Nell/Nima/Nechama??

Rank these N names please…

[name_f]Neima[/name_f] (nee-mah)
[name_u]Nima[/name_u] (nee-mah)
[name_f]Nechama[/name_f] (neh-hah-mah)
Neshama (neh-shaw-mah)
[name_f]Nel[/name_f]/[name_f]Nell[/name_f]

Also would love suggestions for middles!

I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Nechama[/name_f]. For some reason I remembered seeing it as Nechema, so always accidentally spell it that way instead, but I love it! It’s so soft and gentle, and has such a lovely meaning, and is so fun to say. I almost used [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Nechama[/name_f] in a themed signature I did a while back that just happened to have quite a few Hebrew names. [name_f]Nechama[/name_f] is perfection. I don’t know what I’d use as a nn ([name_u]Nima[/name_u], maybe? Or [name_f]Ama[/name_f]? I do love [name_f]Ama[/name_f]…), but that is by far my favorite.

I also like [name_f]Nell[/name_f] a lot, so I’d probably do [name_f]Nechama[/name_f], then [name_f]Nell[/name_f], then [name_u]Nima[/name_u]? I admit I’m not as fond of [name_f]Neima[/name_f] or Neshama, sorry.

Good luck!

P.S. Side note, I don’t venture out of one thread very often with comments anymore, but I just wanted to tell you how much I love your style and am always swooning over your Hebrew names! Your style is ridiculously gorgeous, and I hope one day, your babies are as ridiculously gorgeous, happy, lively, and mesmerizing as your style is. xx

[name_f]Neima[/name_f] is so adorable! It’s very unique, I’ve never heard it before, and am glad to see its appearance here on the forums. I’m not too find of [name_u]Nima[/name_u], I feel as if it would get misread as ‘[name_f]Nina[/name_f].’ However, I do prefer the name [name_u]Nima[/name_u] to [name_f]Nina[/name_f]! Makes a nice change from the double ‘n’. [name_f]Nechama[/name_f] and Neshama remind me of my sister’s name! Her name is Aashma, and even though they have different sounds, I get the same vibe. Such beautiful choices- Everyone loves Aashma’s name, so I don’t see any difference with [name_f]Nechama[/name_f] or Neshama. (Aashma’s middle name is [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. I think short middle names like [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_u]June[/name_u], [name_f]Eve[/name_f], etc work really well as middle names for names like this, as long as you choose a name you love that isn’t just a filler!) [name_f]Nell[/name_f] is quite cute. [name_f]Nellie[/name_f] is a nice little nickname too.

[name_f]Happy[/name_f] naming! I appreciate your style, and as a side note, after reading your signature, I have to say, I loveeee love love the names [name_f]Esther[/name_f], [name_m]Elijah[/name_m], [name_f]Nissa[/name_f], Avishai, and [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]. :stuck_out_tongue:

Fave to least fave:

[name_f]Nell[/name_f]
[name_u]Nima[/name_u]/[name_f]Neima[/name_f]
Neshama
[name_f]Nechama[/name_f]

[name_f]Nell[/name_f] [name_f]Chaya[/name_f]
[name_f]Nell[/name_f] Meira
[name_u]Nima[/name_u] [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]
[name_f]Neima[/name_f] [name_f]Constance[/name_f]
[name_u]Nima[/name_u] [name_f]Harlow[/name_f]
Neshama [name_f]Lois[/name_f]
Neshama [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Nechama[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Nechama[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f]

Favourite to least favourite:
[name_f]Nell[/name_f]
[name_f]Neima[/name_f]
[name_u]Nima[/name_u]
Neshama
[name_f]Nechama[/name_f]

[name_f]Nell[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Nell[/name_f] [name_f]Ariadne[/name_f]
[name_f]Neima[/name_f] [name_f]Colette[/name_f]
[name_f]Neima[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_u]Nima[/name_u] [name_f]Elaine[/name_f]
[name_u]Nima[/name_u] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]
Neshama [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
Neshama [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Nechama[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f]
[name_f]Nechama[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]

@ashthedreamer

Thank you so much! I’m wondering if you got the Nechema spelling from [name_m]Nechemiah[/name_m]? Also a lovely name. I’m glad you love my style and I definitely hope my kiddos are as beautiful as their names will be. ” (I love [name_m]Simcha[/name_m] as well!)

@babettee

I’m very happy you like [name_f]Neima[/name_f]! I think I like that spelling better! Your sister has a very cool name and I also get similar vibes with [name_f]Nechama[/name_f] and Nehsama.

PS thank you for commenting on [name_f]Esther[/name_f], [name_m]Elijah[/name_m], Avishai, [name_f]Nissa[/name_f], and [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] :grinning: they are some of my favorites.

Maybe? Or maybe it’s just because I’ve been saying it more like neh-xheh-mah (I don’t know how to spell that Hebrew “ch” as in Challah, [name_f]Chava[/name_f], [name_f]Chana[/name_f], Chabad, etc., with English letters, but I assume you know just what I mean?!), so “E” would make sense with that pronunciation?! Since I’ve replied to your post, [name_f]Nechama[/name_f] looks so much more normal than Nechema, so I’m glad to have been reminded of the proper spelling. :wink:

After just having my DNA tested for my dad’s ancestry research, I’ve discovered that it appears I have some Jewish ancestry, so I’m so excited to begin exploring more Hebrew names! They’re such a treasure trove of beauty, and I can’t wait to discover more beyond my beloved [name_u]Tali[/name_u], [name_f]Aviva[/name_f], [name_f]Eliora[/name_f], [name_f]Shoshana[/name_f], [name_m]Boaz[/name_m], etc.

And thank you! I was so happy to discover him for this themed signature I’ve been doing! I admit [name_m]Simcha[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m]-[name_u]Claude[/name_u] was a bit forced together, but I’ve been wondering about [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] [name_m]Simcha[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] or [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Simcha[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]? [name_m]Simcha[/name_m] is so cool!