New Name Advice

Advice for my potential new name

I have always wanted to change my name, but every time I choose a name, after a few months, I would change my mind about it. I am more serious about changing my name now and I have two names I like but I am not sure if they fit me. I am also a bit concerned that I may change my mind about them. I have heard them before and didn’t like them but now I love the names, which are [name_f]Oona[/name_f] and Matilda/Matilde. I love names that are not common and I am a shy person who loves to read, learn about history and other cultures. I am considering changing my name to either:

1.Oona [name_f]Matilde[/name_f]
2. [name_f]Oona[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
3. [name_f]Oona[/name_f] [name_f]Matilde[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f]
4. [name_f]Oona[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f]

[name_f]My[/name_f] last name begins with a W and is one syllable. [name_f]Frances[/name_f] is my grandmother’s name, which I don’t like but am willing to keep in memory of my grnamother. Please let me know what you think or give some advice.

Thank you!

If it where me, I would change [name_f]Frances[/name_f] to [name_f]Francine[/name_f], and go [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Francine[/name_f] So many nn options here, just in case.

Any reason you don’t consider [name_f]Oona[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f]?

[name_f]Oona[/name_f] is lovely! [name_f]Oona[/name_f] [name_f]Matilde[/name_f] is my favourite, but I like [name_f]Oona[/name_f] [name_f]Matilde[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] if you want to honour your grandmother!

1 Like

I hate the name [name_f]Frances[/name_f]. The only reason I am considering keeping it is to avoid the grief my mother will give me for changing my name.