New to NB and need help with names

[name]Hi[/name], I’m new to name berry, :smiley: I’m 4 months pregnant with my third child and completely frustrated with names.
I like unusual or classic names, and my husband hates everything I like. It was this way with both of our other children.
Our son wasnt named until the day after he was born and that was when I had to fill out the BC.
My son’s name is [name]Dylan[/name] [name]Lee[/name] ([name]Lee[/name] after my father) And my daughter’s name is name is [name]Riley[/name] [name]Angelique[/name] ([name]Angelique[/name] after my godmother.) [name]Both[/name] of them are L heavy and would like to try to stay away from L names if its possible.

Names that my husband thinks are “okay” :roll: are [name]Claire[/name] ([name]Claire[/name] after St. [name]Claire[/name] which was his grandfathers middle name)or [name]Allison[/name] for a girl, and [name]Reese[/name] or [name]Ian[/name] for a boy.
I like [name]Allison[/name] but I know someone with this name, [name]Claire[/name] is pretty but I’m not sold on it and what middle name would go with it?
I love [name]Reese[/name] but only for a middle name, I also like [name]Ian[/name] but I’m unsure and I know this is complicated but because my best friends good friend’s name was [name]Ian[/name] and he died in a car accident a couple of years ago, I didn’t know him, but every time I think of the name now I become sad for the family and I don’t know if after the baby was born if I would get over that shadow on the name.

I don’t really have any favorites for boys but I like names that arent super popular.
I recently fell in love with the name [name]Annora[/name] (NN [name]Nora[/name]) and the hubby HATES it. :?

We find out if its a boy or girl in two weeks, and that will help.
Im just completely frustrated and need some advice, If I talk names with the hubby he shoots them all down and family seem to be too opinionated, I wont ask anyone we’re close to because if its a name I like they tend to ruin it. “So and so’s name was that and they we’re the stinky kid in school.” or something like that. I used to like the name [name]Connor[/name] but now every time I think of it I think of the stinky kid! :roll:

Hm. So, you’ve got [name]Dylan[/name] and [name]Riley[/name]? I like [name]Claire[/name], but I don’t think you want anything too feminine with [name]Riley[/name], or else [name]Riley[/name] will look like a boy, you know? Okay, she won’t look like a boy, but you see what I’m saying. Anyway, here are some thoughts…

Aven
[name]Carys[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Keira[/name]
[name]Nola[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Seren[/name]
[name]Teagan[/name] ([name]Tegan[/name])

[name]Bryant[/name]
[name]Evan[/name]
[name]Grady[/name]
[name]Howell[/name]
[name]Liam[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Trevor[/name]
[name]Tyrone[/name]

[name]Lemon[/name]

[name]Lemon[/name], you always have great ideas!

I like [name]Claire[/name], [name]Allison[/name], and [name]Ian[/name]. They all go really well with your kids names. Are there any family names you would like to use as mns?
Some suggestions:
[name]Claire[/name] [name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Claire[/name] [name]Julianne[/name]
[name]Claire[/name] [name]Isabel[/name]
[name]Claire[/name] [name]Annora[/name]
[name]Claire[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Claire[/name] [name]Gabrielle[/name]
[name]Claire[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Allison[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Allison[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Allison[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Allison[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Allison[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Allison[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Ian[/name] [name]Reese[/name]
[name]Ian[/name] [name]Zachary[/name]
[name]Ian[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Ian[/name] [name]Marshall[/name]

Some other suggestions:
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Evan[/name]
[name]Jack[/name]
[name]Hudson[/name]
[name]Grady[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Parker[/name]
[name]Brady[/name]
[name]Colby[/name]
[name]Pierce[/name]
[name]Landon[/name]
[name]Peyton[/name]
[name]Reid[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]

[name]Maya[/name]
[name]Laney[/name]
[name]Taryn[/name]
[name]Aubrey[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Sydney[/name]
[name]Shelby[/name]
[name]Maisie[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Cadence[/name]
[name]Natalie[/name]
[name]Brooke[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name]
[name]Macy[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name]

[name]Do[/name] you like any of those?

Hello and welcome and I am sure that we can help you!

[name]Dylan[/name] [name]Lee[/name] and [name]Riley[/name] [name]Angelique[/name]

I hope you don’t want names without an 'L" in them.

[name]Just[/name] right off the top of my head what about

[name]Alice[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Skye[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Hope[/name] or [name]Hope[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Ava[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Fleur[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Brigid[/name]/[name]Bridget[/name]/[name]Brigitte[/name] [name]Mary[/name]
[name]Lacey[/name] [name]Honor[/name]
[name]Marion[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Bellamy[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Margot[/name] [name]Elise[/name]

[name]Alexander[/name] [name]Rhys[/name] (spelt this way as the girls have claimed [name]Reese[/name])
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Elliott[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name]
[name]Liam[/name] [name]Preston[/name]
[name]Mason[/name] [name]Daniel[/name]
[name]Tristan[/name] [name]David[/name]
[name]Parker[/name] [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Jamison[/name] [name]Andrew[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name] [name]Levi[/name]

rollo :slight_smile:

Middle name for [name]Claire[/name]?

I thought of [name]Claire[/name] [name]Annalise[/name] when you said you liked [name]Reese[/name], [name]Annora[/name], and hubby liked [name]Alison[/name]. Sort of a combo of those.

Thanks so much for all of your replies, there are some really good name suggestions here! :smiley:

[name]Lemon[/name],
I have also thought that anything too girly for a first name will not go well with [name]Riley[/name], and maybe a unisex name with a girly middle name will go better.

Aven very cute, but hubby will hate it.
[name]Carys[/name] [name]LOVE[/name], but hubby hates
[name]Harper[/name] again [name]LOVE[/name] but he doesnt
[name]Keira[/name] I’ve always liked this one, but it means dark and my children tend to be blonde and resistant to any type of tan lol.
[name]Nola[/name] so cute! but he will make fun of it.
[name]Sawyer[/name] When I asked him about this one he looked at me like I was crazy
[name]Seren[/name] I like, but he wont.
[name]Teagan[/name] ([name]Tegan[/name]) This one was on our list for our daughter, but it seems he has a change of memory and now believes this is a silly name.

[name]Bryant[/name] my brothers name is [name]Bryan[/name]
[name]Evan[/name] Cute :slight_smile:
[name]Grady[/name] hubby said no
[name]Howell[/name] hubby said no
[name]Liam[/name] …hubby said no.
[name]Owen[/name] I [name]LOVE[/name] THIS NAME! But he said “I refuse to name my son after a sausage.” [name]Owens[/name] breakfast sausage is a popular brand here.
[name]Trevor[/name] it has potential as a middle name
[name]Tyrone[/name] he doesnt like this one either.

Thanks for your suggestions [name]Lemon[/name].

Leah_9

The names I really liked were

[name]Claire[/name] [name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Claire[/name] [name]Julianne[/name]
[name]Allison[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Allison[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Allison[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Ian[/name] [name]Reese[/name]
[name]Ian[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]

Thank you for your suggestions :slight_smile:

[name]Rollo[/name]

haha I only want the name to not be so L heavy this time, or even so [name]LEE[/name] heavy.

My father passed away when I was pregnant with my son, which is why he had the [name]Lee[/name] middle name, But when naming my daughter we had so few options with the hubby being so picky that I didnt even notice how L heavy both names were. I think because I miss my father I lean towards [name]Lee[/name] names as well.

Here are the name suggestions I liked :slight_smile:

[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Skye[/name] [name]Susan[/name] is Hubbys mothers name, but I do love the name [name]Skye[/name].
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Hope[/name] or [name]Hope[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name] I Like the sound of [name]Hope[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name] :slight_smile: but it will be hard to sell him [name]Hope[/name].

[name]Alexander[/name] [name]Rhys[/name] (spelt this way as the girls have claimed [name]Reese[/name]) [name]Love[/name] the name [name]Alexander[/name], but only as a middle name because the hubby feels that it is too close to [name]Alec[/name] which is his nephews name. [name]Rhys[/name] is also very cute, but again I could only sell this one as a middle name to him.
[name]Mason[/name] [name]Daniel[/name] [name]Love[/name] [name]Mason[/name], but cant use [name]Daniel[/name].

Peachie I like the sound of [name]Claire[/name] [name]Annalise[/name] but the hubby doesnt like [name]Annalise[/name] at all.

Thanks everyone, and most of your name suggestions made me smile. The hubby is really really hard to please and its so frustrating! I bought a baby names book with 100,001 names in it! and he like 3! thats it, I underlined atleast 100 and he shot them all down, I have been on countless name websites and he has hated everything. Ha hes even gone so far as to say “Stop joking around, Im not going to respond if you cant be serious.” when I was being completely serious! I want to find a few name combos that I completely love and then try to sell them to him but I’m afraid he will just shoot down the names. I have also asked him to come up with names several times but hes not interested in looking for them. Grrr :expressionless: