New puppy - need help naming

Hello :slight_smile: Super excited to bring home my brand new pupper this weekend.
She is a dalmatian, with one blue eye.

I would love to name her something sky related (a subtle nod to my [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] obsession) but nothing I’ve found there feels quite right.
Would also potentially be into something to do with her eyes… names that mean twin/blue etc?
Something feminine but not fluffy/girly. Elegant more like. Not in love with human names for dogs for the most part… but meh :smiley:
We live in Europe currently so nothing that can only be pronounced in english :frowning: (i know this is a strange one… just think thick accents when u think of a name and youll know haha)

Mostly I have no idea and am starting to freak out shell remain nameless forever :smiley:

Some names Ive though of that dont feel quite right to inspire you:
Nova
Leda
Helia (lia)
Andromeda (Meda)
Calla
Indie

Would love all the help! :)))

3 Likes

What about [name_f]Stella[/name_f]?

How about [name_u]Ciel[/name_u]? (see-EL, “sky” in [name_u]French[/name_u]) It’s pretty, simple and easy to pronounce across many languages.

What about:

Mira
[name_f]Ursa[/name_f]
[name_f]Naia[/name_f]
[name_u]Cyan[/name_u]
[name_f]Vela[/name_f] (plus a little nod to the Veelas in HP)

Mira?

I love [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f] & [name_u]Nova[/name_u]!

Maybe [name_f]Alba[/name_f]? It literally means [name_u]Sunrise[/name_u] in Spanish, while also sounding very close to [name_m]Albus[/name_m].

[name_f]Hedwig[/name_f]
[name_u]Raven[/name_u] or Ravenclaw or [name_f]Rowena[/name_f]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f]
Moony
[name_m]Alistair[/name_m]/Astoria for Moodys Magical eye reference!
[name_f]Demelza[/name_f]
[name_u]Phoenix[/name_u]
Patronus
[name_f]Ariana[/name_f]
Lumos!

[name_f]Azula[/name_f]
[name_f]Twyla[/name_f]
[name_f]Pixie[/name_f]
[name_u]Indigo[/name_u]
[name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]
[name_f]Skyla[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f]