Need suggestions

[name]Hi[/name]! My husband and I are having an extremely difficult time coming up with a name we [name]LOVE[/name] for a second boy if we should have one. We have a son named [name]Tate[/name] [name]Jeffrey[/name]. We chose his first name because of its norse background (my husband’s heritage) and its meaning of “cheerful”, and his middle name hornors my husband’s first name. We absolutely love his name and I have never had a regret about it. But now we’re totally befuddled over what to name our next boy. [name]Just[/name] to give an idea of what I look for in a name (although I’m not strict about this):

Heritage-our backgrounds are Irish, [name]German[/name], Norse/Scandinavian, and Hawaiian. Doesn’t have to have a link to one of these, but would be nice.
Meaning of name-would like to stay away from names that have negative meanings or no meaning at all.
Popularity-I prefer names that are not commonly used but are not far out there either. I also don’t like names that look made up.
Style-Would like a name that goes well with [name]Tate[/name].
Finally, I don’t want necessarily want to give my child a name that will give people trouble spelling or pronouncing it, but this isn’t a dealbreaker issue for me.

Some names that my husband and I both like and would consider are:

[name]Hayes[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Nash[/name]
[name]Cormac[/name]
[name]Reed[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]/[name]Rhett[/name]
[name]Ellery[/name]-Although I think I see this on a girl more (what do you think?)
[name]August[/name]

As a side note, our last name is [name]Johnson[/name] and I’m very cautious about names that could lead to our children being picked on given the connotation our last name can sometimes have (ie-[name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Johnson[/name], [name]Chase[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]). We have a good time stumbling across names that make this happen but want to stay clear of this for names we wish to consider.

What are thoughts on the names above? If you have more name suggestions, we very much welcome them! Thanks for your help.

[name]How[/name] about [name]Kai[/name]? It has Hawaiian and Norse heritage, isn’t too common, and sounds good with [name]Tate[/name] and [name]Johnson[/name]. From your list, I like [name]Reed[/name] best. [name]Hayes[/name] and [name]August[/name] are nice too. I would pass on [name]Ellery[/name]. I have only ever heard it for a girl.

[name]Hayes[/name] - I like this name mostly because it reminds me of [name]Hayes[/name] Carll the country singer who is the only person I’ve ever known with this name.
[name]Milo[/name] - Nice choice; it’s strong yet classy.
[name]Nash[/name] - This name always makes me think of Gnash
[name]Cormac[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this name!
[name]Reed[/name] - Once again, I love this name too.
[name]Everett[/name]/[name]Rhett[/name] - I wish my husband would let me name our future son [name]Rhett[/name]. Classic.
[name]Ellery[/name]-Although I think I see this on a girl more (what do you think?) - I don’t think I’d name my son this. Also, I don’t think it goes with [name]Tate[/name] very well.
[name]August[/name] - This name seems like a lot compared to [name]Tate[/name].

Few Suggestions:
[name]Ned[/name], [name]Bram[/name], [name]Ellis[/name] (kind of like [name]Ellery[/name]), [name]Anton[/name], [name]Cabot[/name], [name]York[/name]

[name]Everett[/name], nickname [name]Rhett[/name] is definitely my favorite from your list (I would use [name]Everett[/name] in a second, but my husband said no XP). I also like [name]Cormac[/name], [name]Reed[/name] and [name]August[/name]. I’m neutral on the rest (they’re not really my style) except for [name]Ellery[/name]. Really don’t care for [name]Ellery[/name] (Not sure why. Too feminine sounding, perhaps?).

My favorite name on your list is [name]Rhett[/name]. [name]Love[/name] it! I do think that [name]Reed[/name] may sound better with [name]Tate[/name] though because they have different endings. I love [name]Reed[/name] too. The only name on your list that isn’t my style is [name]Ellery[/name]. It very well may be masculine but I’ve only heard it on girls. Good luck!

[name]Rhett[/name] and [name]Reed[/name] are nice. I think the suggestion for [name]Kai[/name] is brilliant though as it suits your wishes and would go well with [name]Tate[/name].

My favorites from your list to go with [name]Tate[/name] are [name]Milo[/name] and [name]Rhett[/name] (in fact, I prefer [name]Rhett[/name] over [name]Everett[/name] as a pair with [name]Tate[/name]). Also, love pps suggestion of [name]Kai[/name], which pairs very well with [name]Tate[/name] and has lots of great meanings.

Only other suggestion would be [name]Rhys[/name], which I think goes well with [name]Tate[/name] and [name]Johnson[/name] and has a great meaning.

Despite the masculine literary history of [name]Ellery[/name], in many parts of the world it would probably sound like a girl’s name. Plus, I don’t think it pairs well with [name]Tate[/name].

Thanks for the input everyone. Since I’m not the only one who doesn’t see [name]Ellery[/name] as a masculine name, I’m going to scratch that off the list.

I really like the name [name]Rhett[/name], but I am extremely paranoid about teasing and worry that kids might pick up on the -rette sound in tourette’s syndrome. Is this far-fetched?

Thanks for the suggestion of [name]Rhys[/name]. I do like it but we already have a boy in the family named [name]Reese[/name] and I’m very finnicky about copycatting.

As for [name]Kai[/name], I like that it has a Hawaiian meaning but I’m just not sure if I like the name itself. I have [name]Keoki[/name] on my list for middle names, but now I’m wondering if it would make for a fine first name? [name]Keoki[/name] is the Hawaiian form for [name]George[/name], which was my dad’s name. He passed away a few years ago, so I would like to honor his memory and Hawaiian heritage. One thing that concerns me is spelling/pronunciation issues. Any thoughts on this?