Neve

See the results of this poll: Your opinion of the name Neve

Respondents: 48 (This poll is closed)

• Cool/hip : 27 (56%)
  • Weird/“out there” : 12 (25%)
  • Pretty/classic: 9 (19%)

I love it! Though I’d have to since my eldest DD is named this :wink:

Great! [name]Do[/name] you pronounce it “Nehv” or “Neev”?

I love it :slight_smile:

Pretty cool. :slight_smile:

I’m not sure how it’s pn, but my instinct is neeev and I don’t like it :confused: it’s too close to need.

We pronounce it neev. (ryhmes with leave)

I don’t mind the nehv pronunciation though, as in actress [name]Neve[/name] [name]Campbell[/name]. I’d class that as funky/cool.

I have been liking [name]Neve[/name] as a nn for [name]Genevieve[/name] lately.

Pronounced Nehv I love it, but Neev, I don’t like.

I really like [name]Neve[/name] (pronounced Nehv). I think it’s modern, but very pretty at the same time.

I like it, but I prefer the Gaelic spelling, [name]Niamh[/name] - although of course [name]Neve[/name] would not lead to as many pronunciation problems.

I prefer it spelt [name]Niamh[/name] but I love the sound of the name.

Another vote for the [name]Niamh[/name] spelling, but it’s nice spelled [name]Neve[/name] as well.

I am glad you’re going for the traditional pronunciation, Neev. I don’t like Nehv at all; I’ve only ever heard that as a nickname for the man’s name [name]Neville[/name].

The Irish name [name]Niamh[/name] (neev) and the Dutch surname [name]Neve[/name] (nehv) have nothing in common. People often confuse the two and think that [name]Neve[/name] is a version of [name]Niamh[/name] and that would be incorrect. I also think [name]Neve[/name] could be a nn for [name]Nevaeh[/name]. It’s ok but I think it lacks substance.

[name]How[/name] do you think the spelling [name]Neve[/name] would most likely be pronounced?

I like it but slightly prefer the [name]Niamh[/name] spelling, although I can see why you might use [name]Neve[/name].

[name]Neve[/name] would be pronounced “nehv” like the actress [name]Neve[/name] [name]Campbell[/name]. If you don’t want the original [name]Niamh[/name], I have seen Neave and [name]Nieve[/name].

I love [name]Niamh[/name]. It works well in [name]Ireland[/name] and UK but i understand it mightn’t work in US, therefore I think [name]Neve[/name] is nice too!

I voted cool, hip but I also think its pretty. To me it’s a little too unusual to be classic, but that is not a bad thing!

[name]Neve[/name] is okay. [name]Niamh[/name] on the other hand, is breathtakingly beautiful.