New Question: New Name Ideas for Baby Kick

Hello Again Everyone! I have been absent for a while now, and have spent time thinking hard about our name options. While [name]Cosette[/name] is definitely my top choice (by far!), DH and I have added a few more names to our short list, and I wanted to bounce them off you. Here’s our short list:

[name]Cosette[/name]
[name]Erin[/name] - DH’s fav
[name]Shannon[/name] - DH’s fav
[name]Elizabeth[/name] - new
[name]Renee[/name]/[name]Renae[/name] - new
[name]River[/name] - new

The middle name, at this point, will be either [name]Elizabeth[/name] or [name]Annabel[/name], depending on which first name we choose. We nixed the idea of using one of my grandmother’s names, as none of them greatly appeal to us. We are open to suggestions, though!

Last name sounds similar to Kick, for those who don’t know.

I’d love your input! Thanks!

[name]Cosette[/name]: I think this is very pretty…
[name]Erin[/name]: I know so many sweet Erins, but the name feels very dated to me. Does he like [name]Bronwyn[/name]?
[name]Shannon[/name]: [name]Shannon[/name] feels dated to me, too. Does he like [name]Rhiannon[/name]?
[name]Elizabeth[/name]: I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]! You may also like [name]Eliza[/name]…
[name]Renee[/name]/[name]Renae[/name]: [name]Renee[/name] feels kind of dated to me. I’d definitely spell it [name]Renee[/name].
[name]River[/name]: Whoa! This one is different from your other names, [name]Cosette[/name] included. :slight_smile: I can see [name]River[/name]'s appeal, but [name]River[/name] Kick sounds pretty “ih” heavy to me when I say it out loud.

You may use [name]Annabel[/name] in the middle? I can’t remember, but have you thought about it as a first name? I think that [name]Annabel[/name] Kick sounds gorgeous!

I’m sorry if these have already been suggested:

Names that remind me of [name]Erin[/name] and [name]Shannon[/name]:

[name]Aveline[/name]
[name]Bronwyn[/name]
[name]Eden[/name]
[name]Flannery[/name]
[name]Delaney[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name] (Oops…not with Kick)
[name]Rosaleen[/name]
[name]Rhiannon[/name]

Names like [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Annabel[/name]:

[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Diana[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Eleanora[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name]

I hope you’re doing well, [name]Amaryllis[/name]! :slight_smile:

Take care!

Oh, [name]Jill[/name]! You hit on so many of my favorite names, [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Eleanor[/name], especially! If DH didn’t HATE them (his words), I would use them in a heartbeat. And yes, [name]Rhiannon[/name] is one of his favorites, but he has already named a pet this, so I cannot use it on our daughter.

I am considering [name]Annabel[/name] as a first name, but I don’t think DH would go for it. I’m working it in, though!

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions!

[name]Cosette[/name] is my favorite out of your list. I also really like [name]Elizabeth[/name], but it’s very popular. [name]Shannon[/name], [name]Erin[/name], and [name]Renee[/name] I find to be really dated. [name]River[/name] honestly sounds kind of ridiculous on a child, especially a girl. Here are some suggestions:

[name]Maeve[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Rhiannon[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Helen[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Shona[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Nicolette[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]

[name]Esme[/name] [name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name] [name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Serena[/name] [name]Annabel[/name]

Thanks, Irisrose! [name]Cosette[/name] is definitely my favorite, and, truth be told, what I am calling the baby already! I am trying to keep options open, and trying to keep an open mind - just in case. I appreciate your feedback!

You’re welcome! He hates [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Eleanor[/name]? Really? As [name]Rica[/name] (nameberry poster) would say, “Boo!” :frowning:

I love [name]Annabel[/name] so much, and think it’s amazing with your last name.

(Subliminal message for [name]Amaryllis[/name]’ husband: You [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Annabel[/name]…And what do you know? You’re also loving [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Emmeline[/name] these days!) :slight_smile: Let me know if it worked. :slight_smile:

Another name I just thought of is [name]Cecilia[/name]. [name]Cecilia[/name] Kick. Were you considering that earlier?

Have a good night! :slight_smile:

[name]Jill[/name] - I flat out snorted I was laughing so hard when I read your post! That was the best response!

I will keep working on [name]Annabel[/name], although I must admit that I still like [name]Cosette[/name] more. I will keep it in mind as a viable alternative for the first name, though!

No, I have never considered [name]Cecilia[/name] before now. I will have to think about this one - it is very pretty, feminine, balances out our last name, so I think it may be a great option. Thanks for the suggestion!

French name

[name]Cosette[/name] [name]Do[/name] you realise that [name]Cosette[/name] sounds like closet? It would make me rethink this one, perhaps [name]Babette[/name] or [name]Bettina[/name] would appeal to you instead?

From [name]France[/name] to [name]Ireland[/name]

I feel that [name]Erin[/name] and [name]Shannon[/name] are dated choices although they are pretty enough. I would prefer [name]Freya[/name], and I love [name]Siobahn[/name]. At a stretch I may use [name]Emerald[/name] in the mn spot.

[name]Elizabeth[/name] - Yes, I agree that [name]Elizabeth[/name] is hugely popular but to me it is dated and old. I would choose [name]Eliza[/name] or [name]Elise[/name] or even [name]Lisa[/name] over [name]Elizabeth[/name].

Back to [name]France[/name] again

[name]Renee[/name] I like this spelling the best but feel that this pretty name is a little dated and more suitable in the mn spot, although I love [name]Renee[/name] [name]Skye[/name].

[name]River[/name] - Eek! For a girl? Please don’t do it!

I would choose [name]Annabel[/name] over [name]Elizabeth[/name] any day it is all style, femininity and class and so today. I really feel that [name]Elizabeth[/name] is boring.

Suggestions

[name]Sylvie[/name] [name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name] [name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Siobahn[/name] [name]Ita[/name]
[name]Freya[/name] [name]Kathleen[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Fern[/name]
[name]Bellamy[/name] [name]Anne[/name] (this is [name]Anna[/name] [name]Bel[/name] back to front)

[name]Rollo[/name],

Thank you for your input. I agree with you that many of the names on the list are dated, but they are DH’s absolute favorites, and have been for years despite attempts to find alternatives. I feel that I must give them due consideration. And as for [name]Elizabeth[/name], yes, it is the most “popular” choice on our list, but it appeals to us in many other ways.

The fact that [name]Cosette[/name] is roughly similar to “closet” doesn’t bother me. We live in the United States, and we don’t have terms like WC in common use. There are much worse comparisons out there! :slight_smile:

[name]Don[/name]'t worry - I’m not sure that [name]River[/name] is going to make the final cut. It is our “out there” option, but each of us like other names on the list more!

I do appreciate your suggestions, too! By all accounts they would seem like they would fit, however, they are names we have considered before and cannot use for one reason or another.

Thanks again for your help! It’s great to hear what people think of these names!

[name]Cosette[/name] is beautiful, as is [name]Cecelia[/name]. What about [name]Celia[/name]? I think [name]Elizabeth[/name] is a beautiful middle name compliment to all of those.

[name]Cosette[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Cecelia[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Celia[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]

<3

Seiwf and [name]Jill[/name] - I think [name]Cecilia[/name] and [name]Celia[/name] are beautiful names, and they sound wonderful with our last name. Unfortunately, the meaning “blind one” is a deal breaker. The meaning of names is very important to us, and does outweigh any other attributes. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

My niece is [name]Cosette[/name]. Beautiful pick!!!

Tindrisek, do you mind me asking what your niece is called? Is she simply [name]Cosette[/name], or does she have a nickname?

The only [name]Cosette[/name] I’ve met went by Cosi (Cozy) and I loved it! I’ve also heard people suggest Co/[name]Cos[/name] and [name]Etta[/name] as nicknames.

I do like the idea of longer, softer first names with your last name. [name]Cosette[/name] is very cute and does NOT sound like or rhyme with closet – the o is long and the emphasis is on the last syllable.

[name]How[/name] about [name]Lisette[/name]? Or [name]Cosima[/name]? or Elisabette or [name]Elisabetta[/name]? [name]Love[/name] [name]Annabel[/name], and you might also think of [name]Annabella[/name] or [name]Arabella[/name]. You can really get away with these longer, more elaborate and feminine first names with your short simple surname – lucky you!

I though you would want to know that the name [name]Celia[/name] doesn’t actually come from [name]Cecilia[/name], and it’s a separate name meaning “heaven”-- a much nicer meaning than “blind one”. [name]Celia[/name] Kick is gorgeous!

Thanks for your long reply.

I understand how names can be long term favourites so

I would like

[name]Shannon[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], I think that this has a lovely sound

also

[name]Cecelia[/name] [name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Cecelia[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Cecelia[/name] [name]Jane[/name]

Best wishes

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Pam[/name] I understand the correct pronunciation of [name]Cosette[/name] but the reason that I mentioned it was that there will be many out there who will not know how to say it correctly and this may have been an unforeseen problem by the parents, so I though it was worth mentioning. I am glad to hear that they are not concerned with this angle.

Irisrose, thanks for correcting me on the meaning of [name]Celia[/name]. I will pass this one by my husband! As a mom of a toddler, though, I first think of the girlfriend of [name]Mike[/name] Wisowksi (sp?) on Monsters, Inc. I will try my best to get past this association, as [name]Celia[/name] is a beautiful name!

[name]Pam[/name], thank you for the suggestions of [name]Annabella[/name] and Elisabette. I love them so much, and have been trying to find a name in this genre. Unfortunately, as you can tell from my husband’s choices, my getting a long, feminine name on the short list is near impossible! [name]Cosette[/name] is the closest name that has made it past the DH veto process!

[name]Rollo[/name], I agree that [name]Shannon[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] is a very pretty name! There is an actress by this name, and I know a [name]Shannon[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] personally that gets comments all the time about having the same name as the actress. Does [name]Shannon[/name] [name]Annabel[/name]/[name]Annabella[/name] sound OK?

If I were to use the name [name]Cecelia[/name], I would add the middle name [name]Faith[/name]. Then the meaning of the name combo would be blind faith. I think that
blind faith has a positive meaning.
I never knew that [name]Celia[/name] is a different name than [name]Cecelia[/name] and has a different meaning. Thanks for letting us know!

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Amaryllis[/name]! So, did it work? Is he loving [name]Clementine[/name], [name]Emmeline[/name], and [name]Annabel[/name] now? :slight_smile: I was half asleep when I posted, so I totally forgot about [name]Cosette[/name]. :slight_smile: I’m really happy that you found a name you love so much. :slight_smile:

I do love [name]Celia[/name] Kick, and think you have a great list! :slight_smile:

Take care! :slight_smile: