Newbie looking for your opinions on Corinna?

After going through and carefully considering at least 200 name combinations, I think I have circled back to [name]Corinna[/name], with my maiden name in the middle, as a sibling to [name]Charles[/name]/[name]Charlie[/name]. I never wanted to be one of those people who named all their kids with the same letter, but there it is. :wink:

What are your overall opinions on [name]Corinna[/name]? [name]Ever[/name] met one? What kind of girl/woman do you picture?

Thanks!

I was just talking to a friend about this name yesterdayā€¦I love it BUT anyone with this name would have to go through life telling people it is [name]COR[/name]-IN-A not [name]COR[/name]-EE-NAā€¦it is a beautiful name if you are willing to deal with that issue. I know of a little girl with this name and when I told her mom how much I liked her name ā€¦the first thing she said was that people always mispronounce it.

It is very pretty - but per tommieā€™s post - I didnā€™t pronounce it right at first. But if you love it then that is what matters most :slight_smile:

I think itā€™s beautiful. I agree with the other posters on pronunciation though, that could be a problem. And as for the kids names starting with the same letter, donā€™t worry about it. If itā€™s the name you love, thatā€™s what matters most. Plus, they donā€™t start with the same sound. And itā€™s not like naming your kids [name]Kimberly[/name], [name]Khloe[/name], and [name]Kourtney[/name], ya know?

It is my name! Although my parents spelled it with an ā€œeā€ instead of an ā€œi.ā€ I love it and always have. Sometimes people do mispronounce it. I recently met another girl named [name]Corrinna[/name], and she did say the same thing. She is the first person Iā€™ve ever met who shared my name. Iā€™m 29. She might be in her early 20ā€™s.

I donā€™t know anyone named [name]Corinna[/name], but growing up in the Deep South, [name]Corinne[/name] was a pretty, old-fashioned name along the lines of [name]Violet[/name] thatā€™s just aching for a comeback. Here itā€™s pronounced [name]Cor[/name]-[name]RYNN[/name], which Iā€™ve always thought sounds much more feminine than [name]Cor[/name]-een.

[name]Corinna[/name] makes me think of a beautiful, sweet, and feminine girl. Maybe called [name]Cori[/name] as a nickname. Itā€™s adorable. Itā€™s an unusual and sweet name, better than [name]Corinne[/name], which is too blah. I know a [name]Corinne[/name] and havenā€™t cared for the name since. It goes with almost any sibling name except [name]Corbin[/name] (m) and [name]Cora[/name] (f)!

I think [name]Corinna[/name] is a very pretty name, but not too frilly. People may mispronounce it at first, but probably only need to be corrected once. And some may pronounce it correctly, since itā€™s unfamiliar and some will just read it phonetically, which leads to a correct pronunciation. I have a friend named [name]Corinne[/name] who has always gone by [name]Cori[/name] anyway (that nickname seems much more feminine and pretty when itā€™s short for [name]Corinne[/name] than when itā€™s the full given name).

This name is becoming appealing to me as wellā€¦I love the [name]Bob[/name] [name]Dylan[/name] song, [name]Corinna[/name], [name]Corinna[/name].

This name is becoming appealing to me as wellā€¦I love the [name]Bob[/name] [name]Dylan[/name] song, [name]Corinna[/name], [name]Corinna[/name].

This name is becoming appealing to me as wellā€¦I love the [name]Bob[/name] [name]Dylan[/name] song, [name]Corrina[/name], [name]Corrina[/name], but Iā€™m not sure about the pronunciation differences.