I take goals very seriously! I didn’t want to share my goals here until I was sure about each of them, but it’s the 3rd of [name_u]January[/name_u] and I think I am ready to share!
My goals are broken down into four different categories that I feel are most central in my life at the moment:
I won’t go into detail about my individual plans for each goal (some aren’t even planned yet! It takes quite some time!) but I’ll share a few central goals from each category.
My goals are also defined by time. [name_f]My[/name_f] smaller goals are in 3-month categories ([name_u]Jan[/name_u]-[name_f]Mar[/name_f], Apr-[name_m]Jun[/name_m], Jul-[name_m]Sep[/name_m], Oct-Dec), medium goals in 6-month categories, and BIGGEST goals in 12-month categories. I have goals beyond 12 months, but I don’t think they’re the point of this post.
Despite my chronic illness, none of my health goals surround that. It’s something that is mostly out of control, but I hope each of the things I do here will help me manage it.
- Halve my OCD medication dosage 20mg -> 10mg (6-month goal)
- Consistently eat 3 healthy meals a day, and learn to cook them. (3-month goal)
- Identify and monitor all of my food allergies (12-month goal)
- Run once a week (3-month goal)
- Speak kinder to me. The relationship you have with yourself is the only one you are guaranteed to have for your entire life. Be kind. (12-month goal, but also ongoing)
- Dedicate a time each week to spend with my mother (3-month goal)
- Respond to all of my texts by the end of the day. I’m notoriously bad at replying to texts. (6-month goal)
- Unlearn toxic behaviors in a long-term relationship. It’s hard to admit, but I have been manipulative to my partner in the past. He has been so patient, and it’s my responsibility to do better in that area. (12-month goal, but also ongoing)
- Compliment people more often. (3-month goal)
- Graduate! (12-month goal)
- Get accepted into university (12-month goal)
- Ask more questions. [name_f]Do[/name_f] not fear looking stupid or asking a silly question. (6-month goal)
- Organise school papers when I receive them. (3-month goal)
- Respond faster to academic emails. [name_f]Do[/name_f] not wait THREE weeks before opening important ones. (6-month goal)
- Become graduating valedictorian. BIG goal. (12-month goal)
- Become a more confident driver (6-month goal)
- Read 20 books from a variety of genres. I read 11 last year. (12-month goal)
- Lower screen time to under 5 hours a day. Currently, it’s 7. It’s very embarrassing. (6-month goal)
- Lower my voice. [name_m]Just[/name_m] because I can’t hear myself doesn’t mean others can’t. I have a VERY loud voice because I’m partially deaf. It can drive people crazy! (12-month goal)
- Save up X amount of money. I probably shouldn’t share the exact amount here. (6-month goal)
- Complete the draft for my story I am writing (12-month goal)
I have a few more, but they are quite personal or involve religion which is generally avoided on Nameberry. This may seem ambitious, but I figure I should aim high. I’ll be focusing on a few goals from each group at a time, not all at once! THAT would be a bit crazy!