New Boy's Name Ideas

While the search for a girl’s name has been far, far too stressful, my husband and I keep finding boys names we both love! If this baby is a boy, it will be easy to agree, but hard to cut out names we love!

We had narrowed our search down to [name]James[/name] [name]Arthur[/name] a few weeks ago, and now we have a few more. What do you think? Our first son is [name]Finley[/name] “[name]Finn[/name]” [name]Ransom[/name], if that helps!

[name]Malcolm[/name]
[name]Shepherd[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name] (although it does mean “bald” - might be a deal breaker)
[name]Thurston[/name] (a family surname)

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Malcolm[/name]! NN’s [name]Mal[/name] or [name]Mac[/name] are cute with [name]Finn[/name] too I think. [name]Malcolm[/name] [name]Thurston[/name]?

I like [name]Shepherd[/name] too, but not so much [name]Calvin[/name]. [name]Thurston[/name] is nice for the family connection but maybe a little awkward to say for a first name? And no really great nn either, like [name]Finn[/name].

I like [name]Malcolm[/name], [name]Shepherd[/name] and [name]Calvin[/name]! They’re all great names, but I think with [name]Finley[/name] “[name]Finn[/name]”, [name]Malcolm[/name] or [name]Calvin[/name] fit better. [name]Thurston[/name] would make a good middle name, I just think its a bit ‘much’ for everyday first name usage.

[name]Calvin[/name] is by far my favorite choice, but is the “vin” in [name]Calvin[/name] too similar to the “[name]Fin[/name]” in [name]Finley[/name]? Hopefully not, because I think [name]Calvin[/name] is a winner. I would use it myself.

Thanks for the opinions so far, everyone!

I think [name]Thurston[/name] is out as a first name. I’ll reserve that for a middle name!

I’m really, really thinking that [name]Calvin[/name] might be out as well. [name]Male[/name]-pattern baldness is prevalent on my side of the family, so it seems a little mean to name a boy something that may be a physical characteristic someday. (Also the reason I chose [name]Finley[/name] over [name]Phineas[/name], which means “loud mouth”.)

So that means we’re down to [name]James[/name], [name]Malcolm[/name] and [name]Shepherd[/name]. What do you think?

Oh, I didn’t see [name]James[/name] [name]Arthur[/name] in your above post. I was just looking at the list of names. I love [name]James[/name] [name]Arthur[/name]! [name]Love[/name] it just as much as [name]Calvin[/name].

I’m a big fan of the name [name]Shepherd[/name] and I think it goes really well with [name]Finley[/name].

[name]James[/name] [name]Arthur[/name] has to be the one, the others are in the shadow of this combo.

I still REALLY love [name]James[/name] [name]Arthur[/name], and even though [name]Shepherd[/name] and [name]Malcolm[/name] are high on our list, I think [name]James[/name] [name]Arthur[/name] may still take the cake!

I love [name]James[/name] because it is a timeless, classic name, which my son will share with many amazing people throughout history.

If your vote is for [name]Malcolm[/name] or [name]Shepherd[/name], would you mind letting me know why you like it? It may sway my opinion! Thanks!