New association with a favorite name ... what to do?

tw: fires, death

Hello berries! The point is following A few days ago I read information about a terrible fire that happened in 2018. Among those who passed away was a woman who died because she let other people pass, giving them a chance to escape. She had a name that I really like, Tatiana. I was thinking about that I could call my child that, but now when I hear it, I only associate with this unbearable tragedy, and I could not even put it in my profile when I edited it today. The question is: how to love a name again? And will it work out, is it worth it?

I put a trigger, but I’m sorry if I hurt you.

I’m so sorry :((
my first thought is that she’s a hero. she saved other’s lives by risking her own. I know the association with the death is bad, but she’s also a hero and it’s important to remember that

My first association for Tatiana is the fairy queen from A Midsummer Night’s Dream. she’s very beautiful and a good person. you could try reading the play in order to get that association in your head. I like the name a lot more because of the play

1 Like

Yes. That’s true, you made a good point.

Thank you very much! I’ll try!

1 Like

Lots of bad things have happened to good people and those people all had names. I do think its worth appreciating people’s sacrifices even if it is part of a sad story.

I can’t imagine if you named your child this name you would continue to have this association! Honestly, don’t worry about it and stop reading about random tragedies if they affect you like this you’ll get enough tragedy without seeking it out.

2 Likes

Perhaps take some time away from the name - give it time to see if that association lingers - it may only be because you’ve just read that story. And if you named your daughter that, I think it would gain a whole new association

If it helps, [name_f]Tatiana[/name_f] sounds like quite a hero

1 Like

I don’t think the association is bad, but maybe that’s just because [name_f]Tatiana[/name_f] is my favourite name.

1 Like