(New) Teaser Game!

“I know, Daddy.” The princess placed a fresh canvas on her easel and began to paint something new.

“What have you settled on?”

“It’s a woman ripping her own heart out of her chest.”

“Will there ever come a day when you paint something… normal?”

Cordelia snorted, “So much criticism from a man too afraid to use any color at all.”

“I’m not afraid of color,” countered her father, “I simply prefer to sketch with charcoal on paper.”

“If you say so.”

“You sound like your mother, you know. She’s always telling me I’m afraid of color. Been telling me that for years, now.”

“Hey, you married her.”

Next word: color

3 Likes

It was almost funny, really, how a few simple words could drain all colour from all these faces. [name_m]Even[/name_m] my own sister was gazing at me in total shock, and she’d already heard all this stuff before.

Next: drain

2 Likes

Gabe’s father was a local blacksmith, and though he did well for himself, the prince knew that paying for a college education was a sizable financial drain on the family.

Next word: father

1 Like

“I-I’ll go get my father, he’s a vet, he’ll know what to do, you guys wait here and keep an eye on her, alright?” [name_u]Penny[/name_u] barely finished her sentence before she was off sprinting towards the farmhouse.

Next word: sprint

1 Like

[name_u]Everett[/name_u] was closing the gap between them at an alarming rate and would soon overtake her if she didn’t do something about it. She tried accelerating, but ultimately found that her legs could sprint no faster.

Next: fast

1 Like

“So, we’re going to run as fast as we can to [name_m]Antonin[/name_m], then run inside?” [name_m]Bradford[/name_m] asked, almost mockingly.

“Do you have a better idea?” I challenged.

next: mock

1 Like

[name_m]Lord[/name_m] [name_m]Viator[/name_m] paused and when he gave her a pitying look, it hurt so much more than those of her roommates. Maybe it was the half-robotic face, but it didn’t seem real. It was mocking.

Next: pity

1 Like

[name_f]Melody[/name_f] watched in amusement as [name_m]Lance[/name_m] grunted and struggled to move the rowboat back to the lake. Silently, she allowed the poor boy to suffer, until she finally took pity on him and asked one simple question.

“Um, Lance?”

“Hmmm?”

“Why not just use that boat?” [name_f]Melody[/name_f] pointed toward the water. “It’s still sitting there on the sand.”

Next: point

1 Like

She felt like a child, a silly toddler that had pointless fears, who needed their mummy to hold on to them. But she was alone, and she’d be damned if she showed these people how weak she really was.

next: fear

2 Likes

[name_u]Dylan[/name_u] gulped, as Sam’s piercing blue eyes seemed to zero in on him. His fears were confirmed, when [name_u]Sam[/name_u] slowly began stalking directly toward the young prince. As the captain finally reached [name_u]Dylan[/name_u], he stretched out his hand and brushed some specks of dirt off the boy’s uniform shoulder – his expression conveyed an unmistakably profound disappointment.

Next word: disappoint

1 Like

“Wonderful, guess I’ll just be an even bigger disappointment then.” He spat, rising to his feet, and storming towards a direction which was decidedly not their cabin.

Next word: wonderful

1 Like

Grinning back at her, [name_m]Xavier[/name_m] asked. “So, that Father [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] is really something, isn’t he?”

“I think he’s wonderful.” [name_u]Hali[/name_u] giggled.

Next: giggle

2 Likes

[name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] managed a small smile and couldn’t help but giggle about her boyfriend’s eating habits. “You’re right, [name_m]Lui[/name_m]. Thank you.”

Next word: habit

1 Like

“Goodness, [name_m]Xavier[/name_m]! [name_f]Do[/name_f] you remember when we were first married? You were such an early bird - there’s a marked difference in your habits now.”

Next: remember

2 Likes

There was a girl, my mother would whisper, who was of marrying age but still braided flowers in her hair. She liked their sweet, calming smell, the smell of fresh rain and morning mist over the sea. And so did the boy, for the two soon fell in love and wed.
Did he tell her why he was running? If he loved her? I remember asking while rubbing a flower between my fingers, one I had pulled from Maman’s charcoal locks.
She’d smile. He was entitled to his secrets. He still is.

Next: rain

1 Like

The rain started as a light drizzle when Laura got out of school for the day. It started picking up as she walked home. Luckily the girl had her umbrella ready by the time a heavy downpour occurred. Laura ran as fast as she could to avoid getting drenched. At last, she ran into her friends’ hangout, glad to finally find shelter for the time being.

Next word: shelter

1 Like

As he spoke the words, the sky opened up, showering them with wide, fat droplets of cold water. [name_f]Corliss[/name_f] stood in all her naked glory, the act of covering up seemingly never crossing her mind. Within minutes, the droplets transformed into a heavy downpour. [name_m]Ernest[/name_m] quickly scanned their surroundings, in search of a suitable place to seek shelter. So far, the guard didn’t see anything promising.

Next: transform

1 Like

Andragoras groaned after seeing the title of his wife’s book. “You and your book club are discussing The Notebook? That book sucks.”

Tahamine, having been preoccupied with getting snacks and drinks ready for her meeting, slammed the Coke bottle she was holding on the kitchen table. Slowly, she turned towards her husband, glaring daggers at him while getting out a pen and paper and jotting a note down. Andragoras gulped when he saw Tahamine slowly transform into a werewolf.

“Uh…Tahamine…take it easy…” Andragoras then screamed when his were-wife chased him out of the house.

Next word: groan

1 Like

“All right,” [name_u]Hali[/name_u] groaned. “I must get to my study. [name_f]My[/name_f] paperwork can’t wait a moment longer - and that’s no exaggeration. Besides, you need to prepare for your meeting with the Board.”

Next: prepare

1 Like

“Prepare for your ultimate demise!” [name_f]Laura[/name_f] said excitedly. She then blew Ash’s character’s head off with a plasma grenade.

“D’oh!” [name_u]Ash[/name_u] said while grinning.

“Victory is mine!” [name_f]Laura[/name_f] exclaimed and jumped up and down with glee, her brown braids bouncing as she did so.

Next word: ultimate

2 Likes