Nell Nn

What names give [name_f]Nell[/name_f] as a nickname? Apart from [name_f]Helen[/name_f]/Eleanor.

I’m thinking along the lines of [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] (too popular?) or [name_f]Persephone[/name_f]?

2 Likes

Nell is one of my favourites! :star_struck:

How about [name_f]Fenella[/name_f], [name_f]Ornella[/name_f], [name_f]Antonella[/name_f], [name_f]Arianell[/name_f], [name_u]Marinell[/name_u], [name_u]Endellion[/name_u] or [name_f]Angelina[/name_f]?

1 Like

How are you getting [name_f]Nell[/name_f] out of [name_f]Persephone[/name_f]?

The ‘ne’ at the end :joy: very big stretch I know, looking for other ideas with the l sound

2 Likes

I love [name_f]Nell[/name_f]! I like it best as a standalone, but I’ll second the previous suggestion of [name_f]Arianell[/name_f] and also add (although some of these are definitely a stretch!):

Anneliese
[name_u]Connelly[/name_u]
[name_f]Danelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Elena[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
[name_f]Janelle[/name_f]

1 Like

I like [name_f]Angelina[/name_f]! Hadn’t thought of that

Maybe if you make [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] a double barrel, or give it a MN with two Ls, that works. :slight_smile:

I DO like [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] “[name_f]Nell[/name_f]”, & I don’t think it’s overused at all. ^.^

I also like [name_f]Danielle[/name_f] “[name_f]Nell[/name_f]”, don’t think it’s been suggested yet! :smiley:

I love [name_f]Nell[/name_f]!

Eleni
Elenia
[name_f]Fenella[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
[name_f]Arianell[/name_f]

What about…

Arianell
[name_f]Ellen[/name_f]
[name_f]Elena[/name_f]
[name_f]Cornelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Daniella[/name_f]
[name_f]Petronella[/name_f]
[name_f]Janelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Chanel[/name_f]
[name_f]Chantelle[/name_f]
[name_u]Noel[/name_u]
[name_f]Noelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Noella[/name_f]
[name_f]Noelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Anneliese[/name_f]
[name_f]Annelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Antonella[/name_f]
[name_f]Fenella[/name_f]
Donnely
[name_f]Nephele[/name_f]

Hope this helps!

1 Like

I love the suggestions!

you might also like [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] or [name_f]Endelienta[/name_f] :blush:

I’ve never heard of that name. It sounds like something you’d learn in a science class. How do you pronounce it??

Are you open to [name_f]Helen[/name_f]/Eleanor variants? If so, I like [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f], [name_f]Leonora[/name_f], [name_f]Eleni[/name_f], [name_f]Elena[/name_f] and [name_f]Helena[/name_f] for [name_f]Nell[/name_f]. What about [name_f]Petronella[/name_f]?

I don’t think [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] is too popular, but can’t see how you can get [name_f]Nell[/name_f] from [name_f]Persephone[/name_f]. The "ne"s aren’t even pronounced same.

I think [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] works but not [name_f]Persephone[/name_f]? What about:

Ariannell
[name_f]Anneliese[/name_f]
[name_f]Anselma[/name_f] (not sure if this is an actual name or just a smoosh of [name_f]Anna[/name_f] and [name_f]Selma[/name_f] but I know one and always thought it was interesting?)
[name_f]Cornelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Fenella[/name_f]
[name_f]Danielle[/name_f]
[name_f]Janelle[/name_f]/Giannella
Avanelle
[name_f]Prunella[/name_f]
[name_f]Petronella[/name_f]
[name_f]Sabinella[/name_f]

I think you could also use an N name with an [name_f]El[/name_f]- middle like [name_u]Noor[/name_u] [name_f]Eliora[/name_f] or [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] Éliane or [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f] or [name_f]Nixie[/name_f] [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] or [name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] [name_f]Elvira[/name_f] or [name_f]Nydia[/name_f] [name_f]Elsinore[/name_f]?

Good luck!

1 Like

Nell is my favorite nickname for [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]! I wouldn’t say [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] is too popular at all. I’ve never met a [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] of any age. I don’t think [name_f]Nell[/name_f] works as well as a nn for [name_f]Persephone[/name_f], but it could work for [name_f]Helena[/name_f], [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f], [name_f]Danielle[/name_f], [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f], [name_f]Annalee[/name_f]/Annalie, [name_f]Elena[/name_f], [name_f]Antonella[/name_f], or [name_f]Annalise[/name_f]/Anneliese.

I dont think Penelope is too popular. I think there is just a lot of excitement for it in naming sites… Much like Maeve…Havent seen it actually become popular IRL.

It’d be my #1 choice for NN Nell.

Others, some more direct than others:

• Melanie
  • Nelsen
  • Elena
  • Ellen
  • Helen
  • Helena
  • Isobel
  • Isabelle

My favorites are [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] or [name_f]Antonella[/name_f], and [name_f]Fenella[/name_f] would also be cute

I love [name_f]Nell[/name_f]! I have [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] “[name_f]Nell/name_f” on my own list, so maybe you’d like that?