Need Your Honest Opinion

What do you think of the name [name]Leo[/name]? My uncle’s name was [name]Leo[/name] so I would like to use it but I don’t want to if my child is going to be made fun of. I was thinking [name]Leo[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] or [name]Matthew[/name] [name]Leo[/name].

I like [name]Leo[/name] and I don’t see it being used to make fun of him any more than any other name. My oldest (now 15) was in a [name]Tae[/name] Kwon [name]Do[/name] class with a boy named [name]Leo[/name] for years and I never heard of him being made fun of.

We’re using it as a middle name if this baby is a boy, but I see no reason not to use it as a first. I’d go with [name]Leo[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] rather than [name]Matthew[/name] [name]Leo[/name].

After initially shaking my head at this name, I’m now starting to like [name]Leo[/name] more and more. I don’t think it has any more or less teasing potential than other names (much less than current “it” names [name]Otis[/name] and [name]Milo[/name] for example).

That said I prefer [name]Matthew[/name] [name]Leo[/name], mainly because I love the option of the nickname [name]Matt[/name]. I also think it flows better.

What about the name [name]Matteo[/name]? [name]Love[/name] this name and it sort of combines both.

In L.A., [name]Leo[/name] is a very stylish name. Nobody would make fun of it.

I would have thought it unusual as a child but ever since [name]Leonardo[/name] DiCaprio’s fame I think I’m not the only one who has become accustomed to it. It’s a fine name that I can’t think of anything to tease about at this time. :slight_smile:

I like it

I think [name]Leo[/name] is a good name and not weird or funny.

[name]Hi[/name] there! I seriously love [name]Leo[/name]. I think it’s classy, handsome, and distinguished. I’m going to enthusiastically vote for [name]Leo[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]. I know of a few young [name]Leos[/name], and they’re quite popular and athletic. :slight_smile:

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I love the name [name]Leo[/name], but still think it should be the nickname of a full name. [name]Leopold[/name], [name]Lennox[/name], [name]Leonard[/name], [name]Lennon[/name], [name]Leon[/name] etc.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Leo[/name]! Not strange at all and even somewhat common in certain parts of NYC.

i like!!!

I grew up knowing 2 [name]Leo[/name]'s, so I don’t find anything wierd about this name at all. I was actually confused on why people found it wierd :slight_smile: To me its like [name]John[/name]. I say go for it! [name]Leo[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]Leo[/name] is a personal favourite of mine. And it is definitely a ‘stand alone’ name - it doesn’t need to be a nn for a longer version. I would love to name a son [name]Leo[/name] [name]Matthias[/name]. I love the ‘lion’ meaning and associations.

I love [name]Leo[/name]. I was actually considering it for a boy someday.

I can’t see that that would attract any teasing at all … and it’s such a lovely name.
A great choice!