Need some reviews please?

A few combos I’m completely in love with for their own merits, would you tell me what you think of them? These are really atypical of me, I’m a little in awe of them all.

Thanks!

Here they are:

[name]Maud[/name] [name]India[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Mina[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Raphaela[/name]
[name]Ottilie[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Mehitabel[/name]

[name]Rufus[/name] [name]Wilder[/name] [name]John[/name]
[name]Remy[/name] [name]Edward[/name] [name]Xavier[/name]
[name]Ronan[/name] [name]Alaric[/name] [name]Bede[/name]

Ohhhhhh I like these!! I love all your boys. Of the first names, I think I like [name]Rufus[/name] best, but I think both the [name]Rufus[/name] and the [name]Remy[/name] combinations are gorgeous.
For the girls, I like [name]Mina[/name] the least. It’s a very sweet name, but I prefer something with a bit more substance. I love the middle names you chose for it though. I love [name]Ottilie[/name] the most. I think my favourite combination would be [name]Ottilie[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Raphaela[/name] or [name]Ottilie[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Raphaela[/name]. They are all beautiful

[name]Maud[/name] [name]India[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]-- love it. [name]LOVE[/name] IT. [name]India[/name] has been one of my favorites forever, and [name]Scarlett[/name] is so pretty. (You know they’re both Gone With the Wind names, right??) And [name]Maud[/name] is just itching for a revival.

[name]Mina[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Raphaela[/name]-- as a combo, I think it’s lovely, particularly the lush and attention-getting [name]Raphaela[/name]. I wouldn’t be terribly excited by [name]Mina[/name] on its own; feels nick-namey.

[name]Ottilie[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Mehitabel[/name]-- [name]Mehitabel[/name], wow. The scary thing is, it works; feels exotic and old-fashioned at the same time. [name]Tillie[/name] as a nn is precious.

[name]Rufus[/name] [name]Wilder[/name] [name]John[/name]-- outstanding. What a great combo. I like the contrast of the super-exciting [name]Wilder[/name] right next to sturdy [name]John[/name]. And [name]Rufus[/name]… how can you not love [name]Rufus[/name]?

[name]Remy[/name] [name]Edward[/name] [name]Xavier[/name]-- Be still my heart. Each one of these individually is a favorite of mine, so throw them all together and I could just swoon. This is your new means of getting to [name]Rex[/name], isn’t it? :wink: (Incidentally, would you pronounce it [name]Ramey[/name] or [name]Remmy[/name]?)

[name]Ronan[/name] [name]Alaric[/name] [name]Bede[/name]-- very [name]Saxon[/name]. Individually I like them, but together, I don’t know, there’s not enough variety. It needs to be shaken up a bit.

[name]Maud[/name] [name]India[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Mina[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Raphaela[/name]
[name]Ottilie[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Mehitabel[/name]

[name]Rufus[/name] [name]Wilder[/name] [name]John[/name]
[name]Remy[/name] [name]Edward[/name] [name]Xavier[/name]
[name]Ronan[/name] [name]Alaric[/name] [name]Bede[/name]

[name]Hi[/name],

I’m a new poster (who was thankfully able to change my username from “[name]Cora[/name]” to my real name, [name]Jill[/name]), but I’ve been reading your posts for awhile. Being a fan of classic names (and having a total aversion to trendy names), I adore (seriously adore!) the names of your children, [name]Simon[/name], [name]Leo[/name], and [name]Josephine[/name].

In my wee little (and humble) opinion, however, the bulk of the names you’ve been considering for your next baby seem not to fit in with your other children’s names; they just seem too far out there, while [name]Simon[/name], [name]Leo[/name], and [name]Josephine[/name] are classic without crossing that line into, “Huh? She named him/her what?” territory.

I think the names you’ve been mulling over ([name]Barnaby[/name], [name]Rufus[/name], etc.) would be great in middle name positions, but stick out too much as first names. For me, classic names that are too far out there are just as bad as names that are too trendy, as they don’t mix with classic names that are neither too far in or nor too far out. Granted, this is just my opinion, but I thought I’d share it with you.

[name]Leo[/name], [name]Simon[/name], and [name]Josephine[/name] fit with names you’ve already suggested such as [name]Alice[/name], [name]Maud[/name], [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Edward[/name], [name]John[/name], and even [name]Ronan[/name], while names such as [name]Rufus[/name], [name]Remy[/name], [name]Ottilie[/name], [name]Mina[/name], etc., stand apart from the rest in a striking way. Many of them are great names, but in my opinion, break away from the lovely classic (and not too out there or exotic) theme your three children’s names possess.

[name]Rufus[/name] [name]Wilder[/name] [name]John[/name]- I love the [name]Wilder[/name] and [name]John[/name] parts of the name, but am not a fan of [name]Rufus[/name]. Having worked with children, I can all too easily see little [name]Rufus[/name] being called “Doofas” instead. Plus, [name]Leo[/name], [name]Simon[/name], [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Rufus[/name] just don’t blend well for me. [name]Rufus[/name] stands alone.

[name]Remy[/name] [name]Edward[/name] [name]Xavier[/name]-I love [name]Edward[/name] (my favorite Boy’s name), and I think [name]Xavier[/name] is a great name, too. I especially like seeing the “X” after a vowel name. [name]Remy[/name] is too feminine for me, and doesn’t fit with [name]Leo[/name] and [name]Simon[/name] (my opinion only!).

[name]Ronan[/name] [name]Alaric[/name] [name]Bede[/name]- This combination works for me, and I think [name]Ronan[/name] blends well enough with [name]Simon[/name] and [name]Leo[/name]. [name]Alaric[/name] is great in the middle name spot, and [name]Bede[/name] flows nicely, too.

[name]Maud[/name] [name]India[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]- I love the name [name]Maud[/name] (put prefer the [name]Maude[/name] spelling), and flows so, so nicely with [name]Leo[/name], [name]Simon[/name], and [name]Josephine[/name]. I think it’s great! [name]India[/name], I’m not a fan of, and it seems out of place next to [name]Maud[/name]. I like [name]Scarlett[/name] at the end, too, but am distracted by the unexpected “[name]India[/name].”

[name]Mina[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Raphaela[/name]-I think [name]Mina[/name] is a beautiful name, but it seems out of place with your other children’s names, especially [name]Josephine[/name]. [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Mina[/name] are too different for me (one is prim, proper, and classic, while the other, [name]Mina[/name], is exotic and glamorous), but both beautiful alone. [name]Lucy[/name] is fantastic, as is [name]Raphaela[/name]. This name (apart from [name]Lucy[/name]) is has an exotic feel, but it stands apart from the classic theme you’ve already established with your other children’s names.

[name]Ottilie[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Mehitabel[/name]- [name]Ottilie[/name] doesn’t fit with the theme you’ve established, and while very cute, is too nick-namey for me. I like [name]Ottoline[/name] better, but as a middle name option. [name]Alice[/name] fits so nicely with your other children’s names, but seems out of place here, in the middle of an exotic name sandwich. [name]Mehitabel[/name] I don’t care for, and I only see the word “hit.”

Of the cominations you listed, [name]Ronan[/name] [name]Alaric[/name] [name]Bede[/name] is my pick for the boy name, and [name]Maud[/name] [name]India[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] is my choice for the girl’s name.

Using these names for other combinations:
[name]Maud[/name] [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Maud[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Maud[/name] [name]Theodora[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Maud[/name] [name]Ione[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]

[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Ottilie[/name] [name]Alice[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Maud[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Valentina[/name] (I think you mentioned this once) [name]Maud[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Ottilie[/name] [name]Valentine[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Raphaela[/name] [name]Maude[/name]

[name]Alice[/name] [name]Ottoline[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Ottilie[/name] [name]Valentine[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Ottilie[/name] [name]Winifred[/name]

[name]Winifred[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Maud[/name] (I think you like [name]Winifred[/name])
[name]Winifred[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Maud[/name]
[name]Winifred[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Maud[/name]

[name]Edward[/name] [name]Xavier[/name] [name]John[/name]
[name]Edward[/name] [name]Alaric[/name] [name]Bede[/name]
[name]Edward[/name] [name]Ronan[/name] [name]Wilder[/name]
[name]Edward[/name] [name]Xavier[/name] [name]Cosmo[/name] (one of your names)

[name]Alaric[/name] [name]Edward[/name] [name]John[/name] (For me, [name]Alaric[/name] works with [name]Simon[/name] and [name]Leo[/name])
[name]Alaric[/name] [name]Wilder[/name] [name]John[/name]
[name]Alaric[/name] [name]Xavier[/name] [name]John[/name] (I’m pronouncing [name]Xavier[/name] as zay-vee-yer)
[name]Alaric[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] [name]John[/name] (I think you mentioned [name]Valentine[/name] once)
[name]Alaric[/name] [name]Xavier[/name] [name]Bede[/name]
[name]Alaric[/name] [name]Xavier[/name] [name]Cosmo[/name]

[name]Xavier[/name] [name]Alaric[/name] [name]John[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name] [name]Cosmo[/name] [name]Bede[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name] [name]Alaric[/name] [name]Bede[/name] (I’m loving the [name]Alaric[/name]-[name]Bede[/name] flow)
[name]Xavier[/name] [name]Cosmo[/name] [name]Valentine[/name]

For some reason, I want to put a [name]Theodore[/name] or a [name]Theodora[/name] with your children’s names, as well as a [name]Gideon[/name]!

I think you have wonderful taste, and I would hate to see you lose the classic (but not too out there!) theme in which you’ve invested your children’s names. Best wishes, [name]Lola[/name]!

I’m still a huge fan of [name]Maud[/name] [name]India[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Rufus[/name] [name]Wilder[/name] [name]John[/name]. There is something so wonderfully masculine (in the best way possible) about [name]Rufus[/name]’ combo. I love it!

And [name]Maud[/name] [name]India[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] is so lush and womanly. She’s a really deep purply, red to me with golden undertones - if that makes sense. :slight_smile: I love her!!

Thanks all! My goodness, [name]Jill[/name]; you put a lot of work into that answer and I thank you for it. But when we finally do have one, it’s more his to name than mine, this time. And these are definitely more “Him” than “me”, if that makes any sense. When I named our boys, he wasn’t around, with our daughter, he was. But as a girl, he didn’t mind me taking preferences. Well, and I played the “I just pushed this kid out and I’m naming her X!” card mostly, He chimed in with the middles. With this one, I’m trying to work more closely with him, and we’re not concerened if this one stands out a bit or not. It’s our last. [name]Ever[/name]. So we want the name to be perfect to our ears and not worrying about “matching” or anything else. Classic they may look but [name]Leo[/name] & [name]Simon[/name] will be 23 this year, they’ve got old man name, for sure. [name]Josephine[/name] fits with them but is only 4, so I’m more concerned with this one fitting with her than the boys, even if it’s a boy. And his style is a bit more outr” than mine. So, I’m trying to rein him in, for what it’s worth. :slight_smile:

mcope24, yes, I know [name]India[/name] & [name]Scarlett[/name] are GWTW names. Thanks to some certain friends, I am constantly exposed to GWTW and it’s characters. :slight_smile: I don’t mind the reference and it would make a nice literary “theme” with [name]Josephine[/name]. My boys are “Popes” and my girls are “Historical” or “Literary”. Thanks, [name]Ottilie[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Mehitabel[/name] completely replaces [name]Ottoline[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Marigold[/name] for me. I [name]LOVE[/name] it!
[name]Mina[/name] is nicknamey in the States. But it means ‘fish’ in Sanskrit and is a full name there. So it doesn’t bother me any.
I know, I can’t dislike [name]Rufus[/name] and I think he’s pretty charming with [name]Leo[/name] & [name]Simon[/name] in particular. [name]Remy[/name] would likely be REH-mee, since I’m a Yank. reh-MEE is the French. And yes, he’s my alternate way to get [name]Rex[/name] as a nickname. I adore [name]Rex[/name] but he won’t let me pt [name]Rex[/name] up front anywhere. Which is why he’s in third place in two combos and as initials nickname in this one. I thoroughly like [name]Rex[/name].

Funny you say not enough variety. I thought the same thing, but say it aloud, he’s got great flow and sounds pretty current despite his age. I like that he’s medieval through & through. I’m a huge medievalist and could probably go back to 1430 and live comfortably and happily.

babies11, thank you. I like them fine but since they’re a bit out of my comfort range (I admire these but cannot believe I’m considering them for a child of mine… it feels a bit, odd), they’re more his style, finally coming out. I think they work well despite that, just a reflection of Papa instead of Mama, for a change. I think matchings for the birds, anyhow, you should see my mismatched fiestaware table! :smiley:

edited for spelling mistakes!

[name]Maud[/name] [name]India[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] I think of spices and veils and antique jewelry boxes
[name]Mina[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Raphaela[/name] I think of a little baby flying around with angels
[name]Ottilie[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Mehitabel[/name] I think of a little baby riding on a circus elephant in an old time French circus. From 100 years ago.

[name]Rufus[/name] [name]Wilder[/name] [name]John[/name] definitely on a pony with play guns in a belt around his hips
[name]Remy[/name] [name]Edward[/name] [name]Xavier[/name] you know this one is extra amazing because it sounds French and Catholic at the same time. It sounds rustic Catholic which I love even more than fancy Catholic.
[name]Ronan[/name] [name]Alaric[/name] [name]Bede[/name] this one sounds like a Catholic priest from a long time ago-I love those Catholic-sounding names. Isn’t Rosary an interesting name for a girl? I made several Catholic-sounding lists. Look up [name]Fatima[/name] (Holy Family Names), [name]Diego[/name] ([name]California[/name] Mission Names and also [name]Taos[/name] Names), and [name]Faith[/name] ([name]Santa[/name] [name]Fe[/name] Names) to find them.

My favorites for the day are: [name]Maud[/name] [name]India[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]-not just for the day, I really love it! And I love [name]Remy[/name] [name]Edward[/name] [name]Xavier[/name]. But what happened to [name]George[/name]? I miss him. Maybe you could have three middles! jk.

[name]Lola[/name], I’ve been stalking these name boards for a while now and just have to tell you I adore the name combinations you pick out. These last six were probably some of my favorites so far!
[name]Maud[/name] [name]India[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] - This set sounds great, and I can totally see [name]Maud[/name] and [name]Josie[/name] playing together :slight_smile:
[name]Mina[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Raphaela[/name] - My aunt’s name is [name]Mina[/name], so this is a little hard for me to imagine…
[name]Ottilie[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Mehitabel[/name] - Definitely my favorite of the bunch! [name]Ottilie[/name] is also on my top 5 list and I love her. Especially with the vowel name in the middle.

[name]Rufus[/name] [name]Wilder[/name] [name]John[/name] - To be honest [name]Rufus[/name] is good, but I think you can do better… However, I’m crazy about [name]Wilder[/name].
[name]Remy[/name] [name]Edward[/name] [name]Xavier[/name] - This is my second choice out of the three, but I’m not quite sure if [name]Remy[/name] fits w/ [name]Josie[/name] for me…
[name]Ronan[/name] [name]Alaric[/name] [name]Bede[/name] - This combo is my top pick out of the three! [name]Ronan[/name] seems adventurous in a very good way.
By the way, what happened to [name]Cosmo[/name]?? :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Lola[/name],

I didn’t realize you didn’t care about sticking with a theme, which is great news (and sounds like a lot of fun for you and your husband)! In this case, I’m sticking with the [name]Ronan[/name] [name]Alaric[/name] [name]Bede[/name] combination as my favorite boy’s name, and while I still [name]LOVE[/name] the [name]Maud[/name] option (seriously love it!), I’m rooting for Ottalie, too, as it really is adorable and unique. (Would “[name]Tillie[/name]” be a nickname?)

You had [name]George[/name] as an option earlier? That would be wonderful, too!

[name]Lola[/name], I can’t resist. I want to make up some more funny names for your baby:

Boys:
if he grows up to be a wrestler: [name]Rollo[/name] [name]Gustav[/name] [name]Umberto[/name]
if he grows up to be a gambler: [name]Dice[/name] [name]Green[/name] [name]Victorio[/name]
if he grows up to be a hair stylist: [name]Blake[/name] [name]Sergio[/name] Twist
which is your favorite??? I love them all!

Girls:
if she grows up to be a pastry chef: [name]Etoile[/name] [name]Claire[/name] Napoleona
if she grows up to be an undertaker: [name]Blanche[/name] [name]Night[/name] [name]Dolores[/name]
if she grows up to be a skydiver: [name]Jane[/name] [name]Frieda[/name] [name]Falala[/name] ([name]Falala[/name] is actually a name!)
What do you think of these? My favorite is [name]Blanche[/name] [name]Night[/name] [name]Dolores[/name].

[name]Rollo[/name] [name]Gustav[/name] [name]Umberto[/name] & [name]Jane[/name] [name]Frieda[/name] [name]Falala[/name] are the two I find appealing. [name]Rollo[/name] & [name]Jane[/name] are mainstream sounding enough and the middles are pure fun!
[name]Blanche[/name] [name]Night[/name] [name]Dolores[/name] is lovely too, But I prefer [name]Bianca[/name] and would rather [name]Dolores[/name] up front: [name]Dolores[/name] [name]Night[/name] [name]Bianca[/name] or [name]Dolores[/name] [name]Bianca[/name] [name]Night[/name].

Missed this earlier!

Sorry [name]Susan[/name], [name]Cosmo[/name]'s still around as [name]Cosmo[/name] [name]Willem[/name] [name]George[/name]. There’s [name]George[/name]. I just can’t find a comfortable palce for him in first or second place, so in third he goes. My Pop wouldn’t mind. :slight_smile: [name]Cosmo[/name]‘s in official third place behing [name]Rufus[/name] & [name]Barnaby[/name] right now.
I waffle between [name]Remus[/name] [name]Edward[/name] [name]Xavier[/name], nn [name]Remy[/name] (or [name]Rex[/name]) and [name]Remy[/name] [name]Edward[/name] [name]Xavier[/name], nn [name]Rex[/name], occasionally. I think it’s coming down to [name]Remy[/name] alone but I’m mourning [name]Remus[/name]’ loss a bit. Funny the “sound Catholic” thing. I was raised [name]Roman[/name] Catholic but have been Wiccan for 25 years. I still like that “Catholic” sound to a name, apparently. I only recently realised my boys are both Pope names, really. [name]Simon[/name]-[name]Peter[/name] was the first, and there were 13 [name]Leos[/name]! I wanted [name]Urban[/name], to keep the theme, but he got knocked out early.

[name]Marcie[/name], thanks! [name]Ottilie[/name]'s my #2 name right now. With [name]Rufus[/name], it’s tough to be objective because I think he’s so spiffy. I really like him and can easily picture a little [name]Rufus[/name]. He’s loose & funky like [name]Leo[/name] but is also a two syllable sweetie like [name]Simon[/name]. I like that he doesn’t end in N or O, like the boys and yeah, I’d probably call him Roo when he’s really little. [name]Cosmo[/name]'s still in third place. he honors greatly so I don’t want to ditch him anytime soon.

Thanks [name]Jill[/name]! (I like your name! one of my first best friends was a [name]Jill[/name] and I’ve never forgottten her, even though she moved when I was in the first grade).
I realyl like the [name]Ronan[/name] combo and he sounds great with the other kids but [name]Ronan[/name]'s combo is the only one that has no honoring at all in it, unless I really stretch to make connections. So he’s going on my wildcard list! Yeah, [name]George[/name] for my Pop and his “thing” for [name]St[/name]. [name]George[/name]. Especially since he was given two names he hated all his life. (one trendy, one girly)
Yes, [name]Ottilie[/name] would be Tilley/[name]Tillie[/name], my other half can trace his line baclk to the Mayflower and [name]Edward[/name] Tilley (I think it was [name]Edward[/name], anyway) through his mom, so I would really like to slip [name]Tillie[/name]/Tilley in there somewhere. I tried Tillo for the boys but he got knocked out early too.

[name]Lola[/name], I didn’t mean that [name]India[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] was theme-y; it really just struck me as coincidental. Most casual GWTW watchers wouldn’t make the connection and even if they did, who cares? The names are gorgeous. I’m voting [name]Maud[/name] all the way! :slight_smile:

~[name]Melissa[/name]

You took my silly name and made it beautiful. I love [name]Dolores[/name] [name]Bianca[/name] [name]Night[/name]. Her nickname could be [name]Lola[/name]-I think it’s short for [name]Dolores[/name].

Thanks [name]Melissa[/name] ( I have to remember your name! ) :slight_smile: that’s sort of why they’e in the middle. And I’m really weird, when I hear [name]Scarlett[/name], I don’t first think GWTW or even Johannson… I think [name]Scarlet[/name] [name]Page[/name], even with the ‘t’ difference. Very talented photographer, she is. I’m rather in awe of both her and her pop. But yeah, thatnks for the vote and rest assured, she’s staying on the list, I’m competely enamoured!

[name]Lola[/name], you’ll be delighted to note that I’ve changed my login name. Because really, isn’t life just simpler this way? :slight_smile:

[name]Melissa[/name],
Hurray! Now I’ll know who you are.

Huzzah, [name]Melissa[/name]! :smiley: