New list. Would like opinions.

Ok, hubby and I sat down last night and updated our list, and I’m pretty happy with it. They are in order from my favorite to my least favorite. I would like opinions please! Thank you in advance.

[name]Rosaelia[/name] ([name]Ro[/name]-zay-lee-uh) -he says it’s too long though and he likes [name]Rozlin[/name] better
[name]Rozlin[/name]/[name]Roslyn[/name] - we were both pretty happy with this, but unsure of the spelling
[name]Cadence[/name] - this has been on our list from the beginning
[name]Anastasia[/name] - he likes, but if Rozaelia is too long, isn’t this too long, too? Plus i don’t like the nn for this name
[name]Anissa[/name] - he adores this name. i like it, but i prefer all the other names over this one.

[name]Summer[/name] - he loves and I don’t like, but he’s keeping it on the list
[name]Cailyn[/name] - This is MY favorite, but he doesn’t like it. So since he’s keeping [name]Summer[/name] on, i’m keeping this on.

I think you should name her [name]Rosalind[/name] [name]June[/name].

[name]Rosalind[/name] is a great name - feminine and sophisticated and combines the elements of [name]Rosaelia[/name] and [name]Roslin[/name]. I suggested [name]June[/name] in the middle because it softens the name and has good flow, and because it might be a good alternative to your husband’s beloved [name]Summer[/name].

The middle name is most likely going to be [name]James[/name] after my husband’s brother who unexpectedly passed away. [name]Both[/name] me and my husband’s sister are having girls in [name]December[/name], we’re both going to honor him by having the middle name [name]James[/name] - well she wants [name]Jaymes[/name], but I’ve been advised by many on this site to keep it [name]James[/name].

I like [name]Anastasia[/name] [name]James[/name].

Another name you might consider is Anissia, similar to [name]Anissa[/name].

I also thought of [name]Rosalind[/name] when I saw your [name]Rozlyn[/name] – I know a [name]Rosalind[/name], and lots of people call her “[name]Roz[/name]” for short. Its a very pretty name, and sounds good with [name]James[/name]!

The middle name is most likely going to be [name]James[/name] after my husband’s brother who unexpectedly passed away. [name]Both[/name] me and my husband’s sister are having girls in [name]December[/name], we’re both going to honor him by having the middle name [name]James[/name] - well she wants [name]Jaymes[/name], but I’ve been advised by many on this site to keep it [name]James[/name].[/quote]

I’m sorry I missed that. I actually did see you post about the middle name [name]James[/name], but I didn’t remember that you were the same poster. I think using [name]James[/name] as the middle name to honor your brother-in-law is quite lovely.

I still like [name]Rosalind[/name] and I think [name]Rosalind[/name] [name]James[/name] has a great flow.

Is [name]Rosalind[/name] pronounced [name]Ro[/name]-sa-lin or [name]Roz[/name]-a-lin or [name]Roz[/name]-lin? I fear the pronounciation problems with this.

JLM - it’s quite alright. I don’t expect anyone to remember much about what I post. There are soooo many people that come and go. It’s not easy to remember things on here, especially with our hectic lives!
And thank you!

haha i find it very funny the thing with [name]Summer[/name]. My husband wanted that name sooooooo bad. Like from the beginning. and i HATED it. Well for him our first daughter was [name]Summer[/name] [name]Michelle[/name]. I the name grew on me, i like it know and i got to use names i liked later. So it worked. But from your list i like [name]Anastasia[/name] most. I think thats a gorgeous name!

I really like [name]Roslyn[/name] [name]James[/name].

[name]Rosaelia[/name] is also very pretty and more feminine, but [name]Roslyn[/name] is a little cooler.

I like [name]Rozlin[/name]. No confusion on pronounciation, and the “Z” looks good with the “Z” in your last name.

[name]Rosaelia[/name] ([name]Ro[/name]-zay-lee-uh): I’ve never heard this name before, but I’ve heard of [name]Rosalia[/name]. Wait! I see now that they’re the same name, but spelled differently. I love all [name]Rose[/name] names, but this one has a very morbid meaning, because it’s the name of a [name]Roman[/name] ceremony in which rose garlands are placed on tombs.

When I was little, I loved looking up the meaning of my name, and I know I would have been freaked out if [name]Jill[/name] were the name of a funeral ritual and associated with tombs.

[name]Do[/name] either of you like [name]Rosalie[/name], [name]Rosabelle[/name], or [name]Rosaline[/name]?

Despite its meaning, I do think that [name]Rosaelia[/name] has a pretty sound.

You may also like [name]Azalea[/name], another floral name.

I love the [name]Rosalind[/name] suggestion. (I think it’s meant to be pronounced Rah-za-lind.)

[name]Rozlin[/name]/[name]Roslyn[/name]: I prefer the softer [name]Roslyn[/name] spelling. (The z spelling looks trendy and “invented” to me.) I love [name]Rosalind[/name]!

[name]Cadence[/name]: I prefer some of the other names on your list.

[name]Anastasia[/name]: I really love this name. Out of curiosity, which nickname don’t you like? Ananstasia can be called [name]Annie[/name], [name]Anna[/name], [name]Stasia[/name], etc.

[name]Anissa[/name]: I think it’s pretty, but can already hear the “anus” jokes. :frowning:

[name]Summer[/name]: Not my style, but I can see its appeal.

[name]Cailyn[/name]: It feels pretty trendy to me because of its similarity to [name]Caitlin[/name]/[name]Katelyn[/name]/[name]Kaitlynn[/name]/[name]Kaylee[/name]/[name]Caylee[/name]/[name]Jaylee[/name]/[name]Jaylyn[/name]/[name]Braelyn[/name], etc.

From your list, I love [name]Anastasia[/name] and the [name]Rose[/name] names, especially [name]Rosalind[/name] [name]James[/name].

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

actually that’s my maiden. my married name is alot more common, so its easier to use my maiden name on things like this - that way i don’t need to figure out a user id! lol
I think the “Z”, the way it’s spelled - [name]Rozlin[/name] - is really what caught my husband’s eye.

What about [name]Rosemary[/name] or [name]Rosamund[/name]?
those are my favourite [name]Rose[/name] names.

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Jill[/name]!
I think that if I had wrote it down [name]Roslyn[/name], he wouldn’t have liked it at all. I think the “Z” is what grabbed his attention. Someone had mention it is really “old” sounding. But I told them that old names are starting to come back.
I really like [name]Rose[/name] names, too. I had a great grandmother named [name]Rose[/name], and I always knew that if I had a daughter, her mn would be [name]Rose[/name]. So, [name]Alanna[/name]'s mn is [name]Rose[/name]. But when hubby was asking about variations of [name]Rose[/name] the other night, I was completely shocked!!! I immediately came here and jotted down any variation I liked. [name]Rozlin[/name] and [name]Rosaelia[/name] are the 2 that he liked, but he likes [name]Rozlin[/name] much more. I just hope that he can let go of [name]Summer[/name].
[name]Anastasia[/name] - the nn I don’t like. All of them! [name]Anna[/name], [name]Annie[/name], [name]Staci[/name], [name]Asia[/name], [name]Tasia[/name]. The only thing I MIGHT be able to deal with is [name]Stasia[/name] (Stay-with the cia sound of [name]Asia[/name]). But my sis-in-law said stay away from it b/c i can’t control what people will call her when she gets older.

I really like [name]Rose[/name] names, but when i gave a list to my hubby… those where the only ones he liked.

Aha! So [name]Anastasia[/name] is out for you then! :slight_smile: I’m really happily surprised that he asked about [name]Rose[/name] names! Wow! :slight_smile: [name]How[/name] do you feel about using a [name]Rose[/name] name up front with [name]Rose[/name] being [name]Alanna[/name]'s middle name?

Your grandma’s name was [name]Rose[/name]? You’re so lucky! :slight_smile: It’s one of my favorite names in the world. :slight_smile:

Are you two leaning toward one of the names more than the others now?

I hope you’re doing well! :slight_smile:

[name]Tansy[/name] can be used for Anastastia! [name]Love[/name] it!

actually that’s my maiden. my married name is alot more common, so its easier to use my maiden name on things like this - that way i don’t need to figure out a user id! lol
I think the “Z”, the way it’s spelled - [name]Rozlin[/name] - is really what caught my husband’s eye.[/quote]

Oops, I was completely wiped out when I wrote that, and later thought: that’s not her last name…that’s her screen name! So much for the twin “z” suggestion.

[name]Jill[/name]:
[name]Anastasia[/name] is very pretty. I just can’t get past the nn thing. [name]Even[/name] the [name]Tansy[/name] that Kashed suggested isn’t right for me.

Yes, my great grandmother was [name]Rose[/name], she passed when I was 10. And she LOVED roses. When she passed we knew she was around b/c we would get a scent of roses!

I never even looked at [name]Rose[/name] names b/c of [name]Alanna[/name]'s mn being [name]Rose[/name]. But then he suggested it, so I just went with it. But really, how often do we actually use a middle name? Other than graduations, legal purposes, and when your trying to get your child’s attention… almost never. So I guess it wouldn’t be too big of a deal.

I like [name]Rosaelia[/name] more than [name]Rozlin[/name]. It seems like he likes [name]Rozlin[/name] more. But I think [name]Rozlin[/name] might be better suited for her entire life, and will go better with [name]Jacob[/name] and [name]Alanna[/name]. Plus [name]Rosaelia[/name] I already see as having pronounciatin issues. My first name is [name]Raquel[/name], and I have ALWAYS had pronounciation issues. I constantly get called [name]Rachel[/name] and [name]Rachelle[/name]/[name]Rochelle[/name]. [name]Even[/name] when I tell someone my name, they’ll pronounce it wrong, so then I say “no, like [name]Raquel[/name] [name]Welch[/name]”. Then they get it!!! So I really don’t want that for any of my kids!

I like these 2 better than any other name on our list (except for [name]Cailyn[/name], but I’m accepting that he doesn’t want that name). I just hope that he keeps his enthusiasm up towards one of these names, too! Two people have said the name [name]Rozlin[/name] sounds like an old person’s name. He only knows one person said it, and he said “well, what does she know!?” He was very offended. The other person was his sister - she said it to me. I didn’t tell him b/c he takes her advice and opinions to heart, as they are very close. I don’t want her opinion to affect his decision.

I am doing well! Thank you. [name]Hope[/name] all is well with you too!!!

SloppyArt:
Hahaha! That’s quit alright!!! I probably would have assumed that was my last name too. And it is, just not my current last name.