New Loves- Ayla & Kaia

New names I just added to the list wdyt?

[name]Ayla[/name] for me just is part of that double-syllable-long-a trend that’s run rampant ([name]Kayla[/name], [name]Jayda[/name], [name]Brayden[/name], [name]Caydence[/name], etc). I’m assuming that’s ay-luh rather than eh-la or eye-la.

[name]Kaia[/name] isn’t really my style, but definitely prefer it to [name]Ayla[/name].

[name]Kaia[/name] feels trendy to me, and to avoid pronunciation issues with [name]Ayla[/name], I’d personally go with [name]Isla[/name], although it’s becoming popular.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

As much as I really do love the way these names sounds [name]Ayla[/name] (ay-luh) and [name]Kaia[/name] (keye-uh) I have to agree that they walk the trendy line. [name]How[/name] about using them for a middle?

I agree with a previous poster about [name]Ayla[/name], it does remind me of the recent kayla, etc trend. [name]How[/name] about [name]Aria[/name]?

I like [name]Kaia[/name], though. I went to pre-school with a girl called [name]Kaia[/name] and I don’t think I’ve heard of a [name]Kaia[/name] since then, but it’s still familiar because of the other K names. Another name you may like is Keala - I fell in love with this years ago when I first read it (Keala Kenelly is a surf pro) and then forgot it, until it came up again the other day. I think it’s Hawaiian, although I’m not sure.

A couple of other ideas:
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Keelin[/name]
[name]Aya[/name]

I love [name]Ayla[/name]. I have a little girl named [name]Ayla[/name], when we named her it was in the 700’s on the social security name list (so it wasn’t too popular), two weeks later American Idol started and there was a girl named [name]Ayla[/name] [name]Brown[/name] who made it to the top 13. That year it JUMPED to 265 on the social security list!!! So we were a little disappointed at that, there will be a whole bunch of little [name]Ayla[/name]'s running around exactly our daughters age!

But at the same time, most people we run into comment on it being unique and pretty. She likes her name, it’s easy for her to spell and say. We still love it.

Are you pronouncing [name]Ayla[/name] like Eye-la or Ay-la? I see it as Eye-la, an alternative spelling to [name]Isla[/name], and I think it’s very pretty. I don’t like the pronunciation Ay-la quite as much, but it’s okay.

I love the name [name]Kaia[/name]. It’s not trendy at all. It’s familiar because of the [name]Kayla[/name] trend, but it’s not very popular in the US, is a name that is used in many cultures and has an exotic feel to it. Strong, exotic, and feminine. [name]Love[/name] it!