See the results of this poll: Please pick your favourites

Respondents: 122 (This poll is closed)

• Alfred : 21 (11%)
  • Richard : 15 (8%)
  • Nathaniel : 70 (38%)
  • Vincent : 59 (32%)
  • Edgar : 18 (10%)
  • Other suggestion: 3 (2%)

[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m], [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_m]Henry[/name_m], [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] are my favorites.
I don’t think of [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] as being villainous at all. To me it’s definitely a place name and makes me think of crisp, bright, winter day.
Also [name_m]Harry[/name_m] has been steadily growing on me. The rest are alright but not really my style, though I do like [name_u]Sal[/name_u] as a nickname!

I love:

[name_m]Vincent[/name_m]
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]

Thanks! I also really like [name_u]Sal[/name_u]. Perhaps there are other names it could work for?

The ones I like are [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m], [name_m]Vincent[/name_m], and [name_m]Salvatore[/name_m]

[name_m]Alfred[/name_m] is a little too grandpa to me, though [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] is an adorable nickname
[name_m]Richard[/name_m] seems even less usable than [name_m]Alfred[/name_m] - [name_m]Alfred[/name_m] is old fashioned but among those that are coming back. [name_m]Richard[/name_m] is still that ‘adult man’ name that isnt quite ready to make a comeback yet
I really like [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m], especially with [name_m]Nate[/name_m] as a nickname.
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m] just makes me think of a very bad character that used to be in my favourite tv show.
[name_m]Edgar[/name_m] is like [name_m]Alfred[/name_m], though I think I like it a little more…
[name_m]Salvatore[/name_m] seems a little too ‘out there’ for me.
[name_m]Clement[/name_m] makes me think of either an overly posh boy or the female [name_f]Clementine[/name_f].
I’ve known too many bad [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]'s to make me like it!
I love [name_m]Henry[/name_m] but it is becoming so popular!
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] is definitely my favourite of yours! You could even use [name_m]Leonard[/name_m] as a longer version, it seems to fit your style.
I like [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] on a person but SO had a cat with this name so I guess I can see it that way too!

Thanks again for feedback. It seems I have really old-fashioned taste! I’m also a fan of [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m].

I love [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] and [name_m]Vincent[/name_m]. I should have given [name_m]Edgar[/name_m] a vote too, as I really like him too. My favorites are [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_m]Jasper[/name_m].

I chose [name_m]Vincent[/name_m]. While I do like the name - it’s not very popular, but known, it’s not terribly dated, and I could see it on a young child or a much older man - I have a very bad personal association with this name. With that being said I think it goes very well with [name_u]James[/name_u] and [name_m]Watson[/name_m], perhaps both?! [name_m]Watson[/name_m] is an old name in my family tree and I love it!

I adore [name_m]Vincent[/name_m]. It’s a downright unappreciated classic, with lots of appeal. Other awesome nicknames, besides [name_u]Vinny[/name_u]: [name_m]Fin[/name_m], [name_m]Vance[/name_m], and [name_m]Enzo[/name_m] {from [name_m]Vincenzo[/name_m]}. I also like [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m], [name_m]Salvatore[/name_m], and [name_m]Leo[/name_m] from your choices, and think [name_m]Richard[/name_m], [name_m]Clement[/name_m], and [name_m]Edgar[/name_m] would make nice middles.

@emsky: I added your vote for [name_m]Edgar[/name_m]! [name_f]Glad[/name_f] to see I’m not the only fan.

I like [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m], [name_m]Vincent[/name_m], [name_m]Salvatore[/name_m], [name_m]Jasper[/name_m], [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m]

[name_m]Jasper[/name_m] I don’t think is a cat name.

However, I see cat names as a plus.

[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] or [name_m]Vincent[/name_m]

Thank you. I’m not surprised that [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] is popular, but it’s great to see that so many of you also like [name_m]Vincent[/name_m].

I also picked [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]–it’s a solid and mature classic that surprisingly isn’t lightweight despite the sounds it consists of.

I really like the combination of [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_m]Watson[/name_m]!

From the poll I voted for [name_m]Vincent[/name_m].
I prefer from your runners up list [name_m]Jasper[/name_m], [name_m]Salvatore[/name_m] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m].

[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m].

I like [name_m]Richard[/name_m] but not with [name_u]James[/name_u] or [name_m]Watson[/name_m].

Thanks again! Nice to see more votes coming for [name_m]Edgar[/name_m].

I like: [name_m]Alfred[/name_m] (and [name_m]Fred[/name_m]/[name_u]Freddie[/name_u]), [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] (nn [name_u]Nat[/name_u] for me), [name_m]Clement[/name_m], [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_m]Henry[/name_m], [name_m]Leo[/name_m], [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] (not a villain name!) and [name_m]Jack[/name_m].

I dislike: [name_m]Vincent[/name_m], [name_m]Edgar[/name_m] (I like [name_m]Edward[/name_m], [name_m]Edwin[/name_m] and especially [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] though) and [name_m]Salvatore[/name_m].

[name_m]Richard[/name_m] I can’t decide either way.