Need your opinion/suggestions!

[name]Hi[/name] everyone,

My husband and I are expecting our first child this year. We each have a few favorite names for both boys and girls, but from our lists we seem to agree on the names [name]Asher[/name] and [name]Mira[/name]. Although I really like both of these a lot, I’m having doubts and feel like I should keep considering others, just to be sure these are my favorites.

I know how great all of you are at this, so I’d really appreciate your opinions and suggestions! Last name is two syllables and starts with an L (and we don’t really want alliteration so unfortunately L names are out for us).

Also, do you think these two sound like they could be brother and sister?

Other names we’ve considered/are still considering:

[name]Anson[/name]
[name]Jonah[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Cohen[/name]
(Boys middle name will be [name]Ryan[/name]- DH’s name)

[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Paige[/name]
[name]Adele[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] - but can’t use because of L last name :frowning:

Thanks in advance for your help!

I love [name]Asher[/name] and [name]Mira[/name]! And, while I do love a lot of the other names on your list, I don’t really see any reason to go beyond your first loves for your first baby (I also think they go well together as siblings).
[name]Just[/name] wondering: have you considered using the full name [name]Miriam[/name] with [name]Mira[/name] as a nn. Not that you have to - [name]Mira[/name] does stand well on her own, just that I love [name]Miriam[/name] as well, and I think it might give her more options, including other nn’s like [name]Mia[/name] and [name]Mimi[/name]. It also might match better with some of the other names on your list if she has a sister in the future. [name]Miriam[/name] is a timeless classic, as are [name]Charlotte[/name], etc. But [name]Mira[/name] feels a little bit more modern/trendy (though, definitely not too trendy).

i agree…miriam is beautiful! maybe miriam alice?
miriam, asher, charlotte and jonah would be perfect siblings!

I can see why there aren’t many replies here… the first two repliers kinda summed it up. I do love [name]Asher[/name] and [name]Miriam[/name] (I do like [name]Mira[/name] as a nn). You can keep looking throughout the pregnancy (just in case), but in the end you’ll probably come back to the same two names. :smiley:

I love your top names! Although [name]Miriam[/name] is a beautiful name, I actually prefer [name]Mira[/name].
Good luck to you!

[name]Asher[/name] is a great name. You cannot go wrong with it and I think it’s the best one in your list.

However, [name]Mira[/name] sounds a bit incomplete to me. It’s lovely but somehow I think shorter [name]Mia[/name] stands better alone. I also like [name]Mina[/name].

We have [name]Nora[/name] and [name]Lydia[/name] in our name list as well. I think these are the best in you list (of course!) and I prefer [name]Nora[/name] to [name]Mira[/name]. If the baby’s last name starts with an L perhaps it’s better to leave [name]Lydia[/name] out.

P.S. I don’t think alliteration is all that terrible in names-- I married into alliteration (I have a double L name!) and I actually kind of like it.
Besides, there is a chance that a girl with an L- name will marry and change her initials eventually.
[name]Just[/name] a thought!