(New) Teaser Game!

Much perturbed by this point, [name_m]Orson[/name_m] produced an unearthly growl in the back of his throat. Things certainly were not working out according to his ultimate design.

Next: growl

1 Like

As [name_u]Luca[/name_u] pulled her hand away from the window, gazing at it in a sudden panic, [name_f]Alette[/name_f] swore she could hear a growling sound behind them. Which wasn’t brilliant, because the only exit to their room was also behind them.
And it wasn’t like their room was huge, either.

Next: exit

2 Likes

[name_m]Roderich[/name_m] turned to look at [name_m]Ludwig[/name_m] and rolled his eyes. “No way. This seat is next to the emergency exit. Someone responsible needs to sit here, and that’s not you, you [name_m]German[/name_m] moron.”

Next word: emergency

1 Like

“It’s an emergency-”

“Of course it is, you wouldn’t have called me otherwise.”

“Oh come on, don’t be-”

“Save it, what do you need?”

Next word: save

1 Like

“You could be working to save yourself, Master, but instead you are allowing the princess to fall further in love with that inferior human day by day.”

Next: day

Those evenings were always cool, the salty sting of sea spray dotting my cheeks as I copied Papa, swinging the short sword as hard as I could. She might need protection one day, [name_f]Charis[/name_f], and that is what siblings do. In return, she will offer you the strength you need to go on.
I laughed and spun in circles with my xiphos outstretched. I will be strong, Papa! [name_u]Strong[/name_u] and brave. Pelipa’s so small. I will give her strength.

Next: spray

They rushed past snow-covered trees, as the sleigh’s runners sprayed a long trail of slush behind them. The night was pitch black, and though [name_m]Xavier[/name_m] had the foresight to light a lamp, and set it between them, [name_u]Hali[/name_u] could hardly see more than a few feet ahead of her.

Next: between

Yunna’s stomach curled up into a tight lump. She swallowed. Matvey’s family was rich and powerful, almost as rich and powerful as hers. They had been born in the same year and had started school together, so many thought that at least a friendship would develop between them. However, those hopes were not destined to come true.

Next word: night

1 Like

“You need to get married,” he finally repeated in a clearly suspicious tone. “Now? In the middle of the night?”

Next: middle

This was going to be the sixteenth tomb I’d raided.
From the surface, it looked just like all the others my father had found in this stretch of the Phonenn desert: a shaft carved out of crumbling rock that was far too narrow for my liking. The stone was absent of any inscriptions, a deliberate choice made by the ancient Elebians in the hopes of disguising the entrance as an unimportant quarry shaft or aquifer water well. [name_u]Or[/name_u] whatever other purpose they had for random tunnels in the middle of deserts.

Next: tomb

“Liadain, you look like you just walked out of a tomb,” [name_m]Lorcan[/name_m] frowned. “Or into one. You alright?”
“I thought the phrase was ‘you look like you’ve seen a ghost’?” [name_f]Aislinn[/name_f] muttered.
“Well, yeah, but I’m creative like that, you know.”

Next: creative

2 Likes

“My sister was the best part of my growing up,” she began, voice already shaking. “Creative and spunky, she gave me the life that I was too cautious to have.”

next: cautious

[name_m]Xavier[/name_m] watched as [name_u]Hali[/name_u] cautiously leaned forward to pick up a slice of toast. First, she inspected both sides of the bread, before tapping it on the side of the plate. He supposed the toast passed muster, because she simply shrugged and bit in.

Next word: inspect

I found it soon after, ignoring Fletcher’s sudden, supposedly inconspicuous glances at the uniforms hanging on the walls, the doorway to the bathroom, the books perched on the edge of Red’s bed. Reclining against the wall, I flipped through it. [name_m]Fletcher[/name_m] hesitated before sliding down next to me.
“I hope you gained a decent understanding of how cell inspections work. Eventually, once you can be trusted, you’ll lead them on your own,” I said, turning the page.
He let out a snort. “You assume the people here actually trust each other.”
“You’d be surprised.”

Next: inconspicuous

The guard circled around to where [name_f]Corliss[/name_f] knelt with her nose just inches away from the rock formations. [name_m]Ernest[/name_m] hovered over her and wondered what could possibly be so interesting about a cluster of completely ordinary rocks. They were gray, and round, and speckled. Completely inconspicuous to the beholder. But [name_m]Ernest[/name_m] had more pressing issues on his mind, and he did not care to inspect some average stones. He tuned his ears back to the storm, and by the sounds of it, the pitter-patter of the rain was beginning to die down. Relieved, [name_m]Ernest[/name_m] was hopeful they would soon be able to repel down the mountain and head home.

Next word: inspect

[name_m]Thomas[/name_m] inspected his doorframe. There wasn’t any blood there, nor was there a Thomas-shaped dent. Shaking his head, he shut the door to his cottage and stepped out into the snow.

Next word: snow

“Xavier, do you wanna build a snowman?”

“I’d love to, ma chérie, I’d love to.”

Next: build

Her grin widened. “You bet I am. You remember that?”
“Uh, you don’t exactly forget watching your friend build a snowman out of strawberry ice cream, rip-off [name_f]Barbie[/name_f] dolls, and moldy tofu at the innocent young age of eight. Things like that disturb.”

Next: young

Certainly, [name_m]Marshall[/name_m] had performed a number of odd jobs throughout the course of his young life, but he had never delivered a child before – his child, none the less.

Next word: none

It would be a wonderful way of completely ruining both their “legacies,” and legacy-ruining came naturally to [name_m]Niklas[/name_m].
“Number one,” [name_m]Brynjar[/name_m] said, “we make it to the end of this project, both in one piece, then it’s over. None of this is real.” He wrote that down.

next: write