New list Please Critique!

I recently posted my list including [name_f]Carina[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_m]Christian[/name_m], and [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]. These all got shot down by dh for being “too frilly”. We made a list together but I need honest opinions. As previously stated in my last thread, our boy name is Skander [name_u]Finn[/name_u].

[name_f]Georgina[/name_f] (need middle name) “[name_u]Georgie[/name_u]”
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucie[/name_f] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_u]Sage[/name_u] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
Maxe [name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]

[name_f]Georgina[/name_f] (need middle name) “[name_u]Georgie[/name_u]” - My favorite! I also like [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f]. (I don’t like [name_f]Georgia[/name_f], though.) [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]?
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] - These don’t match. [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] is spunky and Irish, and [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] is formidably regal and Russian. Also I dislike [name_u]RowAN[/name_u] [name_f]ANastasia[/name_f]. Same sounds.
[name_f]Lucie[/name_f] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] - This I like!
[name_u]Sage[/name_u] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] - Very cute
Maxe [name_f]Margot[/name_f] - Ehh… [name_u]Max[/name_u] with an e? Would be hard to get people to remember. Eventually she’d become [name_u]Max[/name_u].
[name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] - Classic and pleasant.

[name_f]Georgina[/name_f] nn [name_u]Georgie[/name_u] - I like this a lot but I am sucker for adorable nicknames. [name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]?
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] - I am still on the fence about [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]. It may be because the only little Rowans I know are boys. Either way I think the pairing with the ultra feminine [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] is a great choice!
[name_f]Lucie[/name_f] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]- I adore this. I prefer [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] just becuase I am not a fan of alternative spellings, and I like it paired with [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] very much.
[name_u]Sage[/name_u] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] - A beautiful combo I prefer [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u] though.
Maxe [name_f]Margot[/name_f]- Are you pronouncing Maxe, [name_u]Max[/name_u]-y or just [name_u]Max[/name_u]? I have heard both if [name_u]Max[/name_u]-y I like Maxe [name_f]Margot[/name_f] but not [name_u]Max[/name_u] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] it sounds abrubt to my ears. Maybe [name_f]Moxie[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f]?
[name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] - I am probably the only berrie ever but I truly dislike [name_f]Freya[/name_f]! I like [name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] though objectively.

My favorites are: [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f], and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u].

Maxe is just pronounced [name_u]Max[/name_u]. [name_f]Margot[/name_f] is my maiden middle and we just dislike [name_f]Maxine[/name_f] etc.

1. [name_f]Georgina[/name_f]- The nn gets me! A girl called [name_u]Georgie[/name_u] is adorable and I absolutely love it! I like the previous suggestion of Georginia [name_f]Louise[/name_f].

2. [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]- I like [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], but not [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]. I don’t mind the juxtaposition of styles, as others have taken issue with.

3. [name_f]Lucie[/name_f] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]- I’m just not a fan of [name_f]Lucie[/name_f]/[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] for some reason. It’s too common and traditional for my taste. [name_f]Eluned[/name_f] or [name_f]Luna[/name_f] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] would be lovely and more unexpected.

4. [name_u]Sage[/name_u] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]- I’m not crazy about [name_u]Sage[/name_u] as a first name. It’s a little harsh sounding and I can’t picture it on a little girl. [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u] sounds better to me, but again [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is a bit traditional for me.

5. Maxe [name_f]Margot[/name_f]- I actually like th alliteration. The e at the end of Maxe seems made up to me. I don’t mind [name_u]Max[/name_u] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] on a girl but I think you could do better on a double M name (though nothing comes to mind!).

6. [name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]- I love it as is.

So my favorites are [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] “[name_u]Georgie[/name_u]” [name_f]Louise[/name_f] and [name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]. [name_f]Luna[/name_f] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] is great too.

[name_f]Lucie[/name_f] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] is so sweet. I also like [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]… those would be my top 2. Another one out of all your names that I think sounds lovely is [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]… just throwing it out there :slight_smile:

[name_f]Georgina[/name_f] or [name_f]Lucy[/name_f].

Sorry to hear your husband doesn’t approve.

I’m another vote for [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f].

Other names probably more to your husband’s taste: [name_f]Ruth[/name_f], [name_f]Judith[/name_f], [name_f]Miriam[/name_f], [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], [name_f]Eve[/name_f], [name_f]Frances[/name_f], [name_f]Margot[/name_f]/[name_f]Margo[/name_f], [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f], [name_f]Maude[/name_f]/[name_f]Maud[/name_f], [name_f]Astrid[/name_f], [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f], [name_f]Edith[/name_f], [name_f]Agnes[/name_f] (too clunky?), [name_f]Therese[/name_f], [name_f]Sibyl[/name_f], [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Rachel[/name_f], [name_f]Mary[/name_f], [name_f]Anne[/name_f]/[name_f]Ann[/name_f], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_f]Juno[/name_f], [name_u]June[/name_u], [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_u]Joan[/name_u], [name_f]Helen[/name_f], [name_f]Ariadne[/name_f], [name_f]Arianne[/name_f], [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], [name_f]Emma[/name_f], [name_f]Ida[/name_f], [name_u]Joyce[/name_u], [name_f]Zoe[/name_f], [name_f]Martha[/name_f], [name_f]Audrey[/name_f], [name_f]Abigail[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], [name_f]Margery[/name_f].

love or like

[name_f]Georgina[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u], [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f], [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] [name_u]Eloise[/name_u], [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] [name_f]Melody[/name_f], [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] [name_f]Verity[/name_f]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] name_f][name_f]Anastasia[/name_f][/name_f]

Honestly, I really loved your old list and none of these quite match up to it for me. I find it strange that your DH dismissed the old list as “frilly” - to me, the names were spunky and not too frilly at all. [name_f]Georgina[/name_f], [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucie[/name_f] are all frillier in my opinion.

[name_f]Georgina[/name_f]: I’m not a fan of [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] or [name_u]Georgie[/name_u]. I slightly prefer [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] but that’s probably even frillier. I do however have a lovely friend called [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] who goes by [name_f]Gini[/name_f] “JEE-nee”, which I think is great.

[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]: I quite like both names separately, but together I’m just not loving it. It’s nice to have a more feminine middle to balance out a unisex fn, but [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] are just SO different in style and feel that it’s a bit of a clash.

[name_f]Lucie[/name_f] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]: I don’t like [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]/[name_f]Lucie[/name_f] (or [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] or [name_f]Lucille[/name_f] for that matter) - I find the sounds in them weak and hissy. I like [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] more for some reason, and I love the pp’s suggestion of [name_f]Luna[/name_f]. Might I also suggest [name_f]Livy[/name_f] or [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] for something similar but a bit less popular? [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] is nice and I do like it in the middle with a feminine fn.

[name_u]Sage[/name_u] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]: [name_u]Sage[/name_u] is nms, but as a combo I quite like it. It’s quirky and classic in one.

Maxe [name_f]Margot[/name_f]: [name_f]Margot[/name_f] is lovely but I’m really, really not a fan of Maxe. It’s a double-whammy of kre8iv spelling and boy’s name on a girl - too trendy and will date badly [name_f]IMO[/name_f]. I prefer [name_u]Max[/name_u], but I think you’d get some confused reactions to this.

[name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]: [name_f]Freya[/name_f] is pretty and strong, but [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is just so plain and boring in the middle. [name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] would be better or something more interesting like [name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Madelief[/name_f].

Curious mind over here wants to know what was on your old list that got vetoed! lol

It’s in one of my previous threads!

[name_f]Georgina[/name_f] “[name_u]Georgie[/name_u]”
I really like [name_f]Georgina[/name_f]. It’s a nice name. I would pair it with a feminine, classic, middle name.
[name_f]Georgina[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgina[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgina[/name_f] [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgina[/name_f] [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgina[/name_f] [name_f]Camille[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgina[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgina[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgina[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgina[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgina[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgina[/name_f] [name_f]Laurel[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgina[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgina[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]

[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]
I like [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], but I don’t like it with [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]. The names don’t match, they’re two different styles. [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] is trendy and hip, [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] is dramatic classy.

[name_f]Lucie[/name_f] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
Fun, hip, stylish, I like it! [name_f]Lucie[/name_f] is cute, yet [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] is spunky and unexpected.

[name_u]Sage[/name_u] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
I like it, it’s the opposite of [name_f]Lucie[/name_f] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] for me. [name_u]Sage[/name_u] is spunky and unexpected, yet [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is cute and classic.

Maxe [name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Margot[/name_f], but not Maxe. I do not like names with extra letters or intentionally spelled a different way. [name_m]Mark[/name_m] Zuckerberg’s new daughter is [name_f]Maxima[/name_f] “[name_u]Max[/name_u]” and I find her name awesome. I really like [name_u]Max[/name_u] as a nickname for a girl.

Cute, I like it. Both names go very nicely together. Classic yet modern feel.