New Home?

My husband, two girls and I are living with my father right now. We want to move out by [name]December[/name] 1st; however we are limited with move-in costs. We found a place that is very convenient for us. Between both works, close to our college, close to highway, VERY close to his kids and relatively affordable. However, I worry. Reviews for this place are mostly bad. Especially when it comes to bugs and scorpions! With a curious 2-year-old and a 4-month-old, it is a big worry that one might comes across a scorpion or we might find one in a crib. My husband’s ex says she has seen only one, a month ago and it was outside. Plus, they spray constantly. [name]Do[/name] I take the chance? A lot of times people will complain more than they compliment.

If you don’t mind me asking, in what region do you live? I ask because around here the scorpions aren’t really a threat even if they do sting you. They don’t get very big, and their venom isn’t nearly as potent as some species. Still, as with anything, some people have allergic reactions to scorpion stings regardless of venom potency, so this could be a concern.

My advice: If you’re really concerned or it doesn’t feel right, don’t take the chance. Other opportunities will come your way!

I wish you the best in whatever you decide.

I’m in the Southwest. So, it isn’t unusual to see a scorpion. [name]One[/name] of our friends still lives in our previous apartment complex. We lived on the 2nd floor, close to the front and she lives in the back on the third floor. While we were living there, she complained about finding scorpions in her apartment as well. We, luckily, didn’t come across any. That is why I am unsure. It can be one of those things where it happened to that particular person but doesn’t affect the entire complex.