Need to Replace Eloise?

I’m kind of having some trouble. Usually, I make my lists, I tell my boyfriend, then he nods and smiles. All of a sudden, he says the lists need to be a collaboration of both of our favorites. So pretty much, he told me what he wants to keep on the list and what he doesn’t, but made no suggestions. [name]How[/name] great, hm?

Anyway, he likes [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Maeve[/name] from my girls list and only thinks [name]Eloise[/name] is “alright”. I know it doesn’t fit with the other two, but it’s a favorite of mine. It wouldn’t break my heart to lose it if I can find something that I like as much that fits with [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Maeve[/name]. As we’d like to have (at least) three children, so I like to have three options at all times, haha. Can you help me replace [name]Eloise[/name]? Or should I replace it at all? I’m at a loss.

Thanks so much!

• [name]Kylee[/name]&[name]Shannon[/name]

Hmm… Well personally I like [name]Eloise[/name]! There is always [name]Eloisa[/name], [name]Alice[/name], [name]Alysse[/name], [name]Louise[/name], [name]Louisa[/name], [name]Elise[/name], [name]Elle[/name], [name]Ella[/name].[name]Elvia[/name], [name]Heloisa[/name], [name]Elonna[/name], [name]Ilisa[/name], Lluisa, Oleisa and Olisa are just a few that come to mind.

I dislike [name]Eloise[/name], I must admit. The “eez” sound it turns into peeves me. I’m not keen on [name]Louise[/name] either. It also doesn’t really go with your other names.

I like Elowen, [name]Eliora[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Elspeth[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Ella[/name]/[name]Elle[/name], [name]Ilana[/name], [name]Alice[/name], [name]Alicia[/name] (pronounced either alyssa or aleesha), [name]Emily[/name], [name]Evanthe[/name], [name]Alexa[/name], [name]Iliana[/name]…?

I think that is the one thing I struggled with when it comes to this name.

I like the suggestion of [name]Eliora[/name]! It has the same spunky feel of [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Maeve[/name]. You might also like [name]Sadie[/name], [name]Azalea[/name], [name]Clara[/name], & [name]Eleni[/name].

I was thinking [name]Sadie[/name] as well… I love [name]Eloise[/name] though and understand why you’d want to keep it!

In addition to [name]Sadie[/name], how about [name]Gemma[/name], [name]Willa[/name], or [name]Vivian[/name]?

I [name]LOVE[/name] the suggestions of [name]Gemma[/name] and [name]Willa[/name]! I think those fit really well :slight_smile: I’ll run them by my boyfriend.

And just to clarify, anther problem I have with [name]Eloise[/name] is the [name]EL[/name] part. My boyfriend’s last name is heavily Italian and has the “[name]Elle[/name]” syllable in it twice. So, I’m trying to avoid [name]Elle[/name]/[name]Ella[/name] names.

[name]Elodie[/name]…but perhaps too samey? What about [name]Lola[/name]? Has a similar “Lo” sound to [name]Eloise[/name] but much more spunk like [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Maeve[/name]?x

However, I wouldnt remove it from.your list. Your BF may change his mind or you could use it as a middle name. [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] is beautiful, [name]IMO[/name].x

Anyone else out there?

[name]Elaina[/name] :).

[name]Gemma[/name] and [name]Willa[/name] are pretty, I like both.

[name]Maeve[/name] reminds me of [name]Nora[/name], [name]Jane[/name], [name]Clare[/name], and [name]Niamh[/name]… okay I know [name]Niamh[/name] is a big ask, but that sort of sweet little streamlined name that isn’t fussy but is still very femme.

I really like [name]Niamh[/name], but we love the nickname [name]Evie[/name] and I gave my boyfriend [name]Niamh[/name] and [name]Maeve[/name] as options. He loves [name]Maeve[/name]. He thinks people wouldn’t be able to read [name]Niamh[/name]. [name]Neve[/name] just doesn’t… Look right to me, you know? Haha

Yes, for me its [name]Niamh[/name] or nothing, not huge on [name]Neve[/name].

I am probably going to try and save it for a middle name, I love it. As far as people being used to it I guess it’s all a matter of where you live.

I agree with him that it should be a combination of what you both like. But, that arrangement shouldn’t just be him approving or vetoing your choices. The third name (or a 4th contender) should be His suggestion. It should be up to him to find a name that he likes/loves and that you agree with too. :slight_smile: You never know, he could find something that it “perfect” for both of you.

Yeah, I told him that, but he won’t look at my name books or get on here. I think he would rather do it this way. I guess it benefits me though. All the names he hears are names I like, haha. And I love [name]Eloise[/name], but it didn’t break my heart when he said he didn’t like it that much. I’ve been iffy about it for a while. We basically have the same taste and he likes the majority of what I like, just not everything. [name]Eloise[/name] was one out of the whole six that he didn’t like.

[name]How[/name] about [name]Neva[/name]? I’ve been reading about [name]Russia[/name] recently and that name is starting to grow on me. I think it was in the top 500 in the 1940s.

I don’t really… Like [name]Eva[/name] very much and all I see is [name]Eva[/name] with an N. Plus, he’s really dead set on [name]Maeve[/name] now, haha.

My DH is not keen on my faviorate, [name]Eleanor[/name], and he likes [name]Evelyn[/name] better, which is perfectly nice but not my fav. [name]Eleanor[/name] is staying on the list whatever i love it.

Definately keep [name]Eloise[/name] for a backup, dont give it up just yet. :slight_smile:

I would never completely give it up. It honors a few family members and things like that. I’ll just have to stick it in the middle name spot. I’m just trying to find first names that he’ll like :slight_smile: