Nephew & Niece

This is a very late announcement because I’ve been away from the forums for quite some time!

[name_m]Jennings[/name_m] [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] “Jack” & [name_f]Elowyn[/name_f] [name_f]Liana[/name_f] “Winnie”

Dear Nephew:

[name_m]Jennings[/name_m] [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] “Jack,” who was named after his father, came into the world in [name_f]April[/name_f] of 2020.

When I knew my sister was pregnant I immediately began my search to help her find the name that would win her and her husband over. She always expected me to provide insight and suggestions when the time came so I was elated to know I would finally have a part in naming her child.

I came across “Jennings” while searching for names that might match their styles. I felt it was the one almost immediately upon finding out the meaning (“little John”) and I thought it was very handsome with [name_u]Arthur[/name_u], which my sister chose for the meaning of “bear” as a nod to her husband’s tall, burly stature. [name_f]My[/name_f] sister grew increasingly fond of the idea of both his first and middle names honoring his father. It took a while for her husband to come around but eventually they both decided on [name_m]Jennings[/name_m] [name_u]Arthur[/name_u].

I offered the (rather incognito) nickname “Jack” based off of the meaning of his name “little John.” Now that he runs around play-fighting with his cousins we also like to call him “Sir [name_m]Jennings[/name_m] [name_u]Arthur[/name_u], noble Knight” or “Jenjing”because it’s so fun to say!

Dear Niece:

This [name_u]September[/name_u] [name_m]Jennings[/name_m] [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] was joined by little sister [name_f]Elowyn[/name_f] [name_f]Liana[/name_f] “Winnie.”

[name_f]Elowyn[/name_f] was chosen to honor her mother who loved climbing trees as a young girl. “Winnie” is also a nickname shared by mother and daughter.

For a middle my sister wanted something with even greater significance. After some research I suggested [name_f]Liana[/name_f] for the ancient symbolism of marriage between tree and vine. (Liana is the name for a jungle vine and the marriage reference was taken from viticulture associations but my sister and her husband would not go for “Vinea” & etc.)

The idea was to point to the marriage of [name_m]Christ[/name_m] (the bridegroom) to His disciples as a body (the bride).

[name_f]Elowyn[/name_f] [name_f]Liana[/name_f] (they pronounce it “Lee-anna”) goes by “Lady Elowyn,” “Winnie” or “Magpie” (a term of endearment from her uncle because she likes to sit and watch quietly and curiously like a chubby little bird.)

20 Likes

Stunning names! First and middle flow very well for both children and I love the detailed description of the meaning for each name :heart:

Welcome to the world Jennings Arthur and Elowyn Liana

1 Like

Such lovely choices with so much thought behind them! Congratulations to your family :two_hearts:

1 Like

Their names are beautiful!

1 Like

Such lovely names! I am particularly enthralled by [name_f]Elowyn[/name_f] [name_f]Liana[/name_f] “Winnie” — the name is so beautiful as a whole, and the nickname is so charming!

And I love the meaningful stories behind each of their names. Thanks for sharing them. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

beautiful names!! congratulations to your family! :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Congratulations to your sister! Her children have gorgeous names, and I love how meaningful they are! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Congrats to your sister! That have absolutely stunning names! :blush:

1 Like

Thank you everyone for the warm words! :blush: