Newbie Questions

Hello everyone! So I just started and I have a lot of questions :grin:

QUESTION NUMBER ONE:
I’ve been trying to make a list but it doesn’t work. I’ve gone to my account and clicked ‘create a list’ but nothing happens. It takes me to a new screen but nothing’s there. Maybe I have to be a member or something but idk :woman_shrugging:. Is it just a glitch?

QUESTION NUMBER TWO:
I’ve seen a lot of people posting huge lists of names and I don’t know how to do that. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites list is pretty big so do I have to type all the names individually? [name_u]Or[/name_u] is there a way to copy and paste?

QUESTION NUMBER THREE:
I’ve been doing the @discobot tutorials but something went wrong. It tells me to edit the post discobot created on my behalf but idk what post it means. ???

Thank you all so much for your help! I’m a huge name nerd and this is my favorite website :stuck_out_tongue:

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

[name_u]Welcome[/name_u] to Nameberry!

I have heard of a few people experiencing this glitch. Try an incognito tab and/or clearing your browser cookies.

Copy pasting works on the forums as elsewhere. If you have a long list saved in a different place, you can simply copy and paste it into the text box and post. Otherwise yes, you’ll need to type them all out.

Links are automatically added to capitalised names in forum posts but you may need to wait up to 5 mins after posting for this to kick in. (NB. If you edit the post after links have been applied, they disappear. This is unfortunate but not something we are able to fix right now).

I would assume it means edit that post from Discobot. You can either highlight a word to edit or click the three dots at the bottom right of the post and select the pencil icon to edit.

3 Likes

in the private message between you and discobot, there should be a message in your name underneath the one that asks you to edit it. it says something like ‘discobot is the coolest bot i know’, if i remember correctly.

then you can follow @katinka’s steps to edit it however you like. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks so much! That’s really helpful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I was looking for something like this but there wasn’t anything :confused:

oh, that’s a bummer. :confused:

you can always restart the advanced tutorial by asking “@ discobot start advanced tutorial”. i may have accidentally completed that one twice. :wink:

1 Like

Okay! Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Let me know if you’re still having issues. Thanks for your help @eleanorj000!

1 Like