New List - Opinions Please!

There are several names I love that I have eliminated for various reasons…here are what we are currently working with. Any and all thoughts, ideas, suggestions are appreciated!

[name]Arianna[/name] (I would like to pronounce it [name]Ah[/name]-ree-ahna, if that makes sense. I like this spelling better but for the pronounciation would [name]Ariana[/name] be better?)

[name]Eliana[/name]

[name]Elena[/name] (Eh-lay-nah)

[name]Maia[/name]

[name]Talia[/name]/[name]Thalia[/name]

[name]Serena[/name] (I would like to encourage the Se-reh-nah pronounciation, if that makes sense, although I know most people would pronounce it Se-reen-ah)

Thanks!!

[name]Arianna[/name] (I would like to pronounce it [name]Ah[/name]-ree-ahna, if that makes sense. I like this spelling better but for the pronounciation would [name]Ariana[/name] be better?) - I love this name! So pretty and I prefer the [name]Arianna[/name] spelling as well and don’t think you would have too many pronunciation issues with it.

[name]Eliana[/name] - I [name]LOVE[/name] this name so much. It is one of my favorite names. It does seem that this name as well as the other “[name]Ell[/name]” names ([name]Ella[/name], [name]Ellie[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name]) are rising in popularity. I still think it is a fabulous name, though.

[name]Elena[/name] (Eh-lay-nah) - So pretty

[name]Maia[/name] - Not my favorite from your list, but still very nice.

[name]Talia[/name]/[name]Thalia[/name] - This is such a beautiful name. It’s probably my second favorite from your list. And I would use the [name]Thalia[/name] spelling.

[name]Serena[/name] (I would like to encourage the Se-reh-nah pronounciation, if that makes sense, although I know most people would pronounce it Se-reen-ah) - This is a lovely name, but not my favorite. And I think that the pronunciation would always be a major issue all her life.

In order, my favorites are: [name]Eliana[/name], [name]Thalia[/name], [name]Arianna[/name]

[name]Arianna[/name]: I pronounce the anna ending like the name “[name]Anna[/name],” so I’d pronounce this Ahr-ee-anna. [name]Ana[/name] is “ahna,” so I personally think that the [name]Ariana[/name] spelling may be more likely to elicit your pronunciation. I’ve heard this name butchered often, with [name]Air[/name]-ee-anna ([name]Larry[/name] [name]King[/name] says it this way, I think).

[name]Eliana[/name]: I love this name, and have never heard it mispronounced.

[name]Elena[/name] (Eh-lay-nah): I love this name, too, and know and [name]Elena[/name] (el-len-uh) whose name was constantly pronounced (mispronounced, in her case) [name]El[/name]-[name]LAY[/name]-nuh, so I’m guessing that [name]El[/name]-[name]LAY[/name]-nah (I’m spelling it differently than you did, but I’m pronouncing it the same way) is the more common pronunciation.

[name]Maia[/name]: I think this is so pretty, too.

[name]Talia[/name]/[name]Thalia[/name]: I love [name]Talia[/name], without the h. I think it’s gorgeous!

[name]Serena[/name] (I would like to encourage the Se-reh-nah pronounciation, if that makes sense, although I know most people would pronounce it Se-reen-ah): Yeah, I think that it will likely more often than not be pronounced Ser-ee-na, which is the only way I’ve ever heard it pronounced.

Taking pronunciation issues into account, my favorites are [name]Eliana[/name], [name]Maia[/name], and [name]Talia[/name].

I love your names! :slight_smile:

Good luck!

All of the names you have picked out are all very beautiful! My favorite of these is [name]Eliana[/name]. I think [name]Arianna[/name] and [name]Serena[/name] are going to have pn issues. The same with [name]Thalia[/name], if it’s spelled that way - but not [name]Talia[/name].

[name]Arianna[/name] - I think you’re right, that [name]Ariana[/name] may better encourage the pronounciation you like (which I also prefer). [name]Love[/name] this name.
[name]Eliana[/name] - Also lovely.
[name]Elena[/name] - I think I prefer [name]Eliana[/name] if you’re using the eh-lay-nah pronunciation
[name]Maia[/name] - I love [name]Maia[/name], it’s such a sweet and spunky name
[name]Talia[/name]/[name]Thalia[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this. I would go for [name]Talia[/name], assuming you’re pronouncing it tay-lee-uh.
[name]Serena[/name] - I think you’ll always have this mispronounced. I personally prefer the more common pronunciation.

From your list, I like [name]Ariana[/name] and [name]Talia[/name] the most. These names are quite similar though, with the same lovely melodic quality, so it’s hard to choose between them!

I love [name]Maia[/name] and [name]Talia[/name]! [name]Both[/name] are on my short list too!
You may also like [name]Calla[/name].

[name]Elena[/name] pronounced the way you have it is one of my favorites. I also really like [name]Eliana[/name]. [name]Both[/name] are gorgeous names. Your other names are lovely too but the above are my favorites.

You have some very pretty names there!

[name]Arianna[/name] (I would like to pronounce it [name]Ah[/name]-ree-ahna, if that makes sense. I like this spelling better but for the pronounciation would [name]Ariana[/name] be better?)- I think this is v pretty but [name]Ariana[/name] would probably be the better spelling to encourage the pn you prefer.

[name]Eliana[/name]- lovely!

[name]Elena[/name] (Eh-lay-nah)- v pretty too

[name]Maia[/name]- i have one, so of course I love it!

[name]Talia[/name]/[name]Thalia[/name]- v pretty although not my favourite.

[name]Serena[/name] (I would like to encourage the Se-reh-nah pronounciation, if that makes sense, although I know most people would pronounce it Se-reen-ah)- it’s okay. I can also forsee pn problems tbh.

My favourites are:[name]Maia[/name], [name]Eliana[/name], [name]Elena[/name] and [name]Ariana[/name] (I prefer [name]Ariadne[/name] which you may or may not like).

Thanks for the feedback!

[name]Arianna[/name] - Absolutely love it! But I do think [name]Ariana[/name] would be a better spelling for that pronunciation.

[name]Eliana[/name] - Adorable and sweet!

[name]Elena[/name] - Cute, but I prefer [name]Eliana[/name].

[name]Maia[/name] - I’ve never really liked this name for some reason.

[name]Talia[/name] - Same as [name]Maia[/name].

[name]Serena[/name] - I like both pronunciations. Se-reen-ah is soft and sweet, but Se-reh-nah is fiery and gorgeous!