New Baby Middle Name!

My baby was born yesterday! But I’m having trouble committing to the middle name.

We’d picked [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] (and I’ve already told a fair number of people that’s her name yesterday). But I’m not sure it’s right… Dad had vetoed some previous options, but is generally agnostic on middle names (since they’re hardly used in real life). Older sister is in elementary school and has strong middle name opinions. :slight_smile:

The contenders were:

Emma [name_f]Juliette[/name_f]
[name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]

Sister did NOT like [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] (sounds like “is a bell”) or [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f].

I guess I’m looking for validation that [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] is not too pretentious, or fussy, or whatever. [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] seems “safer”. But with a very common first name, I wanted her middle name to be just a little unique. And I do want to consider my older daughter’s opinion.

Thoughts?

2 Likes

Emma [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] is beautiful! I don’t think it is pretentious at all!

2 Likes

I think [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] is lovely. I wouldn’t have any negative impression of it whatsoever. I would vote for either [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] or [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] for the reason you mentioned, that both [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] and [name_f]Emma[/name_f] are so popular.

1 Like

Congratulations!

I think [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] is absolutely gorgeous! If you’re in love with it, then go for it!

2 Likes

Emma [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] is absolutely beautiful!

1 Like

Emma [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] is definitely my favorite of these three, and I actually think it’s the least frilly option!

1 Like

Gorgeous name! Of the other two, I prefer [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] to [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]. I would keep [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] though. Not too pretentious at all.

1 Like

I love emma juliette! what a charming and romantic name :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

definitely a great choice, and not too pretentious at all

1 Like

[name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] is lovely! (I have [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] on my own list, so I supposed I’m a bit biased.) But I don’t think it’s pretentious or fussy. Rather, it is a classy, well-balanced combo. [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] adds a bit of [name_u]French[/name_u] flair to classic [name_f]Emma[/name_f], and I much prefer [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] over the other two. It’s perfect. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Emma [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] is perfect!! Congratulations on your new little girl !

1 Like

Out of your options [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] I think flows the best. [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] is a sophisticated, princess-y name but I do not think it is pretentious or stuffy at all.

1 Like

Congratulations!!

I really like [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] and don’t think it’s pretentious whatsoever. Gorgeous name.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Juliette[/name_f]!! And I don’t think [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] is too pretentious at all. I think it’s elegant and girly sounding, but not overdone, not even particularly frilly. I don’t care for [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] with [name_f]Emma[/name_f] either. It’s a pretty name, but the vowels at the end of [name_f]Emma[/name_f] and beginning of [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] disrupt the flow of the name, imo. [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] is pretty, too.

Emma [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] doesn’t sound pretentious at all to me. It feels sweet and warm. [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] is nice too but doesn’t have the wow factor [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] has imo.

I love [name_f]Juliette[/name_f]! If you feel its too frilly looking then [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is a good option too.

Of all those choices [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] is definitely my favorite! [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] is very beautiful and literary. I really like it!

For what its worth I think [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] sounds a bit more pretentious. And [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] is not nearly as interesting. I like all your choices dont get me wrong but I think [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] fits best!

Congratulations!!

Thank you everyone. I filled out the paperwork
for little [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f]!

3 Likes

Congratulations! I absolutely love the name.

Emma [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] is lovely! And I like [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]/ [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] much more than [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f].

Congrats!
[name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] is gorgeous! I much prefer [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] to [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] here.