Need some help!

Ok, we’re in a HUGE battle over names right now. I offered up a suggestion when we first found out we’re expecting again and DH wasn’t crazy about it. I’ve since moved on to different names I love and he’s now DEAD [name]SET[/name] on the original name. It’s like no other name compares now. So, what would you do here? I’m trying to psych myself up and love the name but not being able to find a middle name I love with it isn’t helping.

Now, all that being said - what are your thoughts on these two names:

[name]Avonlea
Avaeh/name

And any middle name suggestions to go with these?

ETA: Our last name is [name]Fleming[/name]. Our other kids are [name]Andrew ‘Kaleb’[/name](goes by MN) & [name]Adeline Blayne[/name].

[name]Bueller[/name]? :lol: Anyone have any input here? (Can you tell I’m an impatient pregnant woman that needs a name…not now but RIGHT.NOW.?) :oops:

I really like Avonlea. Avonlea [name]Mireille[/name] [name]Fleming[/name] immediately popped into my head for some strange reason.

So first off, here are my thoughts on your two names:

Avonlea: I’m assuming you’re pronouncing this ah-von-[name]LEE[/name], as in Avonlea from [name]Anne[/name] of [name]Green[/name] Gables/ Road to Avonlea. BUT not everyone will get that. So this name will get lots of pronunciation issues- from ah-[name]VON[/name]-lee or ah-von-[name]LEE[/name]-ah to AY-von-lee-ah, etc. The name is gorgeous though and it has a wonderful literary reference, but just be prepared for that, especially with sibling names that are more conventional. I would pair it with a simple middle name. Avonlea [name]Pearl[/name], Avonlea [name]Claire[/name], Avonlea [name]Mae[/name], Avonlea [name]Kate[/name], Avonlea [name]Rose[/name], etc.

Avaeh: this name doesn’t seem as elegant or classic as your other childrens names. It actually sounds like Navaeh without the N, which to me is the epitome of trendiness. I’m sorry if that sounds harsh, but doesn’t seem to have any history or background and it lacks the fun but romantic edge of [name]Adeline[/name] and Avonlea and the classicness of [name]Andrew[/name]/[name]Kaleb[/name].

I would go with Avonlea. I would suggest [name]Avalon[/name], but I’m not sure if it’s too close to [name]Adeline[/name] (it also depends on how you’re pronouncing [name]Adeline[/name]- lyn vs. leen vs. line). [name]Hope[/name] that helps! Good luck :slight_smile:

Thanks for the input! Avonlea it will be! But, I need more ideas for classic, simple but beautiful middle names. DH isn’t crazy about [name]Rose[/name] or any of the above mentioned ideas.

Anyone?