nickname for Aurelia

I love the name [name]Aurelia[/name], it might be the name I pick if I have a second daughter. I’m wondering whether [name]Ella[/name] might be an okay nickname. I’ve always loved the [name]Ella[/name], [name]Emma[/name], [name]Eva[/name] type names, but I don’t want one of those to be the only name my daughter has, so that if she’s in a class with 3 other [name]Ella[/name]'s, she can go by [name]Aurelia[/name]. That’s what I’m thinking. The other nn I considered was [name]Elia[/name], but with it’s similarity to the boy’s name [name]Elliot[/name] and the three syllables not making it much of a short name to say, it didn’t seem as good to me as [name]Ella[/name].

I was gonna suggust nn [name]Eli[/name] or [name]Elia[/name] as well. It is a little masculine but I think it will work.
Also [name]Aura[/name], [name]Rora[/name] or [name]Rory[/name] are other nn you could use.

I know a little [name]Aurelia[/name] who goes by Reely, which is very cute because she’s an Irish dancer (one of the dances is called a reel). I love the name [name]Aurelia[/name]!

Yeah, the problem is that my name ends in -ry, so I want to avoid anything too similar to that. It’s quite frustrating because I love so many names that end in -y or -ie. That’s why I wanted to try the -a ending of [name]Ella[/name].

[name]Lia[/name] would work. [name]Ella[/name] isn’t as intuitive to me because that isn’t the way I pronounce the -el part of [name]Aurelia[/name].

I think [name]Elle[/name] not [name]Ella[/name] would work easily.

Oh! I like that. I think it’s settled. [name]Elle[/name] as a nickname. That is much better than [name]Ella[/name], because it did kind of bother me that the ella sound wasn’t actually in the name [name]Aurelia[/name].

I pronounce it Oh-ray-lia so I’d choose the nick name [name]Ray[/name] or [name]Lia[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Ray[/name] or Rei