Need Some Help

I am writing a story and the main character is a man named [name_u]Riley[/name_u]… I think. Might need to reconsider that one…
Anyway, I was thinking that his counterpart would be a young lady named Saorise. I liked Saorise when it was pronounced ‘say-o-reese.’ But because it’s pronounced like sur-sha, I am unsure of a name. Let me describe her.
She’s very sweet and a bit spunky. She has brown hair and wears a floppy tan sun hat with a pink ribbon when we first meet her. She is not very thin, but she is NOT fat either. She is just… healthy looking. Her eyes are icy blue and her skin tans well in the summer. She is very close to her friends and sisters. She takes no crap from anyone, lol. She loves traveling to [name_u]Maine[/name_u] and sitting in her godfather’s hammock by the beach with a good book. She loves bicycling, shopping, teaching and a good cup of hot chocolate. In fact, hot chocolate mixed with her love for travel caused her to go around Europe trying every cup of chocolate she could. She is very driven and determined. Her weaknesses are cream puffs and a good movie.
The guy- [name_u]Riley[/name_u], is probably not going to be named [name_u]Riley[/name_u] for long. He’s kind of chill and cannot resist a bet, which is how he meets Saorise/not named female character. He almost went to the Olympics for swimming, yet lost the opportunity somehow… anyway, he’s very sweet and has funny remarks that make you laugh for hours. I love those kinds of characters. He’s got a group of great friends and I’m not really done with his personality file yet.
Anyway, I’d love an Irishy kind of name (like Aofie, but NOT Aofie). I want something similar to [name_u]Riley[/name_u] also. I’d like any input or ideas from anyone. Thank you for anything and everything! God bless.

Hey!

I LOVE the name [name_f]Saoirse[/name_f] (even with the “right” pronunciation :smile:) However, when you said Irishy, I immediately remembered the name [name_f]Aisling[/name_f] (prononced [ASH-lyn]) which is one of my favourites (I just seem to love irish names lol).
I also happened to think of
[name_f]Caitlin[/name_f]
[name_f]Aileen[/name_f]/Eileen
Sinéad
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] (which can go with girl or a boy)

Good luck with your story!

1 Like

Maybe…

Girls - [name_f]Saskia[/name_f] or [name_f]Bronwen[/name_f]
Boys - [name_m]Declan[/name_m] or [name_m]Silas[/name_m]

1 Like