Needing a “Love” name!

My best friend is expecting baby #2 and we’re hunting for a name she loves as much as her son’s: [name_u]Remington[/name_u] “[name_u]Remy[/name_u]” [name_m]Jones[/name_m] (last name starts with H and has 2 syllables, ending in “ers”). So far, she likes:

[name_u]Abby[/name_u] (her favorite)
[name_f]Savannah[/name_f] (DH’s favorite)
[name_m]Austin[/name_m]
[name_u]Morgan[/name_u] (maiden name but may be a middle)

Nothing is feeling quite right, however, so we’re looking for some fresh ideas! She likes familiar names that aren’t super popular (i.e. [name_f]Ella[/name_f]/[name_f]Sophia[/name_f]/[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]) in our region (US South). She also likes both gender-neutral and feminine names, and bonus points if it’s a longer formal with a short nickname built in!

Thanks berries!

[name_u]Remington[/name_u] is super cute!

What about [name_f]Quintana[/name_f]? That’s the name of author [name_u]Joan[/name_u] [name_u]Didion[/name_u]'s daughter. In Spanish it’s pronounced “keen-[name_m]TAH[/name_m]-nah” but you could also pronounce it “[name_u]QUINN[/name_u]-tan-nah.” And that yields the nickname [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] which is gender-neurtral and familiar.

[name_u]Remington[/name_u] & [name_f]Quintana[/name_f] ([name_u]Remy[/name_u] & [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]) makes a cute, unusual sibset.

I love the idea of [name_m]Austin[/name_m] and [name_u]Morgan[/name_u]. [name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Morgana[/name_f] as a longer version, nn [name_u]Morgan[/name_u]?

Here’s some suggestions for longer names:

[name_f]Antoinette[/name_f] ([name_f]Toni[/name_f])**
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] ([name_u]Penny[/name_u], [name_f]Nel[/name_f], [name_f]Nellie[/name_f])
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] ([name_f]Eva[/name_f], [name_u]Angie[/name_u], [name_f]Evie[/name_f], etc)
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] ([name_f]Flo[/name_f])
[name_u]Spencer[/name_u] ([name_u]Spence[/name_u])
[name_f]Valerie[/name_f] ([name_u]Val[/name_u])
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] ([name_f]Gwen[/name_f])*
[name_u]Sydney[/name_u] ([name_u]Syd[/name_u])
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] ([name_u]Jo[/name_u])
[name_f]Bernadette[/name_f] ([name_u]Bernie[/name_u])
[name_u]Simone[/name_u] ([name_f]Mona[/name_f])
[name_f]Regina[/name_f] ([name_u]Reggie[/name_u])
[name_f]Marlene[/name_f] ([name_u]Marley[/name_u])
Abilene (Abby)**
Abrie (Abby)

[name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f] nn [name_u]Gabby[/name_u]
Carrington nn [name_f]Carrie[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliana[/name_f] nn [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]
[name_u]Connelly[/name_u] nn [name_u]Connie[/name_u]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lena[/name_f]
[name_f]Winslet[/name_f] nn [name_f]Winnie[/name_f]
[name_f]Lorelai[/name_f] nn [name_u]Rory[/name_u]
[name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] nn [name_m]Henri[/name_m]
[name_f]Fenella[/name_f] nn Fefe
[name_f]Juliana[/name_f] nn [name_f]Ana[/name_f]

[name_u]Quinn[/name_u] is super cute and she’d probably like it on its own! [name_f]Quintana[/name_f] is just not her style.

Thanks for your suggestions! I think she’d love [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] and [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], but they’re unusable for her (friends/family with those names already). I like your suggestion of [name_u]Sydney[/name_u], Evanveline, and [name_u]Abilene[/name_u]!

Carrington and [name_u]Connelly[/name_u] are super cute! I also love [name_f]Lorelai[/name_f] nn [name_u]Rory[/name_u]…she likes [name_u]Rory[/name_u], but not [name_f]Lorelai[/name_f] (I’ve tried so hard with this one!).

Update: we just found the perfect name.

[name_u]Allison[/name_u].

I suggested it to her just now because she liked it during her first pregnancy. Apparently, [name_u]Allison[/name_u] is her DH’s favorite girl name ever, and the “[name_m]Al[/name_m]” honors her late father [name_m]Albert[/name_m]. Thanks for all your help!