New and have a question

How do you get the names to show up as a link to the page for it? Like [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] would turn blue and go to that page. I’ve lurked for a while but this is one of my first posts here. TIA

Welcome! In my experience, it happens automatically after a few minutes or when you reload the page. To do it manually, you can write [ name ] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] [ /name ] but without the spaces within the brackets, which would cause this: [name]Joseph[/name]

1 Like

Ah thank you

1 Like

Of course, welcome to Nameberry! I’m glad I could help :blush:

Yeah. Is it the same process for a unisex or girl name?

1 Like

Yes, though for unisex names (for example [name]Avery[/name]) it will take you to a page where you choose whether you are looking for the boy page or girl page.

1 Like

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Of course, happy to help!

1 Like

@kidpix21

Manually linking the names isn’t necessary, we have an automatic program running every 5 mins or so which scans all new posts for names and applies the relevant links.

Ok thank you!

1 Like

I have a question @katinka, What is the difference between liking posts and giving likes? I know how to like a post by pressing the heart - (i think that is liking a post) but what is giving likes?

@LunaMoon44 [name_f]Welcome[/name_f]! :wave:

Liking a post and giving a like are the same thing – I think it’s referred to as “giving a like” for some of the badges.

1 Like

Thank you, because some of the badges say you need to, for example something like give 100 likes and like 100 posts to get the badge

Ah, do you mean “having liked posts”, like this? :point_down:

That means that your own posts need to have been liked 100 times by others, and you need to have liked 100 posts by other people.

Does that make sense?

1 Like

Yes, thank you so much

1 Like