Nice Sib-Set

[name]Hi[/name]!

This is my first post on nameberry:)
I have a son named [name]Dashiell[/name] nn [name]Dash[/name].
I am wondering which (if any) of these names
might sound good together as a sibset. We love
[name]Atticus[/name], [name]Nico[/name], and [name]Knight[/name]. Please let me know if you like
any of these or have any suggestions:) Thank you!!!

I love [name]Dashiell[/name] nn [name]Dash[/name]! [name]Atticus[/name] fits with [name]Dashiell[/name], I think, but doesn’t have a great nn like [name]Dash[/name]. I think [name]Nico[/name] fits well with [name]Dash[/name] - how about [name]Nicholas[/name] nn [name]Nico[/name]. [name]Dashiell[/name] and [name]Nicholas[/name], [name]Dash[/name] and [name]Nico[/name] work well I think. [name]Knight[/name] fits with [name]Dash[/name]'s unexpectedness but doesn’t have the versatility imo - it’s hard to imagine a teenage or adult named [name]Knight[/name] whereas I think [name]Dashiell[/name] nn [name]Dash[/name] works well at any age.

Totally agree with ‘‘gwensmom’’. But I still really love [name]Atticus[/name]! I love your style, but think another name that has a good nn like [name]Dash[/name]'s would work better. What about, [name]Dashiell[/name] ([name]Dash[/name]) and…

[name]Thaddeus[/name]/Thadden ([name]Thad[/name])
[name]Madden[/name] ([name]Mads[/name])
[name]Marsden[/name] ([name]Mars[/name])
[name]Tobin[/name]/[name]Tobias[/name] ([name]Toby[/name])
[name]Ezekiel[/name] ([name]Zeke[/name])
[name]Rafferty[/name] ([name]Raff[/name])
[name]Griffin[/name] ([name]Griff[/name]/[name]Fin[/name])
[name]Maximus[/name]/[name]Maxwell[/name]/[name]Maximilian[/name] ([name]Max[/name])
[name]Wesley[/name] ([name]Wes[/name])
[name]Carsten[/name]/[name]Karsten[/name] (Cars)
[name]Miles[/name] ([name]Milo[/name])
[name]Abram[/name] ([name]Bram[/name]/[name]Abe[/name])
[name]Reuben[/name] ([name]Rube[/name])

[name]Hi[/name] and welcome. I love your naming style [name]Dashiell[/name] is a very handsome name. I like [name]Atticus[/name] very much but in a sibset with [name]Dashiell[/name] I don’t think it works. Sorry, I don’t think that [name]Knight[/name] is a good mix either.

[name]Nicholas[/name] [name]Dante[/name]
[name]Miles[/name] [name]Anderson[/name]
[name]Pierson[/name] [name]Andrew[/name] nn [name]Piers[/name]
[name]Jules[/name] [name]Leopold[/name]
[name]Montgomery[/name] [name]William[/name] nn [name]Monty[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Elliot[/name] * My favourite
[name]William[/name] [name]Grant[/name] nn [name]Will[/name]
[name]Tristan[/name] [name]Charles[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Louis[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name]
[name]Hudson[/name] [name]Cooper[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]

Thanks for the advice:) Thought of another one, thoughts on [name]Crosby[/name]? I love the way it looks on paper , but wonder if I would constantly be asked about a [name]Bill[/name] Cosby reference. Other names on our [name]LONG[/name] list were [name]Orson[/name] and [name]Kingsley[/name] too. I want something different, not too trendy either.

From your list, I love [name]Atticus[/name]! (And I love [name]Dashiell[/name]!) :slight_smile:

On the one hand, I think [name]Crosby[/name] is cool (but I really can’t see it with [name]Dashiell[/name]), but on the other hand, I think of [name]Bing[/name] [name]Crosby[/name], [name]Bill[/name] Cosby, and [name]Crosby[/name], Stills, and [name]Nash[/name].

There was actually a thread on [name]Crosby[/name] not too long ago…I’ll try to find it.

Names I can see with [name]Dashiell[/name] (sorry for repeats):

[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Augustin[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name] (D theme, though)
[name]Edward[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]James[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Victor[/name]

I can see some vintage sounding surnames with [name]Dashiell[/name], like:

[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Franklin[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name] (for some reason, this has a vintage feel to me…)
[name]Pierce[/name]
[name]Truman[/name]
[name]Wilson[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

To add to the above, here’s the [name]Crosby[/name] link: Nameberry - Welcome to the Nameberry Forums

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I love the name [name]Atticus[/name]…you could use the nn [name]Attie[/name] too.

[name]Dashiell[/name] and [name]Atticus[/name] make a great sib-set…