Need Some Honest Feedback

So my father’s name is [name]Edwin[/name] [name]Hall[/name] [name]Ferguson[/name], [name]Jr[/name]. and my wife and I are considering naming our baby (if it’s a boy) [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Hall[/name] [name]Ferguson[/name]. We would call him “[name]Hall[/name] [name]Ferguson[/name]” and so I wanted to get some feedback on this name.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

R.E. [name]Ferguson[/name]

It is a really distinguished sounding name, but I think [name]Hall[/name] [name]Ferguson[/name] sounds a little like a law firm. Maybe he could go by [name]Art[/name]? [name]Art[/name] [name]Ferguson[/name] sounds a little more wearable; but that’s just one opinion. Best of luck!

I really like [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Hall[/name] [name]Ferguson[/name]. I have trouble picturing a little boy named “[name]Hall[/name]”, but it’s only because it’s so unusual! Overall, it’s a very handsome and distinguished name.

You would call him [name]Hall[/name] [name]Ferguson[/name]?
As in “[name]Hall[/name] [name]Ferguson[/name] don’t touch the stove!”
That seems very…long, and formal, and a mouthful.

Or you would use [name]Hall[/name] as a first name?
That could work. It’s a little stuffy but it’s nice.

I agree with pp that [name]Arthur[/name]/[name]Art[/name]/[name]Arty[/name] might be more approachable.

I love [name]Hall[/name] as a middle names but I’m not a fan of a common noun being used as a first name. Otherwise the name has a great sound to it!

I love it! I think it’s prestigious but not over the top.
It seems like a success headed name for sure.

I’m biased with my fondness for [name]Hall[/name] since I’ve always liked the idea of [name]Hale[/name] in the middle of a girl.

I like the nn [name]Hal[/name] better personally and i really love your name choice, but if you guys love the thought of a little boy named [name]Hall[/name] then i say go for it!

I personally do not like [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Hall[/name] [name]Ferguson[/name]. It sounds like a snobby old man.

I kind of like it…wouldn’t pick it for my own family, but would likely admire it on someone else.