New List! Need Help

DH and I were testing out the names on our list with the Baby Name Test Drive when we reached a major roadblock. DH has a lisp and while it’s mostly controlled, I don’t want him to struggle to say his kid’s name. When reading the prompts there were some he clearly struggled with.

Here is my updated list. Some of my favorites are gone, which does upset me. But I’m sure when I find the right pair it won’t matter.

Let me know what you think of these names. Other lisp-friendly suggestions? Which twin-sets are your favorite? (LN: *DiLaurentis)

[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] (pn [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f])
[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Emily[/name_f]
[name_f]Eva[/name_f] / [name_f]Ava[/name_f] / [name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Judith[/name_f] ([name_f]Judy[/name_f])
[name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Liliana[/name_f] / [name_f]Lila[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Molly[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]

June and [name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f] and [name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Eva[/name_f] and [name_f]Lila[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and [name_f]Jane[/name_f]

1 Like
  • Amelia – Classic, but getting pretty popular.
  • Audrey – Never a bad choice. Getting classy, Old Hollywood vibes.
  • Beatrice/Beatrix – [name_m]Can[/name_m]’t go wrong with either. Both are in that familiar-but-not-common category, but [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] has a more classic, sophisticated vibe, while [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] is a more lively, vintage choice.
  • Dorothy – [name_u]Love[/name_u] it! Would be wild to meet a little [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f].
  • Eleanor – Absolutely classic. [name_u]Love[/name_u] seeing this name make such a comeback!
  • Emily – Also classic, but way overused, tbh.
  • Eva/Ava/Eve – All short, spunky names. [name_f]Eva[/name_f] is my favorite, personally. [name_f]Ava[/name_f] is a little overused at this point, and [name_f]Eve[/name_f] has just never been my cup of tea. But they are all perfectly fine choices.
  • Hazel – A fine choice, very vintage, but not my favorite of your list.
  • Jane – Yes! Sweet, simple [name_f]Jane[/name_f] deserves a resurgence as a first name instead of always being stuck in the middle spot.
  • Judith – A retro choice. You’d probably ahead of the curve with this one. But I like it. :slight_smile:
  • June – Very cute!
  • Liliana/Lila – Both are charming. [name_f]Liliana[/name_f] feels so graceful and sweet, while [name_f]Lila[/name_f] is bursting with playful energy.
  • Lydia – Timeless and perfectly elegant.
  • Margaret – Much like [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f], I would love to see this name make a comeback. A friend of a friend named her baby [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] last year, and I was so pleased to see such an underrated classic used irl! It’s beautiful.
  • Molly – So sweet! I adore [name_f]Molly[/name_f].
  • Olivia – [name_m]Just[/name_m] like [name_f]Emily[/name_f] and [name_f]Ava[/name_f], this name has been overused for the last twenty years. It’s popular for a reason, meaning it’s a perfectly nice name, but I think you have better options on your list.
  • Violet – Pretty and vintage with lovely floral vibes.
  • Willa – So spunky! [name_f]Willa[/name_f] has charm to spare, and I would love to meet a little girl with the name.

Hope this could help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

My favourite twin (or sister) sets are:
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f] and [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Eva[/name_f] and [name_f]Lila[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f]

Some other names:
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Petra[/name_f]
[name_f]Katelyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_f]Bianca[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f]/ [name_f]Juliana[/name_f]

1 Like

Some cute sets would be

Audrey and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]

1 Like

I love your list! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites:
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]

Some twin sets:
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f]

Eleanor and [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_u]June[/name_u]

Audrey and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] and [name_u]June[/name_u]

You might like [name_f]Lilia[/name_f]! Also, what about just [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]? I myself have a speech impediment and I’m seriously hoping that it somehow miraculously ends, especially because certain names sound amazing in my head but terrible when I pronounce them.

1 Like

I love all these names!

I think [name_f]Audrey[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Lydia[/name_f], [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] could all be mixed and matched together.

I also think [name_f]Audrey[/name_f], [name_f]Emily[/name_f], [name_f]Willa[/name_f], [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], [name_f]Molly[/name_f], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], and [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] could be mixed and matched (excepting [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Emily[/name_f])

1 Like

Hmm…
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] ~ a popular classic it’s a nice choice and I like the nickname [name_f]Mia[/name_f]. [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] is a lovely name. I like the idea of [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] & [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] for twins. [name_f]Mia[/name_f] & [name_f]Bea[/name_f] would be sweet.
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] ~ old fashioned classic choice with a lovely vintage vibe. I like [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] & [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] together
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] ~ very regal classic prefer the spelling [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] though especially if your using that pronunciation. [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] & [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] is sweet.
[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] ~ this is so sweet really charming vintage name and I like the nickname [name_f]Dotty[/name_f]. I really like [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] & [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f].
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] ~ another charming name with a range of sweet nicknames. I love [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] & [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] together was a twin set really pretty.
[name_f]Emily[/name_f] ~ it’s a simple choice but not a favourite
[name_f]Eva[/name_f]/Ava/Eve ~ all three are pretty my favourite is [name_f]Eve[/name_f] it’s just simple and dainty. I like [name_f]Eve[/name_f] & [name_f]Willa[/name_f] together.
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] ~ I love [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] such a gorgeous nature name and it’s very spunky. I think [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] & [name_f]Jane[/name_f] together would be beautiful.
[name_f]Jane[/name_f] ~ another brilliant choice it’s so simplistic and underrated. Really beautiful.
[name_f]Judith[/name_f] ~ not a favourite of mine
[name_u]June[/name_u] ~ ah I love [name_u]June[/name_u] it’s so happy and upbeat. I think [name_u]June[/name_u] & [name_f]Violet[/name_f] would be beautiful together.
[name_f]Liliana[/name_f]/Lila ~ both [name_f]Liliana[/name_f] & [name_f]Lila[/name_f] are pretty names prefer [name_f]Liliana[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Liliana[/name_f] & [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] sound beautiful together.
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f] ~ a nice vintage choice I like [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] & [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] together.
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] ~ it’s a solid classic but not a favourite
[name_f]Molly[/name_f] ~ personally never been a fan of [name_f]Molly[/name_f] prefer [name_f]Polly[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] ~ it’s very popular I can see the appeal but I find the overuse of this name making it slightly dull prefer [name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] ~ I think [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is gorgeous! I love [name_u]June[/name_u] & [name_f]Violet[/name_f].
[name_f]Willa[/name_f] ~ great spunky name love [name_f]Eve[/name_f] & [name_f]Willa[/name_f]

1 Like

My favs:

Amelia ([name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_f]Earhart[/name_f] is one of my idols)
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] ([name_f]Audrey[/name_f] Hepburn is also one of my idols, plus I love the strong meaning!)
[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] ([name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_m]Roosevelt[/name_m])
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f] (as far as [name_u]Christian[/name_u] names go, this is my absolute favorite!)
[name_f]Molly[/name_f]

1 Like

Eva and [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Eva[/name_f] and [name_f]Audrey[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Lydia[/name_f], and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and [name_f]Liliana[/name_f] are my favorites of these. :heart:

Good luck!

1 Like

Love:
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Ava[/name_f], [name_f]Eve[/name_f], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_f]Lila[/name_f], [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
Like:
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f], [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f], [name_f]Emily[/name_f], [name_f]Eva[/name_f], [name_f]Judy[/name_f], [name_f]Liliana[/name_f], [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
Lose:
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], [name_f]Judith[/name_f], [name_u]June[/name_u], [name_f]Lydia[/name_f], [name_f]Molly[/name_f], [name_f]Willa[/name_f]

Favorite pairs:
[name_f]Ava[/name_f] & [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] & [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Lila[/name_f] & [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f] & [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]

Other pairs:
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] & [name_f]Liliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f] & [name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_u]June[/name_u] & [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Eva[/name_f] & [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Emily[/name_f] & [name_f]Judy[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] & [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]

1 Like

Hi there.

Here are my thoughts-

Amelia-I love love [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]. It’s so smart, kind, classic & just beautiful. It sounds nice w/your ln too. The only downfall is it’s so popular.

Audrey-I don’t love this one w/your ln, because it has a lot of 'd’s & 'r’s. It’s a great name though. Sweet, classic & slightly glamorous.

Beatrice-Why not [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]? Most people will say [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] like [name_f]Bee[/name_f]-uh-triss, right? I like both, but really love [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]. It’s just spunky & lovable. And it’s very unique. It’s not amazing w/your ln, but not horrible.

Dorothy-That’s really cute. Super vintage & sweet, but has a little spunk.

Eleanor-I love this! [name_f]My[/name_f] second favorite from your list next to [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]. Perfect balance of bold, feminine, classic & adventurous. Also, very popular, unfortunately.

Emily-This is nice. It doesn’t sparkle as much as some of the others, but it’s a pleasant name.

Eva/Ava/Eve-I like just [name_f]Eve[/name_f]. It’s the least over done, & the most pixie-ish!

Hazel-This is fine. I know that it’s vintage, but almost seems trendy since it got really popular out of no where.

Jane-This is a nice simple classic w/your long bold last name.

Judith ([name_f]Judy[/name_f])-That’s not my favorite, but I like how it’s unexpected. Is [name_f]Judith[/name_f] hard to say w/a lisp?

June-Aw, I like that a lot. It’s like [name_f]Jane[/name_f] & [name_f]Judith[/name_f], but even better. [name_m]Just[/name_m] smart, sleek & kind sounding. Simple & classic, but not too popular. And the nn [name_f]Junie[/name_f] is adorable.

Liliana/Lila-[name_f]Liliana[/name_f] is very pretty & romantic w/your ln. [name_f]Lila[/name_f] is cute, but just doesn’t pack as much punch as some of the other choices.

Lydia-It doesn’t do much for me for some reason, but it’s a nice name. Maybe kind of a tongue twister w/DiLaurentis, honestly.

Margaret-I want to like this name, because it’s classic, but it’s just a bit heavy for me. I do love the nns [name_f]Gerty[/name_f], [name_f]Maisy[/name_f], [name_f]Peggy[/name_f] & [name_f]Molly[/name_f].

Molly-Yes, cute! I think it’s okay as a full name. It’s sweet & cheerful. But I also like it as a nn for [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]. Or [name_u]Malin[/name_u], [name_f]Malka[/name_f], [name_f]Maureen[/name_f] & [name_f]Mary[/name_f].

Olivia-Absolutely lovely names. Smart, classic, feminine, grows up well. It’s obviously soooo popular though.

Violet-This sounds nice w/your ln. It’s very pretty & has great imagery too.

Willa-This is nice. Kind of quiet & vintage. I like it.

My favorite twin combos in general, ln flow not included, are…

Amelia & [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]

Dorothy & [name_f]Jane[/name_f]

June & [name_f]Willa[/name_f]

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Olivia and [name_f]Emily[/name_f]! Beautiful together.

From the very rudimentary search I did online, words with Ss And Zs are hardest for those with a lisp, so I think these names avoid that issue.

1 Like

Thanks for the great feedback! Right now I’m leaning more towards straight [name_f]Judy[/name_f], but wanted to get thoughts on the name since it’s the only one that seems like a true oddball.

Yes! I definitely have to cut this list down more. I’ll probably have to cut [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] for this reason. But they were really growing on me, so I’ve been hesitant to scrap them just yet.

Especially since there is a chance our kid will have a lisp as well, I don’t want them struggling with their own name.

1 Like

Beatrix and [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] are my favorites with your last name!

1 Like

I would pair:

Beatrice and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f] and [name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f] and [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] and [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]

1 Like

Actually really love the whole vibe of your list but my favourites are [name_f]Audrey[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_f]Lydia[/name_f].

1 Like

Molly and [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] are my favorites! I think you might also like:
[name_f]Charlize[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorothea[/name_f]

1 Like

Dorothy sounds so glamorous and movie-star with your last name!

Dorothy and [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_u]June[/name_u] and [name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Emily[/name_f] and [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Judith[/name_f] and [name_f]Lydia[/name_f]

Some suggestions:
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Greta[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f] or [name_f]Yulia[/name_f]
[name_f]Marianne[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Miriam[/name_f]

1 Like

I love so many of these.

My favourites would be [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] / [name_f]Judith[/name_f] and [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] / [name_f]Jane[/name_f] and [name_f]Willa[/name_f] / [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]

1 Like