New here- need a THIRD girl's name!

We have 2 little girls, [name]Hadley[/name] and [name]Emmerson[/name]. We just find out we are having a 3rd little princess, due 3/25. We obviously like a little different names and have gone more gender neutral in the past. This time we want to go a little more feminine and soft because we want to honor a male family member who passed away by giving her the mn [name]Michael[/name]. Though as you can see from the list, we are still favoring gender neutral. Mostly I just worry that on paper people may not know she is a girl. Maybe it’s not too big of an issue??

My last name is only one syllable so ideally the first name will have 2 or more but if it only 1 and we love it enough…here is the list so far but nothing is really jumping out at us or more importantly there isn’t one we can totally agree on. Bring on the suggestions! Thanks!

[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Naia[/name]
[name]Anais[/name] ([name]Ah[/name] nah eese)
[name]Ayla[/name] or [name]Isla[/name] (I lah)
[name]Talia[/name]
[name]Piper[/name]
[name]Willow[/name]
[name]Blake[/name]
[name]Marin[/name]
[name]Skylar[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name]
[name]Peyton[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Nylah[/name]
[name]Sloane[/name]

To me, the most perfect name on your list is [name]Willow[/name]! I think it sounds fine with the other two girls names because it’s a nature name and so not overly feminine, but it is obviously feminine enough that no one would ever think a [name]Willow[/name] [name]Michael[/name] was a boy!

[name]Hadley[/name], [name]Emmerson[/name] and [name]Willow[/name] :slight_smile: - perfect!

I love both [name]Hadley[/name] and [name]Emmerson[/name] too by the way!

On your list, I’d stay clear of [name]Sawyer[/name], [name]Blake[/name], [name]Skylar[/name], [name]Dylan[/name] and [name]Peyton[/name] because I think if any of those were teamed with the middle name [name]Michael[/name] people would definitely assume she was a boy on paper and it could cause a lot of annoyance and confusion for her in the future.

[name]Naia[/name] and [name]Nylah[/name] both seem a little trendy to me next to [name]Hadley[/name] and [name]Emmerson[/name], and possibly not “strong” enough if that makes sense? And [name]Sloane[/name] just isn’t my style, I really dislike the sound of this name sorry! [name]Anais[/name] shares too many similar sounds with [name]Emmerson[/name] for me although it’s a pretty name, and of course there are the pronunciation problems. [name]Piper[/name] [name]Michael[/name] doesn’t have a very nice flow to me.

I therefore also think [name]Ayla[/name] (I prefer this spelling), [name]Talia[/name], [name]Marin[/name] and [name]Stella[/name] would also be lovely choices :slight_smile:

Some suggestions, [name]Hadley[/name], [name]Emmerson[/name] and…:

[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Freya[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Zara[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Seren[/name]
[name]Darcy[/name]
[name]Zuzanna[/name]
[name]Cara[/name]
[name]India[/name]
[name]Thea[/name]
[name]Nina[/name]
[name]Sanaa[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Lena[/name]
[name]Sabrina[/name]
[name]Olive[/name]
[name]Cleo[/name]
[name]Leonie[/name]
[name]Bryony[/name]
[name]Keziah[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name]
[name]Cassidy[/name]
[name]Romilly[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name]
[name]Allegra[/name]
[name]Milla[/name]
[name]Annika[/name]
[name]Astrid[/name]
[name]Alvah[/name]
[name]Della[/name]
[name]Bronte[/name]
[name]Ailsa[/name]
[name]Taryn[/name]
[name]Danya[/name]
[name]Nola[/name]
[name]Ariane[/name]
[name]Paisley[/name]
[name]Anouk[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Monet[/name]
[name]Sierra[/name]
[name]Cosima[/name]
[name]Bellamy[/name]
[name]Tana[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Mattea[/name]
[name]Neva[/name]
[name]Tansy[/name]
[name]Adria[/name]
[name]Brenna[/name]
[name]Tanith[/name]
[name]Zadie[/name]
[name]Aspen[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Briar[/name]
[name]Geneva[/name]
[name]Marlow[/name]
[name]Sidonie[/name]
[name]Thessaly[/name]

I actually think [name]Michael[/name] works really well as a middle name for a girl as long as the first name doesn’t offer too much gender confusion, but your other option is to use another unisex first name with the middle name [name]Michelle[/name].

Best of luck! Sorry for so many suggestions lol.

If you are going to go with [name]Michael[/name] as the mn I would def. pick a feminine first name, or else on forms and documents she will likely be confused for a boy. I think [name]Willow[/name] [name]Michael[/name] and [name]Stella[/name] [name]Michael[/name] are both really nice. Have you considered the feminine version [name]Michaela[/name] as a mn? Its prn like Mi-kay-la and is only one letter off from [name]Michael[/name].

[name]Just[/name] a thought…

My mom’s name is [name]Michaele[/name] (pronounced [name]Michael[/name]) [name]Ann[/name]. Adding the ‘e’ at the end can make it more feminine. You could always use it for a first name if you wanted.

Good luck!

[name]Hadley[/name] and [name]Emmerson[/name] are kind of masculine sounding unisex names but now you want something more feminine. Personally, I wouldn’t choose an ultra feminine name because it would seem strange next to her siblings. From your list, [name]Willow[/name], [name]Stella[/name] and [name]Marin[/name] are my favs. [name]Willow[/name] and [name]Marin[/name] are soft sounding names and [name]Stella[/name] is definitely feminine. Have you considered other more feminine names to honour your male family member [name]Michael[/name]? Something like [name]Michaela[/name], [name]Micheline[/name], or [name]Michelle[/name]? Here are some suggestions that would work well with [name]Hadley[/name] and [name]Emmerson[/name].

[name]Florence[/name]
[name]Jewel[/name]
Normandie
[name]Arden[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Darcy[/name]
[name]Jocelyn[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name]
[name]Meredith[/name]
[name]Kendall[/name]
[name]Enid[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name]
[name]Lark[/name]
[name]Adele[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Reece[/name]
[name]Linden[/name]
[name]Opal[/name]
[name]Keelin[/name]
[name]Constance[/name]
[name]Faith[/name]
[name]Fern[/name]
[name]Garnet[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Jade[/name]
[name]June[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Claudine[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Tamsin[/name]
[name]Gillian[/name]
[name]Eden[/name]
[name]Nadine[/name]
[name]Maude[/name]
[name]Sybil[/name]
[name]Clover[/name]
[name]Margot[/name]
[name]Summer[/name]
[name]Auden[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Leighton[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Journey[/name]
[name]Clio[/name]
[name]Sidony[/name]
[name]Avalon[/name]
[name]Valentine[/name]
[name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Maxine[/name]
[name]Tess[/name]
[name]Avice[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Geraldine[/name]
[name]Bernadette[/name]
[name]Corinne[/name]
[name]Nell[/name]
[name]Paige[/name]
[name]Brice[/name]
[name]Simone[/name]
[name]Morgan[/name]
[name]Bridget[/name]
[name]Tyne[/name]

My favorites on your list to go with big sisters [name]Hadley[/name] and [name]Emmerson[/name] are:
[name]Marin[/name]
[name]Sloane[/name]
[name]Willow[/name]

To be honest, I find middle name [name]Michael[/name] a little problematic. It is wonderful to honor your loved one. If it were me, I would use [name]Michaela[/name]. I think it is a beautiful name and is closer to [name]Michael[/name] than something like [name]Michelle[/name]. [name]Marin[/name] [name]Michaela[/name], [name]Sloane[/name] [name]Michaela[/name], [name]Willow[/name] [name]Michaela[/name] are all beautiful. My favorite is [name]Marin[/name].

Thanks everyone! I love all the new name ideas!

I have gotten the same mixed response from other friends and moms: why not make [name]Michael[/name] more feminine? The issue is that the relative was my little brother and I am REALLY holding on to wanting her name to be exactly as his. His first name is [name]Phillip[/name] and had this been a boy, we most certainly would have used that as a middle name. I think [name]Michael[/name] can be a little more flexible though I personally would not choose it as a first name for a girl.

That said, I have to admit, I do like [name]Michaela[/name], [name]Mikayla[/name] or other variations. [name]Even[/name] as a first name. It would really go well with our last name and then she could have my mn, [name]Marie[/name] which is also my mother’s. It flows nicely too. I like a little alliteration!

Thanks again!

What a lovely way to honor your brother! Have you considered [name]Phillipa[/name] and call her [name]Pippa[/name]? I think [name]Hadley[/name], [name]Emmerson[/name] and [name]Pippa[/name] sound gorgeous together! If you do decide to stick with [name]Michael[/name] in the middle, I love all of these below:

[name]Reese[/name] [name]Michael[/name]
[name]Ellery[/name] [name]Michael[/name]
[name]Mary[/name]-[name]Michael[/name]
[name]Kennedy[/name] [name]Michael[/name]
[name]Channing[/name] [name]Michael[/name]

Though [name]Pippa[/name] is still my fave :slight_smile:

[name]Philippa[/name] is one of my favorite names also! It definitely goes well with your other daughters!

also like willow and phillipa nn pippa. I dont like [name]Mikayla[/name] it will not age well and looks trendy.

I think [name]Willow[/name] [name]Michaela[/name] would be a great choice. [name]Michaela[/name] is much nicer than [name]Mikayla[/name], plus it’s closer to your brother’s name since it’s the same thing but with an a in front.

I think [name]Willow[/name] [name]Michaela[/name] would be a great choice. [name]Michaela[/name] is much nicer than [name]Mikayla[/name], plus it’s closer to your brother’s name since it’s the same thing but with an a in front.

My favorites from your list are [name]Sloane[/name], [name]Piper[/name], [name]Willow[/name], [name]Marin[/name] and [name]Stella[/name].
more ideas-
[name]Bronwyn[/name]
[name]Tatum[/name]
[name]Ainsley[/name]
[name]Skye[/name]
[name]Delaney[/name]
[name]Meryl[/name]
[name]Keturah[/name]
[name]Adele[/name]

I think [name]Michaela[/name] could definitely work as a first name with [name]Hadley[/name] and [name]Emmerson[/name]! I also love pp’s idea of [name]Philippa[/name] nn [name]Pippa[/name]. If you want to keep the middle name after your brother (rather than the first), then I still like [name]Sloane[/name] and [name]Maren[/name]. [name]Tatum[/name] was a great suggestion too!

[name]Marin[/name] or [name]Sloane[/name] - without a doubt. These are both beautiful, and go perfectly with [name]Emerson[/name] and [name]Hadley[/name].

My favorites names on your list are [name]Marin[/name], [name]Skylar[/name], and [name]Willow[/name]. I think those names are the most feminine off your list, at least in my opinion. I think [name]Marin[/name] [name]Michael/name, [name]Skylar[/name] [name]Michael/name, and [name]Willow[/name] [name]Michael/name are all very nice names.
I like the [name]Michaela[/name] option as well. I do agree that the name [name]Michaela[/name] [name]Marie[/name] has a nice flow and I would support that name as well.

Excellent taste in names! I have a [name]Hadley[/name] too (4 years)!
My other daughter is named [name]Phoebe[/name]. While I [name]LOVE[/name] the name, I have wondered if the names “go” together. I have given up caring since I love the names so much and they fit my girls.
However, of your choices I like [name]Sloane[/name] and [name]Tatum[/name] the best. [name]Hadley[/name] is ALL girl to me but [name]Emerson[/name] is ambiguous. I would not go too frilly since people might think that [name]Emerson[/name] is a boy.
[name]Sloane[/name] and [name]Tatum[/name] (and [name]Piper[/name] and [name]Pippa[/name]) are all girl to me but not frou-frou if that makes sense!
Good luck!

[name]Bronwyn[/name] [name]Michael[/name] is also a great idea!

I still favor either:

• [name]Phillipa[/name] [name]Marie[/name], and call her [name]Pippa[/name] or [name]Piper[/name]
  • Mairin [name]Michael[/name]

The [name]Sloan[/name]'s and [name]Tatum[/name]'s I know are both boys so I would personally stay away from those to avoid gender confusion, and I don’t think either sounds as great with [name]Michaela[/name] in the middle name spot.

[name]Reese[/name] [name]Michael[/name] is adorable too! (Though potentially mistaken for a boy…) Back to [name]Phillipa[/name] and Mairin! :slight_smile: