New here. I need your expertise.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all!

I’m new here and in total awe of your naming knowledge. I’m due in a little less than two months and starting to panic. We decided not to find out the gender. I’m having a harder time with girl names. I love the classics. Any feedback or suggestions would be so appreciated. If you’re feeling generous I would love some middle name suggestions as well. This is what I have so far. [name_f]Katherine[/name_f], [name_f]Julia[/name_f], [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] and [name_f]Leah[/name_f].

Thank you in advance!

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f] to Namberry! Here are a few ideas based on what you have so far:
[name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_f]Claudia[/name_f]
[name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Priscilla[/name_f]
[name_f]Antonia[/name_f]
[name_f]Abigail[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Celia[/name_f]
[name_f]Sonia[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Martha[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Camilla[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Mary[/name_f]
[name_f]Natalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] you find a name that you love!

You can not go wrong with any of your choices!
Here are other suggestions along the same lines:
[name_f]Louise[/name_f]
[name_f]Lauren[/name_f]
[name_f]Sara[/name_f]
[name_f]Molly[/name_f]
Naiomi
Eliose
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Alyssa[/name_f]
[name_u]Clare[/name_u]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]

I quite like [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] [name_f]Paige[/name_f] together but that is the only one that came mind as I read this post! :slight_smile: (Well actually so many names came to mind but that was my favourite)!

I love [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] but all your choices are nice. [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] is a lifetime of spelling it though, there’s just too many variations (I’m a [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]).

Out of the four you like so far, I think [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] is the loveliest. Here are some mn suggestions:

[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Abigail[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] and [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] (although I prefer [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]).
You might also like [name_f]Louisa[/name_f], [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] or [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]. I’ve been loving [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], nn [name_f]Greta[/name_f] lately. Or just [name_f]Greta[/name_f] or [name_f]Gretchen[/name_f] is nice too.

Thank you for taking the time to read this! I like a lot of your suggestions. My husband wants to stick to the list. I think he is so sick of hearing me talk about names that adding new ones is overwhelming. I so appreciate your opinions. It makes me feel better knowing that my choices aren’t too dull. I love the classics but it seems every kid I met these days has a super cool name. I could really use more middle name suggestions if you don’t mind. Thank you again for your feedback. It’s so nice to have a place to talk about this without judgement.

Louisa is a name that I love love love. Unfortunately my husband hates it. Maybe it’s something I should run by him as a middle name. Thanks!

I like [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] the best, then [name_f]Caroline[/name_f].

Maybe if you want a more modern middle you can name her [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f].
([name_f]Eloise[/name_f] being a modern alternate to [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]).

I’m terrible with middles and just wanted to say that [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] is my favorite of all your options.
Are you interested in honoring a family member with the middle name? or just want something that sounds good with each first name.

[name_f]Katherine[/name_f] is lovely. I prefer the [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] spelling, but my favourite nickname for it is [name_u]Kit[/name_u]- so the K makes sense :slight_smile:

I love all those names! They have all been on my short list at different times. I actually used [name_f]Katharine[/name_f]. I’d rank them [name_f]Katherine[/name_f], [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], [name_f]Leah[/name_f], and [name_f]Julia[/name_f]. I totally get what you mean about worrying that your favorites are boring.

I love all your choices! I think [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] is my favourite, but they’re all pretty and useable.

As for middles, do you want to stick with classics, or would you prefer the middles to me more modern or out there? If you want to mix and match with your choices, I like [name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f], [name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], [name_f]Leah[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f], and [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] (somehow I like this better than [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] [name_f]Leah[/name_f]). Otherwise, here are some ideas:

[name_f]Katherine[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Katherine[/name_f] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]

[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_u]Adair[/name_u]

[name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Corinne[/name_f]

[name_f]Leah[/name_f] [name_f]Marin[/name_f]
[name_f]Leah[/name_f] [name_u]Julianne[/name_u]

I love [name_f]Julia[/name_f] and [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] particularly! (Although I do prefer [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]…) [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] is lovely, as well, and [name_f]Leah[/name_f] is sweet (although I tend to prefer it as a nn–you could even do [name_f]Julia[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lia[/name_f]/[name_f]Leah[/name_f]). I think [name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] is quite stunning, actually, and I would love to meet a little girl with the name! Something like [name_f]Lia[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]/[name_f]Lulu[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]/Juju [name_f]Kate[/name_f]/[name_u]Julie[/name_u] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] could be a sweet double-barrel nn, as well!

A few other suggestions:

[name_f]Rachel[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f]/[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Mary[/name_f] (or a double-barrel, like [name_f]Mary[/name_f]-[name_f]Grace[/name_f], might be nice as well!)
[name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]/[name_f]Annabel[/name_f]/[name_f]Hannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Emma[/name_f]/[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]/[name_f]Emilia[/name_f]/[name_f]Emily[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f]/[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]

Good luck!

I like [name_f]Julia[/name_f] best from your list; [name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] or [name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] would be stunning. Some ideas:

[name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Celeste[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]

[name_f]Katherine[/name_f] [name_f]Susannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Katherine[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Katherine[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Katherine[/name_f] [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Katherine[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]

[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Rebecca[/name_f]

[name_f]Leah[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Leah[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Leah[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Leah[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Leah[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

I’m in the same boat as you with [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]. I love it, he hates it. C’est la vie. [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] is stunning though, and the nickname [name_f]Katie[/name_f] [name_u]Lou[/name_u] would be sweet.

[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] is my favourite of the list, and I also like [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] (though I prefer [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]). Not a fan of [name_f]Julia[/name_f] or [name_f]Leah[/name_f], sorry.

I think these could work for firsts or middles:

[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]/[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Kathleen[/name_f]
[name_f]Katharina[/name_f]/[name_f]Katherina[/name_f]
[name_f]Camille[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]/[name_f]Rosamond[/name_f]
[name_f]Giselle[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]/[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f]/[name_f]Marguerite[/name_f]
[name_f]Eugenie[/name_f]/[name_f]Eugenia[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]/[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Vera[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f]/[name_f]Isobel[/name_f]
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Philippa[/name_f]/[name_f]Pippa[/name_f]

I second:

[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]

All of your names are lovely; my favorite would have be Leah. Of the four, you’d hear it the least so I say go the lovely Leah. As for middles, were you after something a little different since you mentioned that you may not be disinclined to something ‘cool’? Everyone has a different definition of cool, so i’d love to hear your thoughts; whether you are going for a theme, a double-middle, names with meanings etc?

For now, I’d love to suggest:

Leah (Hebrew. Meaning ‘languid’, ‘weary’, or ‘from the meadow’) Arddun (Welsh ‘beautiful’) Kamilia (Arabic ‘perfumed flower’, ‘sweet one’)

Leah Arddun Keziah (Hebrew. Meaning ‘cassia’, from the name of the plant that produces a cinnamon-like spice; in the Bible, Keziah was one of Job’s daughters)

Leah Alice (German/Greek. Meaning ‘nobility’ or ‘wise counsellor’)
Leah Kerensa (Cornish. 'love or ‘loving’)
Leah Paige
Leah Harper
Leah Tamzin ( English. Form of Thomasina)
Leah Fleur
Leah Corrine (French. ‘maiden’)
Leah Barbara ( Greek. ‘foreigner’, 'stranger)
Leah Svara (Indian. ‘Goddess of sound’)

Not expecting you nor other nameberries to love these, but i hope these help in some way? Congradulations btw; looking forward to further posts! :slight_smile:

Goodness! I love them all. [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] is my LEAST favorite. I don’t know how to pick between [name_f]Julia[/name_f], [name_f]Catherine[/name_f], and [name_f]Leah[/name_f]. For some reason, I am leaning toward [name_f]Julia[/name_f]. [name_m]How[/name_m] about:

[name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]

[name_f]Leah[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Leah[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Leah[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]

[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f]

[name_f]Katherine[/name_f] is my favorite. Some middle name suggestions:

[name_f]Katherine[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_f]Katherine[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Katherine[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Katherine[/name_f] [name_f]Ella[/name_f]
[name_f]Katherine[/name_f] [name_u]Reese[/name_u]
[name_f]Katherine[/name_f] [name_f]Paige[/name_f]
[name_f]Katherine[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Katherine[/name_f] [name_u]Laine[/name_u]
[name_f]Katherine[/name_f] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f]

Thank you everyone! I’m relieved that my choices have been well receieved. For middle names I don’t really have much in mind. Anything that sounds pretty would work for me. At the moment I am more partial to [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] with the nn [name_f]Kate[/name_f]. I’m really loving [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think it would be too much with a last name that is very long and vowel heavy? I also liked the suggestion of [name_f]Leah[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]. Again thanks for your suggestions! This site is a life saver!