Nicest (Unique) name you've ever heard!

Hey there! Tell me the nicest girl name that you heard and your reaction was like: WOW, thats a beautiful name!

ME: [name_u]Poet[/name_u]/Poetry.
[name_f]Bruna[/name_f]

I heard a little girl named Storie not too long ago, thought it was unique and pretty!

3 Likes

One of my kids when I was a camp counselor was named Knightly (nn Knights in her family). So sweet and I lovely.

8 Likes

I know a Poet as well! Bruna is gorgeous, as is Poet :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I met a woman named Lieben. She told me it was derived from “love” in [name_m]German[/name_m] - Liebe

5 Likes

Meadow is so pretty!

3 Likes

I knew a girl named [name_f]Angeline[/name_f] and thought it was gorgeous.

2 Likes

Sunshine and [name_f]Delyth[/name_f]

2 Likes

I have a little cousin named [name_f]Alpha[/name_f]

1 Like

I met an [name_f]Aphra[/name_f] once! Thought it was beautiful

3 Likes

I was in ballet classes with a girl named [name_f]Scheherazade[/name_f] for several years when I was younger and I don’t think any name I’ll encounter will ever surpass the sheer beauty and uniqueness of that one!

5 Likes

Most recently, [name_f]Aurembiaix[/name_f] (or-em-bee-ay), an Aragonese historical figure a friend introduced me to :cupid:

2 Likes

I used to have a friend at my church whose niece was named Remigold, a mix of [name_u]Remi[/name_u] and [name_f]Marigold[/name_f].

9 Likes

An acquaintance has a little girl called [name_u]Pippin[/name_u] :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: A bit cutesy perhaps but I totally love it!

And my cousin is [name_f]Delphi[/name_f], which I think is just lovely.

SIL also has a friend called [name_f]Marsailidh[/name_f], which is an alternative spelling of one of my favourite Scottish names, the obscure but very beautiful [name_f]Marsaili[/name_f].

4 Likes

@katinka I have a [name_f]Marsailidh[/name_f] in one of the classes at work! She’s a doll :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Also, just seen another berry is taking [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] into the delivery room as a possible with [name_u]Pippin[/name_u] as a nn for a wee girl and my heart swooned! I know that LOTR’s [name_u]Pippin[/name_u] is really a [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] but somehow I’d never considered it for a girl and I’ve fallen head over heels :cupid:

4 Likes

I saw that too! :heart_eyes: I have actually heard of another little baby girl [name_u]Pippin[/name_u], so maybe it’s getting a bit more exposure? I think it’ll stay safely under the radar though.

1 Like

Líadan! It’s not very popular in [name_f]Ireland[/name_f] and it’s even rarer in the United States. I think it’s such a beautiful name. Her siblings also have lovely Irish names, but they’re much more common there.

3 Likes

I know a little boy named [name_u]Pippin[/name_u], and I agree that [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] (called [name_u]Pippin[/name_u]) on a girl is stunning! One of the best unexpected names I’ve come across was a girl named [name_u]Laurence[/name_u].

1 Like

Sinead

1 Like

Aelia :heart_eyes:

2 Likes