Negative feedback on girls name we planned to use; thinking again!

[name]Hi[/name]. I have two kids, both of whose names have got really glowing feedback from family and friends.
My daughter is [name]Clementine[/name], but goes by the unusual moniker of Emmenie. My son is [name]Jasper[/name], or [name]Jas[/name].
We’re expecting a second daughter, and had the name lined up even before we ttc; [name]Ingrid[/name].
However, we’ve got ubiquitously negative feedback and now I’m feeling myself even start to go off it…

So, here I am.
Looking for something a little different than my first two names. I like a lot of the names in the ‘offbeat’ category.
There are names I like but which seem too matchy to me with [name]Jasper[/name] and [name]Clementine[/name], like [name]Poppy[/name], [name]Viola[/name], [name]Adelaide[/name] etc etc.
British, slightly crusty but tame names.
I want something a little less…expected? But honestly I’m not entirely sure. My taste doesn’t have a style which I can identify easily, maybe because I’m too close to analyze it objectively.

I like the names [name]Celeste[/name], obviously [name]Ingrid[/name], [name]Ida[/name], Umi, [name]Maude[/name], [name]Cleonie[/name], [name]Shirley[/name]
Really any suggestions people want to throw out are welcomed with open arms

I think [name]Agatha[/name] would be really neat with [name]Jasper[/name] and [name]Clementine[/name].

Otherwise, I love the name [name]Ingrid[/name] with [name]Jasper[/name] and [name]Clementine[/name] and on its own for that matter.

[name]How[/name] about [name]Evangeline[/name]? or [name]Genivieve[/name] ( I can never spell that correctly)

[name]Clementine[/name], [name]Jasper[/name], & [name]Eve[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name], [name]Jasper[/name], & [name]Esme[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name], [name]Jasper[/name], & [name]Pearl[/name]

I actually really love [name]Ingrid[/name]! Out of the other names you listed, the only one I like is [name]Celeste[/name]. [name]How[/name] about [name]Greta[/name] or [name]Britta[/name]? They’re both cute and give off the same vibe as [name]Ingrid[/name].

Oh my you have superb naming taste. I would stick to the theme of trendy English vintage names (this is your style), and my suggestion is to go for [name]Matilda[/name].

[name]Matilda[/name], [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name]. [name]How[/name] cool is that sibset?

Now for one that I am not fond of but would work well is

[name]Penelope[/name], sibset [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name] with nn of [name]Penny[/name] or [name]Poppy[/name]

or

[name]Adelina[/name] is so pretty and unexpected, [name]Adelina[/name] [name]Maud[/name] perhaps?

or

[name]Jessamine[/name] [name]Cleo[/name]

So wdyt of these suggestions?

rollo

What about [name]Astrid[/name]? Similar sound as [name]Ingrid[/name] but I like it better and I think it goes well with [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name].

*also, if you pair it with something common like Elizabeth it has an english sound which makes me think of an outgoing, imaginative little girl.

I don’t have any great suggestions, but wanted to support you in your choice of [name]Ingrid[/name]. So strong, interesting, but feminine. [name]Love[/name] it!

I love [name]Ingrid[/name], too. However, what about Clelie? (there’s an acute accent over the e). It’s a French Canadian name with Greek roots and was the name of a poet I knew in Vancouver.

Please don’t be dissuaded from using [name]Ingrid[/name], it’s so pretty and fits really well in your sibset without being expected!

I really like [name]Ingrid[/name] and think you should use it anyway- once your little one is here, the naysayers will love her and her name by association!

I have to agree that I’m shocked you’re getting such negative feedback on [name]Ingrid[/name]–what’s that about? Maybe it’s because it’s a fresh and underused name and people just don’t understand that–but that’s probably what you’re looking for! And I think you should go for it. [name]Ingrid[/name] would be a great addition to your sib set and I doubt she’d meet anyone else with her name which is a plus in my opinion!

We love the name [name]Jasper[/name] and have it on our potential boy # 2 list :wink: our dd is [name]Lola[/name] and any other potential girls names are: [name]Matilda[/name], [name]Tabitha[/name], [name]Lydia[/name] or Eliose :slight_smile: you can always do what I did check the social security database too see what names were popular when [name]Jasper[/name] was which I believe was around 1880 or 1890 :wink: best of luck!!!

I like [name]Ingrid[/name], but some other ideas may be:

[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Elsa[/name]
[name]Amabel[/name]
[name]Winifred[/name]
[name]Verena[/name]
[name]Melisande[/name]
[name]Liesel[/name]
[name]Eugenie[/name]
[name]Ramona[/name]

Maybe? Good luck!

[name]Ingrid[/name] is beautiful! I can’t imagine why anyone would give negative feedback on it! Its classic and commanding. I think it works, especially if you like it :slight_smile:

[name]Sigrid[/name]
[name]Agatha[/name]
[name]Leonie[/name]
[name]Pernilla[/name]
[name]Starling[/name]
[name]Thisbe[/name]
[name]Ramona[/name]

I adore [name]Clementine[/name]! I think [name]Ingrid[/name] is a gorgeous name. I think negative feedback is because [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name] are offbeat, but seem young and fresh. [name]Ingrid[/name] doesnt seem as young. However, when that little baby is there, it will take on a new meaning to everyone. I also love suggestion of [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name]

Your kids have wonderful names! I also love [name]Ingrid[/name] and think she’d make a wonderful sister name to [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name]. It is a beautiful name! If you are really put off of it by the negative opinions some suggestions I really loved were [name]Esme[/name], [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Winifred[/name].

I love [name]Ingrid[/name].

[name]Petra[/name]
[name]Persephone[/name]
[name]Simone[/name]
[name]Inez[/name]
[name]Ione[/name]
[name]Liv[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Odette[/name]
[name]Ondine[/name]
[name]Antonia[/name]
[name]Leonore[/name]