New York City themed names?

Hey nameberries! I’m not expecting, just brainstorming names and could really use some help. NYC means a lot to myself and my family so I would love to one day honor it in a future child’s name, perhaps in the middle slot. I would love to hear the names you think of associated with the city (besides common names such as [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] and [name_u]Hudson[/name_u]). In addition, are there any you think flow nicely with the name [name_f]Izzie[/name_f]? [name_m]Just[/name_m] a name I’ve been liking lately. Thank you!!

One of the cleverest names I’ve heard, that is very connected to NYC, is [name_f]Lois[/name_f] [name_f]Aida[/name_f] (for Loisaida), where the baby’s parents grew up and met.

There is also Astor/[name_f]Astoria[/name_f], which isn’t my favorite because it sounds annoying and snobby, but it is fitting considering the origin of the name, and [name_u]Chelsea[/name_u], that isn’t very far behind.

[name_u]West[/name_u] is another name that dares me to complete it by saying [name_u]West[/name_u] Village.

I don’t really know a lot about NYC but this is what I came up with.

[name_u]Chelsea[/name_u]
[name_f]Astoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Nolita[/name_f]
[name_f]Lita[/name_f]

[name_m]Gramercy[/name_m] nn [name_m]Gram[/name_m]
[name_m]Jackson[/name_m]
[name_u]Brighton[/name_u]
[name_m]Bronx[/name_m]

I like [name_f]Izzie[/name_f] [name_f]Lita[/name_f] together, as well as [name_f]Izzie[/name_f] [name_u]Brighton[/name_u].

A few initial thoughts:
Ellis
Liberty
Houston pronounced House-ton
Stuyvesant
Delancey
Lennox
Macdougal
Lexington

There are a LOT of interesting street names and park names. Maybe you could focus in on a favorite area. Even sections of Central Park could probably yield some nice possibilities.

There is an NB list!

Some faves
[name_f]Astoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Bellerose[/name_f]
[name_m]Kensington[/name_m]

I love the city too! I’ve lived and/or worked here for the past 6 years and I was raised right across the [name_u]Hudson[/name_u]. What in particular is meaningful to you about the city? If, for example, your great grandparents immigrated through [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] island, it wouldn’t really make sense to choose something like [name_u]Chelsea[/name_u]. If you have roots in [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u], [name_f]Astoria[/name_f] would be an odd choice. Any hints so we could give you more targeted suggestions?

My parents lived in Queens then moved to and raised me in [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u]. NYC has just been a fundamental part of my life and theirs and has allowed me to experience diversity and culture. I am just interested to see what other people think of when they think of the city and hopefully I can pass that on one day to my kids!