Needed—Honor name

I could see [name_f]Ana[/name_f] / [name_f]Anna[/name_f] meaning “Grace” as a nod to [name_f]Diana[/name_f]

1 Like

Yes definitely! It is a lovely name, I just usually want to use a little more. But you make a good point!

[name_m]Can[/name_m] I offer the most simple solution? Use the middle name [name_f]Diana[/name_f]? [name_f]Noémi[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f] is beautiful! And her nn could sometimes be [name_f]Emi[/name_f] [name_f]Dee[/name_f] which is adorable. I totally understand you have a naming style but middle names rarely matter as more than topics of conversation in the real world (like, oh why did your parents choose that as a middle name?) And I think an honour name is one you will never regret. I still wish we had used my husband’s grandma’s name even though stylistically and flow wise it made zero sense with my daughter’s name! [name_f]Noémi[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]. Given your story, it kind of makes me teary, it’s so sweet.

5 Likes

[name_f]Noemi[/name_f] [name_f]Dyana[/name_f] or [name_f]Noemi[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f] would be gorgeous and a lovely honor name.

1 Like

[name_f]Noémi[/name_f] [name_f]Dyana[/name_f] looks like the nearest and best compromise of all the names you’re considering. It manages to continue all of your desired patterns. I would say that the ‘love’ theme is found in your love for your mother.

I will suggest [name_f]Noémi[/name_f] [name_f]Dafny[/name_f]. It would not be a direct honour but one with various threads of connection. There is the ‘D’ initial. In Greek mythology, [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] was a follower of [name_u]Artemis[/name_u], Diana’s Greek counterpart. Dafny’s meaning ‘laurel’ is evocative of the laurel wreaths symbolic of victory and honour in ancient [name_u]Rome[/name_u] as well as of prosperity, health and protection (there was a belief that lightning never struck a laurel tree). Protection and victory seem particularly pertinent to what your mother is going through but also fitting for a baby and new life. [name_f]Diana[/name_f] is also associated with wild woodlands where evergreen laurel trees would have grown. I believe laurels can also sybolise resurrection for a biblical connection.

I wish you and your family all the best.

1 Like

I’ve just thought of one more. [name_f]Noémi[/name_f] [name_f]Dalya[/name_f]. From what I have read it means ‘branch’ or ‘flowering branch’ in Hebrew. It’s reminiscent of [name_u]John[/name_u] 15:5 as well as a number of prophetic verses. The first especially links to the fruits of the [name_f]Spirit[/name_f] which of course includes love. In addition to the ‘D’ initial, [name_f]Dalya[/name_f] shares the letter ‘a’ twice with [name_f]Diana[/name_f] which lends it more likeness as an honour name.

2 Likes

This has been on my mind/heart too. Gets me teared up, and yes, the name itself may not go right with my theme necessarily but it is synonymous with [name_u]Love[/name_u] for all of us. :heart:

Also, we named our first son [name_m]Job[/name_m] [name_m]Marcellus[/name_m] after my husbands late father [name_m]Marcel[/name_m]. So it all fits in that way.

I might spell with a “y” as our own variation, not sure yet.

It may very well be what I go with! Thank you for the confirmation.

1 Like

That’s a beautiful option! I really like all those reasons! Thank you for the thoughtful suggestion.

1 Like

Thank you! That is exactly what has been on my heart, and you’re saying that just confirmed that to me.

1 Like

Thank you!

[name_f]My[/name_f] oldest daughter likes it exactly like her grandmom :heart:

But I’m still leaning towards the “y”. Either way, I think you’re right; it’s a lovely name, and maybe it was just sitting right under my nose as the best option all along. :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Update—almost :100: sure I’ll use [name_f]Dyana[/name_f] now, especially as I realized my mothers nickname (Diney) has the “y” and I saw her signing that with a flair, all my life.

Nothing (other than Jesus!) means love to me more than my parents.

Thanks for all the feedback. As usual, discussing & hearing others thoughts ended up leading me to a great discovery that has been there all along.

Amaré [name_f]Elyse[/name_f]
Sélah [name_f]Carys[/name_f]
[name_f]Noémi[/name_f] [name_f]Dyana[/name_f]

[name_u]Love[/name_u] it.

Now, what to do if baby is a boy, as the last 2 have been. :joy:

5 Likes

Absolutely gorgeous! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Tragic, yes, but [name_f]Dinah[/name_f] was clearly a very loved family member for her brothers to avenge her to such a great extent. I think [name_f]Dinah[/name_f] is the perfect compromise between your preset sibling style and your mom’s name.

2 Likes

Thank you :heart:

Thanks for the idea. :slight_smile:

I’m not as hip on Dinah, not only for the story sake, but also just the sound of it. But it IS one of my mother’s nn, along with Diney. I just can’t put either of those with Noémi, in my mind. I might be persuaded over the next couple trimesters though :sweat_smile:. Sometimes it changes as you work it out.

But using the y in Diney for Dyana makes my heart very happy. :raised_hands:t4: Also, ppl have almost ALWAYS said “Diane” to my mom, immediately after she says her name is “Diana”—:joy: smthg that always made us all privately laugh in incredulity (because it :100: happened!). But using it as a middle cuts down on that, and I think using the “y” spelling, although risking looking yooneek :sweat_smile: also cuts down on the “Diane” repeating. When I see “Dy” then “Ana” it seems to make it more clear.

Thanks for your input. :+1:

2 Likes

I would recommend spelling [name_f]Diana[/name_f] without the “y”. Matching the sisters’ middles is not a compelling enough reason to stray from the original spelling, especially as the boys’ names don’t have a “y”. [name_f]Diana[/name_f] is five letters so it already matches in that way.

2 Likes

Maybe [name_f]Diya[/name_f] it seems to fit a lot of criteria with D initial, love meaning, and the softness of y. It sounds so sweet too

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. :slight_smile:

Hadn’t thought of that one. Thanks for the idea. :slight_smile: