New Here!! looking for some help. Baby Girl incoming any day now.

Hello everyone, I am having a serious dilemma and am looking for some help. I have 5 older children, all high school age and above, I am due TOMORROW with my 6th child, a baby girl. Obviously there is a large gap age wise and names haves changed a lot in this generation gap. Me and my childrens father picked names for all of our kids last minute, we had two to choose from and picked when we met them, we were very laid back about it but I am not feeling laid back about this time.

I am still drawn to names from the 90’s, my older childrens generation, but is it weird to meet a baby named [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] or [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] these days?
I was into trendy names then, but I am not interested in many of the names I’m hearing today, they all seem too invented.

I really have NOTHING.

My older childrens names are:

[name_f]Rachel[/name_f] [name_f]Natalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Samantha[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_u]Tyler[/name_u] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m]
[name_f]Jessica[/name_f] [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f]
[name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] [name_f]Bianca[/name_f]

[name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]

[name_f]Sarah[/name_f] is a beautiful and timeless name.

What about:

[name_f]Abigail[/name_f] ([name_u]Abbey[/name_u]/[name_u]Abby[/name_u])
[name_f]Alison[/name_f]/[name_u]Allison[/name_u]/[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Analise[/name_f]/[name_f]Analisa[/name_f]
[name_f]April[/name_f]
[name_u]Aubrey[/name_u]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]/[name_f]Audra[/name_f]
[name_f]Bethany[/name_f]
[name_u]Blair[/name_u]/[name_u]Blaire[/name_u]
[name_f]Brenna[/name_f]
[name_f]Brianna[/name_f]/[name_f]Brianne[/name_f]/[name_f]Bri[/name_f]
[name_f]Bridget[/name_f]
[name_f]Brynn[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_u]Courtney[/name_u]
[name_f]Elise[/name_f]/[name_f]Elisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Emily[/name_f]
[name_f]Emma[/name_f]
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Gretchen[/name_f]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Holly[/name_f]
[name_f]Hope[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]/[name_f]Isabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f]
[name_f]Jocelyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f]/[name_f]Juliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_u]Kendall[/name_u]
[name_f]Kendra[/name_f]
[name_f]Kirsten[/name_f]
[name_u]Kimberly[/name_u]
[name_f]Kayla[/name_f]
[name_f]Kyla[/name_f]
[name_f]Laurel[/name_f]
[name_f]Layla[/name_f]
[name_f]Leah[/name_f]
[name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Lina[/name_f]
[name_f]Mallory[/name_f]
[name_f]Mariah[/name_f]
[name_f]McKenna[/name_f]
[name_f]Melinda[/name_f]
[name_f]Melody[/name_f]
[name_f]Melanie[/name_f]
[name_f]Michaela[/name_f]
[name_f]Miranda[/name_f]
[name_f]Monica[/name_f]
[name_f]Nicole[/name_f]
[name_f]Nina[/name_f]
[name_f]Norah[/name_f]
[name_f]Paige[/name_f]
[name_f]Rebecca[/name_f]
[name_u]Reese[/name_u]
[name_f]Renee[/name_f]
[name_f]Savannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Serena[/name_f]
[name_f]Shayla[/name_f]
[name_u]Sierra[/name_u]
[name_f]Sonia[/name_f]/[name_f]Sonja[/name_f]/[name_f]Sonya[/name_f]
[name_u]Sydney[/name_u]
[name_u]Taylor[/name_u]
[name_f]Valerie[/name_f]
[name_f]Veronica[/name_f]
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f] ([name_f]Tori[/name_f]/[name_f]Tory[/name_f])
[name_u]Whitney[/name_u]
[name_f]Zoe[/name_f]

Okay! Here are some names!

[name_u]Jamie[/name_u] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
Chyler [name_f]Ann[/name_f]
[name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_u]Jordan[/name_u]
[name_f]Ashlyn[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_f]Nicole[/name_f]
[name_u]Kelly[/name_u] [name_f]Ann[/name_f]

I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] the name [name_f]Kate[/name_f] and when I was naming my older girls it was a name I always wanted but our last name is [name_u]Vega[/name_u] I don’t like the sound of such a short name.

[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] I’m not a fan of.

Well thank you for the compliment on [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] as that is my name :slight_smile:

Going to copy paste and dissect this list, thank you! (sorry for just deleting the ones I didn’t like to make it easier for me to make a list)

[name_f]Abigail[/name_f] ([name_u]Abbey[/name_u]/[name_u]Abby[/name_u]) - seems too popular these days

[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Analise[/name_f]/[name_f]Analisa[/name_f]- I like [name_f]Analisa[/name_f] but our last name is [name_u]Vega[/name_u], is there not a famous [name_f]Analisa[/name_f] [name_u]Vega[/name_u]?
[name_f]April[/name_f]- not a fan of month/ state/ city/ country/ flower names
[name_u]Aubrey[/name_u]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]/Audrai- I like [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] more then [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u]
[name_f]Brianna[/name_f]- I like this for a middle name
[name_u]Courtney[/name_u]- one of my second choices for my oldest

[name_f]Gemma[/name_f]- love but not with our last name
[name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_u]Kendall[/name_u]- like this
[name_u]Taylor[/name_u]- love but too close to tyler
[name_f]Zoe[/name_f]- might be the only 1 syllable name I like with our last name

I like Kellyann as a first name, I like [name_f]Ashlyn[/name_f] and I like [name_f]Zoe[/name_f], its the only one syllable name I would do with our last name but its still too short for me.

I love the name [name_f]Lauren[/name_f]! I am a little biased with a 6 yr old niece. [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] isabelle. [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] [name_u]Genesis[/name_u]. [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] destiny. [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] faith.

I think that the type of names you like will suit well with your other children’s names I like [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] mostly out of them two.

I love [name_f]Kate[/name_f], you could give her a longer middle name so it isn’t so short, for example [name_f]Kate[/name_f] Genieve or [name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f].

I also like [name_f]Claire[/name_f], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], [name_f]Freya[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], Juilette.

Haha I used [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] and [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] as examples because my name is [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] :slight_smile:

Oh haha sorry I thought that they were the names you were thinking about for the baby.

Other names suggestions: [name_u]Ashley[/name_u], [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f], [name_f]Megan[/name_f], [name_f]Kayla[/name_f], [name_f]Amber[/name_f], [name_u]Courtney[/name_u], [name_f]Rebecca[/name_f], [name_f]Danielle[/name_f], [name_f]Alyssa[/name_f], [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f], [name_f]Victoria[/name_f], [name_f]Erin[/name_f], [name_f]Alicia[/name_f], [name_u]Shannon[/name_u], [name_f]Nicole[/name_f], [name_f]Jade[/name_f].

If you love [name_f]Kate[/name_f] but desire a longer name have you considered [name_f]Kaitlynn[/name_f] nn [name_f]Kate[/name_f]?

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] but it is your name, what about using it as an honour middle name?

[name_f]Lauren[/name_f] and [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] are timeless. I love both. I would be surprised at a baby with either of these names.

I really like [name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_u]Vega[/name_u]–I think it’s short, spunky, but not frilly. I also think it goes well with your children’s names and is a great compromise between 90s and now: it’s classic but still modern. Of course I’m biased though since it’s my first pick for a daughter. Using a longer middle might help with overall flow:
[name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_f]Michelle[/name_f] [name_u]Vega[/name_u]
[name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f] [name_u]Vega[/name_u]
[name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] [name_u]Vega[/name_u]
[name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_f]Alison[/name_f] [name_u]Vega[/name_u]
[name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] [name_u]Vega[/name_u]

I like [name_f]Kate[/name_f] but not a fan of [name_f]Katelynn[/name_f]

[name_u]Love[/name_u] the name it’s just a pet peeve of mine to have such a short first and last name, I don’t think the middle name helps much because no one really goes by the first middle and last name.

I vote [name_f]Kate[/name_f] for your name :slight_smile:

I feel [name_f]Caitlyn[/name_f] fits nicely with your other children.
[name_f]Rachel[/name_f], [name_f]Jessica[/name_f], [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f], [name_f]Samantha[/name_f] and [name_f]Caitlyn[/name_f] seem like a cohesive sibling set.
[name_f]Heather[/name_f], [name_f]Michelle[/name_f], [name_u]Kimberly[/name_u] or [name_f]Breanne[/name_f] have a similar feel.

Not a fan of [name_f]Caitlyn[/name_f], never been a fan of any lyn ending names. I like [name_f]Breanne[/name_f] but think I like [name_f]Brianna[/name_f] better with our last name.

Hehe I sure did make it sound that way, just using my generic names as examples :slight_smile:

I think [name_u]Courtney[/name_u] is my favorite so far.

[name_u]Courtney[/name_u] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_f]Brianna[/name_f] ([name_f]Zoe[/name_f] is actually 2 syllables and goes great with your other children’s names!)

[name_m]Just[/name_m] a couple suggestions