Need your honest opinions on Place names

Hey Berries!
I always come back here because you guys are the best for name feedback I really appreciate it!

I recently stumbled upon a couple of girl names and need your honest opinions. I live in [name_f]Canada[/name_f] so I’m not too concerned about it being male or female name or place name. Thanks again!

The names for a girl:

Scotlyn

Locklynn

2 Likes

I’m all for place names, but these two are iffy for me. Scotlyn is not my favorite and looks creative to me, but it is usable. [name_m]Locklynn[/name_m]'s spelling just looks made up to me, and I don’t think it would work too well irl.

I’m not a huge fan of either, they sound a little bit too made up.
I prefer the spelling [name_f]Locklyn[/name_f] over [name_m]Locklynn[/name_m] if you were to go for that one.
I actually really like the name [name_f]Scotland[/name_f] for a girl, I think visually and sound wise its a bit stronger than Scotlyn.
I am a sucker for a place name though :joy:

Thank you so much for your feedback! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha I also noticed the name [name_u]Holland[/name_u] to! So these place names have been getting to me although I’ve yet to meet someone IRL with a name like them :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love [name_u]Holland[/name_u]!! Such a nice name!

1 Like

Personally, I do like [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] and [name_f]Scotland[/name_f].

3 Likes

Thank you! Yes that’s what they’re based off of, just think it was changed to make more feminine, mind you I found these name suggestions on Pinterest haha so who knows :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love place names like [name_f]Geneva[/name_f], [name_f]Iona[/name_f], [name_f]Avalon[/name_f].

I don’t like any names that end with -lynn or 'lyn, sorry.

They all sound made up to me.

Scotland I love, but Scotlyn sounds like a contraction of the country and [name_m]Locklynn[/name_m] sounds to me like an air force base.

My fave place names are [name_m]Britain[/name_m] & [name_u]Holland[/name_u]

Yes, I wouldn’t misspell names as I don’t think it makes names any more creative and will be a headache to explain all the time.

I’m also just not a fan of [name_f]Scotland[/name_f] or Lachlan as names. I would check [name_f]Scotland[/name_f]’s top names to see what Scottish names they’re using if you’re trying to invoke that vibe.

Best of luck :sparkling_heart:

I like [name_m]Locklynn[/name_m]! It’s cute, interesting and nice to say

We have very different styles, which ought to be remembered, but here are my thoughts: I would actually really like Scotland for a girl, but Scotlyn looks kind of weak and odd to me. Locklynn, I think, would look better as Locklyn. I really like the Lachlan spelling for a boy, and I think it could make the jump to unisex. Locklynn is sweet, but doesn’t really vibe with me.

I’m sorry, but I’m not a fan of either. They’re a little phonetic for my tastes.

This :point_up:

I like [name_m]Locklynn[/name_m] ok sound wise. Maybe just one n… hmmmm. Scotlyn I’d only consider for a scottie dog. Maybe it’s because [name_u]Scott[/name_u] is a guys name but it just doesn’t appeal to me. [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] sounds better than both these.

I personally don’t like Scotlyn or [name_m]Locklynn[/name_m]. [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] (pronounced the same as [name_m]Locklynn[/name_m]) is very masculine to me, so I think it’s rather odd to spell it differently and deem it feminine. Scotlyn seems a little unnecessary when [name_f]Scotland[/name_f] is right in front of you. I think Scotlyn will be misheard as [name_f]Scotland[/name_f] anyway, so I think [name_f]Scotland[/name_f] would be the better choice of the two. I also would like to say that I agree with the couple previous posters about not misspelling place names; it just seems contradictory.

Some other girl place names:

Holland
[name_u]Brighton[/name_u]
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_u]Sydney[/name_u]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_f]Mali[/name_f]
[name_u]Jordan[/name_u]
[name_u]Dakota[/name_u]
Maryland
[name_f]Carolina[/name_f]
[name_f]Barcelona[/name_f]
[name_f]Virginia[/name_f]
[name_u]Langley[/name_u]
[name_f]Arizona[/name_f]
[name_u]California[/name_u]
[name_f]Alaska[/name_f]
[name_u]Juneau[/name_u]
[name_u]Montana[/name_u]
[name_u]Salem[/name_u]
[name_f]England[/name_f]
[name_f]Ireland[/name_f]
[name_u]Tennessee[/name_u]
[name_u]Indiana[/name_u]
[name_f]India[/name_f]
[name_f]Asia[/name_f]

1 Like

They’re not really place names? [name_f]Scotland[/name_f] and [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] (or even [name_f]Locklyn[/name_f]) are better imo. I actually really like [name_f]Scotland[/name_f] on a girl. Not a fan of [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] on a girl but I love it for a boy.