette

Hopefully something here helps you to think of your perfect name!

ah! Thank you so much for your ideas :slight_smile: I have a Pepperlyn [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], so i’m not opposed to a longer middle name, but short ones seem to be hitting more bells lately, so i appreciate the list! I liked Leityanne [name_f]Grace[/name_f], but my hubby is not a huge fan of [name_f]Grace[/name_f]…so here i am with all you other mommas! :slight_smile:

[name_m]How[/name_m] is Leityanne pronounced?
(Pepperlyn is sweet btw)

Leityanne [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
Leityanne [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
Leityanne [name_f]Marcella[/name_f]
Leityanne [name_f]Faith[/name_f]
Leityanne [name_f]Carys[/name_f]
Leityanne [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]

Thank you Greyblue :slight_smile: We are prouncing it more of “lady” vs “lighty” or “leety” kind of sound. [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is gorgeous with it, my [name_f]MIL[/name_f]'s name was [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f], and once she marriend she became a [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_m]Brent[/name_m], I love all those names as a possible middle name.

I’m also not apposed to spelling variations for her name :slight_smile:

Have you considered [name_u]Leighton[/name_u]?

Thank you for the recommendation of leighton, I like it, but I felt like it could go for either sex, which turned me more into altering it for a more feminine sound.

What about [name_f]Lydia[/name_f]? Or [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]? Or [name_f]Lily[/name_f]-[name_f]Anne[/name_f]?

those are pretty, but I’d like something a little more off the beaten path. Thank you! :slight_smile:

I think this is off the beaten path, and not in a good way. I think it’s lost in the woods. It’s a made up name so people aren’t going to pronounce it or spell it correctly. There are plenty of underused/uncommon names out there that are “off the beaten path.”

While I definitely see your point, I would also point out that spunky, made up names seem to be the OP’s style. They like very, very uncommon names, and have politely asserted that they are not interested in a safe, traditional, Nameberry acceptable choice, like [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] or [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]. Yes, we should point out that choosing Leityanne will almost certainly come with spelling and pronunciation issues. But I personally think that Leityanne is fine, especially with sister Pepperlyn. Is it to my taste? No. But I think it could be perfectly acceptable, especially with all the other kreativ names out in the world. A mature, professional nickname like [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] or [name_f]Anne[/name_f] helps make the name wearable, I think.

I am not trying to be disrespectful in any way, shape, or form. I know that @autumnreverie was not being rude to the OP. I just wanted to point out that we do not always have to try to turn people away from names they like, in order to help them find a name we find respectable. I do not claim to be innocent of doing this! [name_m]Just[/name_m] trying to make sure we are being mindful and somewhat accepting of diverse naming tastes.

Thanks!

Thank you both, I appreciate the feedback and also understand that it’s not exactly everyone’s taste. Thank you [name_u]Dream[/name_u].create for the open minded response. I do kinda wish the spelling of Leityanne was a little more stable on the pronounceation side like Pepperlyn is, it’s spelled the way it sounds and it’s hard to botch. but then again, you’d be surprised how easy of a name can be mispronounced :slight_smile:

I think the spelling of Laityanne or Laitianne would get more of the [name_m]Lay[/name_m]-tee-anne pronunciation you are going for. My first thought from your spelling would of been [name_u]Lee[/name_u]-tee-anne.

Pepperlyn [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and:

Leityanne [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
Leityanne [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
Leityanne [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]/[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
Leityanne [name_f]Lily[/name_f]/[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
Leityanne [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]/[name_f]Sophia[/name_f]
Leityanne [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
Leityanne [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
Leityanne [name_f]Abigail[/name_f]
Leityanne [name_f]Emma[/name_f]/[name_f]Gemma[/name_f]
Leityanne [name_f]Madeline[/name_f]/[name_f]Madelyn[/name_f]
Leityanne [name_f]Julia[/name_f]/[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
Leityanne [name_f]Joy[/name_f]
Leityanne [name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
Leityanne [name_f]Poppy[/name_f]
Leityanne [name_f]Cora[/name_f]
Leityanne [name_f]Nora[/name_f]
Leityanne [name_f]Keira[/name_f]
Leityanne [name_f]Jade[/name_f]/[name_f]Jane[/name_f]
Leityanne [name_f]Claire[/name_f]/[name_f]Clara[/name_f]

My favorites would be Leityanne [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], Leityanne [name_f]Poppy[/name_f], Leityanne [name_f]Lily[/name_f], Leityanne [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and Leityanne [name_f]Joy[/name_f]!

Oooh i really like the Leityanne [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and Leityanne [name_f]Claire[/name_f]! Thank you for the spelling suggestions as well!