Nevis for a boy?

What do you think about the name [name]Nevis[/name] for a boy. Its listed on this site as a girls name but I feel it can go both ways. What do you think and what is a good middle name?

Hmm…Yeah, I can see [name]Nevis[/name] on a boy. I think the place name is pronounced like Neh-viss, but I’m wondering if [name]Nevis[/name] will often be mispronounced as “nee-vus,” like a nevus (a mole). (I can’t help but think of a nevus when I see [name]Nevis[/name].)

You may also like [name]Neville[/name], although people may think you’re a fan of the [name]Neville[/name] Brothers.

[name]Nevis[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Nevis[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Nevis[/name] [name]William[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I immediately thought of my very dark birthmark. :confused:
[name]How[/name] about [name]Nevin[/name]?

I think it could go for a boy! I’ve never actually heard this on anyone, so I think you can get away with it.
I love the name, BTW. My Lab’s name is [name]Neve[/name] and I often call her [name]Nevis[/name] lol

Never heard the name at all, but I automatically assumed male, because the -vis is like [name]Travis[/name], [name]Elvis[/name]…

Hello!
I have never heard of this name before but i like it, i just assumed when i read it that it was a boys name so imo its fine for a boy! :slight_smile:

I think it sounds like a girl’s name. [name]Mavis[/name], [name]Phyllis[/name], [name]Doris[/name], etc… Also the most logical nickname is [name]Nev[/name], which people have probably only ever heard on [name]Neve[/name] [name]Campbell[/name].

Really it does not shout masculinity to me.

I think it sounds boyish too, it reminds me of [name]Nevin[/name].

nevis could be a boys name but nn nev is all girl.

ooh i like it!