New Discovery... Thoughts?

I was on social media and there was a guy with the name [name_m]Trenner[/name_m]. What do you think of it? Would it be confused a lot with the name [name_m]Trevor[/name_m]? Too made up sounding? I’d love to hear your opinions.

I don’t love it. It does remind me of a smoosh between [name_m]Trevor[/name_m] or [name_m]Trey[/name_m] and something else (not sure what that something is!) It’s definitely not the worst I’ve heard, but I’m not a fan.

Yeah, I was thinking that it kind of sounded like a mix of [name_m]Trevor[/name_m] and [name_m]Tanner[/name_m]. That may be what you’re thinking of!

Yes, [name_m]Tanner[/name_m] was what I was thinking!

Reminds me of trainers

Hmm. I’ve not heard of it before, but somehow it doesn’t seem that odd. Kind of familiar due to it’s trendy nature. It wouldn’t surprise me to meet a little boy with this name. Personally not my style though - I’m not for made up names.

I dislike it as it’s just far from my style. However it fits in well with this generation of children so I don’t think it’s a name that would be a disservice to him. In my daughter’s pre school class there is a [name_m]Tanner[/name_m] and a [name_m]Trevin[/name_m] so meeting a [name_m]Trenner[/name_m] wouldn’t throw me off at all.

Everytime I look at it I think it says Tenner. So I’m not a fan.

Not my style as but as others have said it wouldn’t be out of place in a classroom today. It has similar sounds to other popular names (though I feel like it might get misheard as Tremor)

I am not a fan but it does remind me of names like [name_m]Brenner[/name_m], [name_m]Tanner[/name_m] even a smoosh of [name_m]Brenner[/name_m] and [name_m]Trent[/name_m].
Also makes me think of [name_m]Jeremy[/name_m] Renner and tenor and thus Saxophones (I play the Saxophone so maybe just me there :smiley: )

It sounds like a surname to me, so I’d likely assume [name_m]Trenner[/name_m] was an old family name given as a modern first, before an ‘invented’ name. Due to that, I think [name_m]Trenner[/name_m] would fit in well enough with modern naming trends, both surnames-as-firsts and having the common -er ending. I will note though, that [name_m]Trenner[/name_m] easily offers up the potential nickname of Trennie, which may cause issues with teasing due to the derogatory slang term ‘tranny’.

Not a fan at all, sounds super made up and it’s a little hard to say